-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Texas Tech, El Paso
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm having trouble also!anyone have any trouble getting your eraider account to work?
Wolf-demon7
Full Member
Does this email even mean anything or its a waste of time cause i haven't received an interview so what's the point of telling me to make an eraider account or telling me about meningitis. Sorry just venting cause I can't seem to get this account to workI'm having trouble also!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does this email even mean anything or its a waste of time cause i haven't received an interview so what's the point of telling me to make an eraider account or telling me about meningitis. Sorry just venting cause I can't seem to get this account to work
Don’t bother if you haven’t received an interview.
imconfusedthiscycle
Full Member
II today, 4.0 GPA 505 MCAT URM
imconfusedthiscycle
Full Member
Just received an interview invite today, and I applied early in the cycle LOLHow late is late? The last interview invitations I have seen were in mid- December but I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some more interviews In January
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
II this morning. Applied in June! My interview is on Feb. 18.. Hopefully my rank list updates before its due on the 19th!
Wolf-demon7
Full Member
Just to make sure do you receive an interview through regular email or is it something to do with the eraider account?Just received an interview invite today, and I applied early in the cycle LOL
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
I received mine through my emailJust to make sure do you receive an interview through regular email or is it something to do with the eraider account?
imconfusedthiscycle
Full Member
E-mail, it was funny because I got eraider first and was wondering what the point of setting up the account was without an interview....lolJust to make sure do you receive an interview through regular email or is it something to do with the eraiider account?
Hey, all. Does everyone get a folder of stuff from Foster after the interview? Or am I reading into this too much?
Putting Foster #1 on my match list and hoping and praying.
Putting Foster #1 on my match list and hoping and praying.
I got a folder before my interview so it might be everyone.Hey, all. Does everyone get a folder of stuff from Foster after the interview? Or am I reading into this too much?
Putting Foster #1 on my match list and hoping and praying.
I'm afraid it's all of us that get that folder. If I get into my choice, I'll be opening up a Foster offer for you, so lets hope we all get in where we most want to go! If I don't get into one of my first choice schools, I'll still feel really great about getting to go here, but I'll hope I get in closer to home and you end up taking my spot! Good luck to you!Hey, all. Does everyone get a folder of stuff from Foster after the interview? Or am I reading into this too much?
Putting Foster #1 on my match list and hoping and praying.
Well, gosh darn it! And here I was hoping that I was special. 🙄 Good luck to you both! The match can't come soon enough. Totally understand about wanting to be close to home.
Wolf-demon7
Full Member
Haha I felt the same way but i haven't received anything and still can't get eraider to work. Congrats on the invite thoughE-mail, it was funny because I got eraider first and was wondering what the point of setting up the account was without an interview....lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Could any current students talk about the role that midlevels play in your education here? Thank you!
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
I got my folder of stuff BEFORE the interview hahaHey, all. Does everyone get a folder of stuff from Foster after the interview? Or am I reading into this too much?
Putting Foster #1 on my match list and hoping and praying.
From a preclinical perspective, we have Damaris Rosado, PA-C, who plays a large role in our medical skills education. She's probably the most consistent when it comes to giving high-quality, well-understood explanations for each step of specific clinical exams.Could any current students talk about the role that midlevels play in your education here? Thank you!
Aside from that, the only other example that directly worked with us were the Nurse-Midwives when we were in our Reproductive block.
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Hey guys! Seems I'm on here a lot these days, but... two questions!
For current students, do you spend any time for classes or clerkships at the Eastern Medical Campus off the 375? Or does everything happen at the Main Campus? Asking for housing purposes...
Second, is there any Facebook group for accepted students, or another social media group?
Thanks everyone!
For current students, do you spend any time for classes or clerkships at the Eastern Medical Campus off the 375? Or does everything happen at the Main Campus? Asking for housing purposes...
Second, is there any Facebook group for accepted students, or another social media group?
Thanks everyone!
For pre-clinicals: The only place you'll be is the main campus near UMC.Hey guys! Seems I'm on here a lot these days, but... two questions!
For current students, do you spend any time for classes or clerkships at the Eastern Medical Campus off the 375? Or does everything happen at the Main Campus? Asking for housing purposes...
Second, is there any Facebook group for accepted students, or another social media group?
Thanks everyone!
For clinicals: 99% at UMC.
There should be an FB made by the current MS1's for y'all. A GroupMe will be made by your own class at some point.
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Thank you for your help!For pre-clinicals: The only place you'll be is the main campus near UMC.
For clinicals: 99% at UMC.
There should be an FB made by the current MS1's for y'all. A GroupMe will be made by your own class at some point.
somanyquestionsforyou
Full Member
OMG this has been confounding me all morning. So it's something they sent to everyone? I never got past the secondary at El Paso or Lubbock so I've been wondering why they want me to make a student account now out of nowhere.I just got the eraider and meningitis emails pre-II. I see that they send that to everyone but it's weird they're coming in on different days randomly.
I didn't get notified of them, but I did see that they were listed on the interview page a couple days before the interview.Hey everyone,
For those of you who have interviewed already, when did you receive the names of your interviewers? I'm interviewing on 2/18 and I just got a webex invite for the interview day welcome, but I haven't received anything else.
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Any idea when the academic calendar for the year will come out? Trying to plan the move! 

You can roughly judge based on last year's calendar, although it will be a little different than last year. That's what I've done at all my schools to have a rough idea of when school starts.Any idea when the academic calendar for the year will come out? Trying to plan the move!![]()
Hey guys,
I have an interview on 2/18 and I'm at the verge of having a mental breakdown because the winter storm in texas has been causing rolling blackouts, some people without power for 30 hours. We were without power for 15 hours before it came on and went away 2 hours later. I'm not sure how long this is going to last but is anyone else in the same position? If so, how are you handling the situation?
I have an interview on 2/18 and I'm at the verge of having a mental breakdown because the winter storm in texas has been causing rolling blackouts, some people without power for 30 hours. We were without power for 15 hours before it came on and went away 2 hours later. I'm not sure how long this is going to last but is anyone else in the same position? If so, how are you handling the situation?
I have an interview elsewhere tomorrow. What I'm doing is trying to keep my laptop and cell phone plugged in today to top off battery whenever I can. If both work tomorrow, even if I don't have internet, I can use my phone for information sessions and as a Hotspot, then use my laptop (with higher quality video but not much battery life for the interview itself. If I end up just on my phone and the quality isn't great, I know they'll still appreciate that I'm making something work and being adaptable. If I don't even have cell phone battery, I'll go out to my car and do my interview in my car if necessary tomorrow. You can make this work. It's going to be okay.Hey guys,
I have an interview on 2/18 and I'm at the verge of having a mental breakdown because the winter storm in texas has been causing rolling blackouts, some people without power for 30 hours. We were without power for 15 hours before it came on and went away 2 hours later. I'm not sure how long this is going to last but is anyone else in the same position? If so, how are you handling the situation?
Thanks for sharing! The problem is, my cellular data isn't working either. Otherwise I wouldn't have been this panicky about the whole situation. Currently trying to see if I can book a workspace that isn't out of power just in case I run out of options.I have an interview elsewhere tomorrow. What I'm doing is trying to keep my laptop and cell phone plugged in today to top off battery whenever I can. If both work tomorrow, even if I don't have internet, I can use my phone for information sessions and as a Hotspot, then use my laptop (with higher quality video but not much battery life for the interview itself. If I end up just on my phone and the quality isn't great, I know they'll still appreciate that I'm making something work and being adaptable. If I don't even have cell phone battery, I'll go out to my car and do my interview in my car if necessary tomorrow. You can make this work. It's going to be okay.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh dear! That would make me panicky too. I'm sorry!Thanks for sharing! The problem is, my cellular data isn't working either. Otherwise I wouldn't have been this panicky about the whole situation. Currently trying to see if I can book a workspace that isn't out of power just in case I run out of options.
The interview takes place via WebEx, which supports dial-in. Contact the Office of Admissions and let them know about the issue.Hey guys,
I have an interview on 2/18 and I'm at the verge of having a mental breakdown because the winter storm in texas has been causing rolling blackouts, some people without power for 30 hours. We were without power for 15 hours before it came on and went away 2 hours later. I'm not sure how long this is going to last but is anyone else in the same position? If so, how are you handling the situation?
Obviously it's best to try and make the interview with video services, but in the event that you experience something like this it's good to have Plan B already established with them.
Keep checking your TMDSAS portal to see. You also might not have heard the news that the deadline to submit your rank list has been extended to Monday Feb 22.For those of you who interviewed on 2/18, was anything mentioned about when they will make the school available for us to rank in TMDSAS? I totally forgot to ask lmao
Dr. Perry just said we had till Monday to submit our rank. Did PLFSOM show up on your rank preference page yet? It hasn't appeared on mine yet. Thanks!For those of you who interviewed on 2/18, was anything mentioned about when they will make the school available for us to rank in TMDSAS? I totally forgot to ask lmao
Nope! It still hasn't shown up on my page. I have a feeling it won't show up until MondayDr. Perry just said we had till Monday to submit our rank. Did PLFSOM show up on your rank preference page yet? It hasn't appeared on mine yet. Thanks!
Wolf-demon7
Full Member
I'm not a Texas resident and only have 1 interview so far which was postponed due to the storm. How exactly do we go about submitting a rank list. I don't see anything listed in the application.
If you are out of state you don’t have the ability to rank or be in the match. Your offers are “rolling”.I'm not a Texas resident and only have 1 interview so far which was postponed due to the storm. How exactly do we go about submitting a rank list. I don't see anything listed in the application.
Wolf-demon7
Full Member
Sorry for my ignorance but I thought the instructions state that if you don't submit a rank list you would be withdrawn. Also when do they stop admitting people cause my interview at Sam Houston was supposed to be on Feb 19 but got cancelled due to the storm so I'm kind of nervous they wont have any spots left.If you are out of state you don’t have the ability to rank or be in the match. Your offers are “rolling”.
Strangely enough, SHSU is apparently doing interviews after matches are due too. They probably do plan to reschedule with you.Sorry for my ignorance but I thought the instructions state that if you don't submit a rank list you would be withdrawn. Also when do they stop admitting people cause my interview at Sam Houston was supposed to be on Feb 19 but got cancelled due to the storm so I'm kind of nervous they wont have any spots left.
"Non-Texas residents, MD/PhD, DO/PhD, MD/MBA and Assured Acceptance Program applicants are NOT included in the match process"Sorry for my ignorance but I thought the instructions state that if you don't submit a rank list you would be withdrawn. Also when do they stop admitting people cause my interview at Sam Houston was supposed to be on Feb 19 but got cancelled due to the storm so I'm kind of nervous they wont have any spots left.
I don’t have an answer for that one, all interviews at other schools have been completed by the Match rank date.Strangely enough, SHSU is apparently doing interviews after matches are due too. They probably do plan to reschedule with you.
OBGYNKenoby
Full Member
Good luck to you all tomorrow! I can't wait to meet my future classmates! 😀
MATCHED! 🤠
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quadmonsta30
Full Member
I MATCHED! What do I do from here? Do I wait for an email or like access the portal?
I MATCHED! What do I do from here? Do I wait for an email or like access the portal?
I'm wondering the same thing! I'm shaking 🤣
tiredandsad
New Member
Matched!! Over the moon!!