2019-2020 Texas Tech, El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email for an eRaider account, but I didn't even interview :(

Must have been an IT mistake. I got one of those and an email about mengungitis this morning but I’ve interviewed here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! And you never know, they might have put you on a list and jumped the gun before sending good news!

Hoping this is the case because I got the eRaider account setup email this morning as well but no II yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to be a bummer y’all but last years applicants got the same email and nothing came out of it. Not sure why they send it.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else not able to sign in after they have made the account?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else receive an eRaider email and meningitis notice this morning? Strange since I haven’t been admitted

Anyone else receive an eRaider email and meningitis notice this morning? Strange since I haven’t been admitted
I did too. I interviewed in early October and haven't heard back as well. Apparently it means nothing though :/

I think it doesnt mean anything, as I received pre-match offer and i did not receive anything.

II just now? Complete early-mid August. Was not expecting this at all. Going to have to think about it since I’ve been accepted somewhere else that I’m pretty certain I’d rather go.

II just now? Complete early-mid August. Was not expecting this at all. Going to have to think about it since I’ve been accepted somewhere else that I’m pretty certain I’d rather go.

If you see yourself at the other school, please let someone else have the opportunity to interview here. It could be their first and only interview this cycle.

But if you can see yourself at El Paso then attend.

They have videos showing off their program and campus on YouTube. Also, read up on EP and the patient population, along with COL among other things. Re-familiarize yourself on PLFSOM by reviewing their MSAR page if you have it available.

GL on making the decision.

EDIT: spelling

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II right now!! I was so set on going to DO school since I never got an interview this cycle !! I am crying right now. I thought I would never get a chance to interview for an MD school. I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity. I applied in early November!! thought it was too late in the cycle for interviews. Guess they saw something they wanted to talk to me about in person!! I'm still in disbelief. Literally crying right now eating a cheeseburger. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 13 users
Got another email about an eraider account after receiving one a couple weeks ago.... smh

And another email this morning....
What a mess. These repeated, meaningless emails reflect poorly on them, especially when most of their staff act uninterested on interview day...

Last edited:
Congratulations to those that got prematched and accepted. Can you by any chance update you lizzy m score or update your stats please if you dont mind. I thought I was very competitive for this school but haven't heard anything from them, planning on sending them an email on the status. Thanks for all your responses.

Congratulations to those that got prematched and accepted. Can you by any chance update you lizzy m score or update your stats please if you dont mind. I thought I was very competitive for this school but haven't heard anything from them, planning on sending them an email on the status. Thanks for all your responses.

Did you receive an II? I don’t know if they choose who to give prematches to based on stats or fit but TT EP is looking for students who fit their mission. It’s not all about stats (ex. I interviewed with a low GPA but demonstrated commitment to the school’s mission).

Did you receive an II? I don’t know if they choose who to give prematches to based on stats or fit but TT EP is looking for students who fit their mission. It’s not all about stats (ex. I interviewed with a low GPA but demonstrated commitment to the school’s mission).
Nope I haven't received a II thats what worries me.:cryi:

What a mess. These repeated, meaningless emails reflect poorly on them, especially when most of their staff act uninterested on interview day...

Sorry to hear that was your experience on interview day! I myself was blown away by the kindness, thoughtfulness, and enthusiasm of the staff and adcom. I’d give examples but don’t want to dox myself.

Nope I haven't received a II thats what worries me.:cryi:

I’m sorry :( I think IIs are essentially over in Texas. If you haven’t had success, you should submit your app to get reviewed for free on Dr. Ryan Gray’s YouTube series! I saw on his Instagram he’s choosing some people to help.

Sorry to hear that was your experience on interview day! I myself was blown away by the kindness, thoughtfulness, and enthusiasm of the staff and adcom. I’d give examples but don’t want to dox myself.
That’s good to hear. I will say that the interviewers and the dean of medical education were great! It was everyone else I encountered that seemed unenthusiastic.
So I didn’t walk away with the best impression, but it’s good to know that isn’t everyone’s experience

I’m sorry :( I think IIs are essentially over in Texas. If you haven’t had success, you should submit your app to get reviewed for free on Dr. Ryan Gray’s YouTube series! I saw on his Instagram he’s choosing some people to help.
I think that TT El Paso, Long, UTRGV, TCU/UNTHSC, and possibly TCOM still have some invitations going out.
And heck, Dell just sent out not only some interview invites but a secondary app request within the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I think EP is very mission oriented

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

if anyone is willing to spare me some interview tips, please PM me. I'd really appreciate it! If not, I totally understand :)

I think that TT El Paso, Long, UTRGV, TCU/UNTHSC, and possibly TCOM still have some invitations going out.
And heck, Dell just sent out not only some interview invites but a secondary app request within the last 2 weeks.
Thank you!!! you gave me some hope.

if anyone is willing to spare me some interview tips, please PM me. I'd really appreciate it! If not, I totally understand :)

Honestly what everyone else has said on here covers it. Make sure you can answer "Why Foster?" and have an idea of the unique challenges faced in El Paso. Overall the interview day is very relaxed. My interviewers were both local affiliated physicians that took genuine interest in why I was interested in medicine and in El Paso. The best advice that I received was to just be myself and try to portray what you stand for.

Honestly what everyone else has said on here covers it. Make sure you can answer "Why Foster?" and have an idea of the unique challenges faced in El Paso. Overall the interview day is very relaxed. My interviewers were both local affiliated physicians that took genuine interest in why I was interested in medicine and in El Paso. The best advice that I received was to just be myself and try to portray what you stand for.
Thank you : )

I got a II yesterday! Super excited, this is one of my top choices in Texas. Does anyone have any tips for doing well?

Prematched yesterday! Interviewed 11/21. I can't believe it, I'm gonna be a doctor!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I called admissions and they stated they do not accept updates. They stated interview invites are still going out but all you can do now is to be patient.
What else can I do at this point to push for an II without sending an update? Or is all I can do is be patient?

I called admissions and they stated they do not accept updates. They stated interview invites are still going out but all you can do now is to be patient.
What else can I do at this point to push for an II without sending an update? Or is all I can do is be patient?

lol be patient and grateful for acceptances (if any)

So the prematch is given out a period between Oct 15th to Dec 31st. Does Texas Tech El Paso give out prematch offers in December? Could people who interviewed in December receive prematch offers?

So the prematch is given out a period between Oct 15th to Dec 31st. Does Texas Tech El Paso give out prematch offers in December? Could people who interviewed in December receive prematch offers?
from what I've seen in past threads, yes you can prematch if you interviewed in December. I saw that the adcomms review your app and make a decision the late afternoon of your interview (not 100% sure that's true), but I saw some people prematch the day after interviewing so it is very much possible. But if you don't prematch, don't worry. Match day is when they fill the majority of their class!

Just gave up my II here! I hope someone else gets it!

Reactions: 6 users
I do not believe so. Its mentioned in the schools’s application portal.

Is anyone driving out from the Houston area to interview on January 16th? I was hoping I could carpool or something