2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any Tulane students available to answer questions??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
Yes, having the same issue. I sent an email

Members don't see this ad :)
For the prompts that say "list" did you all provide any description? They give 100-150 words, but if you just list it shouldn't be that long :shrug:

I list my stuff but try to include a sentence or so for the ones that require it. I am simply listing my leadership (because each has a slot in my primary app W/A) but for the hobbies one, I am listing and providing a short description for each. I figured that they gave us all that space for a reason.

Reactions: 1 users
My application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
+1

When you guys submitted, did you receive a confirmation email? I received an email of my payment, but have yet to receive a confirmation email that they received my app

When you guys submitted, did you receive a confirmation email? I received an email of my payment, but have yet to receive a confirmation email that they received my app
I didn't get a confirmation email either. All I have is my updated portal.

I didn't but also my letters aren't in so my application's not complete

I am having the same issue! AAMC says to wait a week then call the medical school directly

Reactions: 2 users
+1

Is it bad to say that I want to go to Tulane because my favorite football team is the New Orleans Saints, lol...

Is it bad to say that I want to go to Tulane because my favorite football team is the New Orleans Saints, lol...
Have you ever been to New Orleans to see a game (i.e. experience their culture, etc.)? That could definitely be a great segue. Otherwise, no, I think it'd be a stretch :p

Members don't see this ad :)
My letters are in AMCAS long ago but somehow on Tulane's portal there's no letter and file is not completed.

"List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college."

I know it says during college, but would it be classified as unruly to list leadership positions I held in my graduate program (SMP at a medical school)?

Where are you seeing that?

"List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college."

I know it says during college, but would it be classified as unruly to list leadership positions I held in my graduate program (SMP at a medical school)?

Personally I think it would be fine but I would call to be sure

Not to be paranoid, but just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the red exclamation point next to in progress. My file is complete.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 4.28.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 4.28.33 PM.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 140
Not to be paranoid, but just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the red exclamation point next to in progress. My file is complete.
I still have it and I submitted everything on Wednesday. I think they had this exact issue last cycle and just didn't update the red exclamation points until closer to IIs were going out.

+2

+2

It says "No letters of recommendation have been submitted" when I click on see document status for details even though I'm complete.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

+3

it takes a while for the red checkmark to turn into a green. Just look at the threads from previous years.

Personally I think it would be fine but I would call to be sure
Just wanted to update you guys: I was told to list my leadership positions from my graduate program as well! :)

Does anyone have a green check by LORs but when you click on it it says none submitted?

Do you think I should call if I haven’t gotten it yet?
If you look at last years thread, they were super random with the timing. I think they had difficulty getting them from AMCAS or something, but it probably wouldn't hurt to call and check.

Just got the complete email and under review!

is anyone having difficulty with the secondary? i've been unable to access it for hours and now i can access it but i can't edit it.

is anyone having difficulty with the secondary? i've been unable to access it for hours and now i can access it but i can't edit it.

I also ran into this problem just now. I'm able to access but not able to check off or type anything on my app.

I also ran into this problem just now. I'm able to access but not able to check off or type anything on my app.
+1 on that issue. It was working literally hours before.

Has anyone tried to edit content in the text boxes after saving but before submitting? I saved my work earlier and found a type, but I can't seem to edit anything in any of the text boxes on the "Personal Information" page....

Has anyone tried to edit content in the text boxes after saving but before submitting? I saved my work earlier and found a type, but I can't seem to edit anything in any of the text boxes on the "Personal Information" page....
that's happening to me too right now!

+1 Was hoping to submit today but the secondary won't let me enter in my essays. Guess I need to wait a bit longer.

I had the same issue as many of you - unable to type in the text fields on the secondary application interface. I emailed them and this is the response:

Hi Zygomatic,

There is a problem with the secondary application. We have reported the problem to our tech support and they are investigating the problem. Please check the application later today. We look forward to receiving your application.

Thank you,
Tulane School of Medicine Admissions Team

I was pretty convinced I was rejected pre-secondary submission, hah. Hopefully it will be fixed later today!

Just got e-mail that secondary is under review! Also, when looking at overall application status, I have a green check for LOR, but when clicking it, I still get the 'No LOR have been submitted' statement.

Just got e-mail that secondary is under review! Also, when looking at overall application status, I have a green check for LOR, but when clicking it, I still get the 'No LOR have been submitted' statement.
Same thing happened to me. Maybe they just havent updated their server with the LORs