You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Tulane University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, having the same issue. I sent an emailMy application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the prompts that say "list" did you all provide any description? They give 100-150 words, but if you just list it shouldn't be that long![]()
I list my stuff but try to include a sentence or so for the ones that require it. I am simply listing my leadership (because each has a slot in my primary app W/A) but for the hobbies one, I am listing and providing a short description for each. I figured that they gave us all that space for a reason.
+1My application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
I didn't get a confirmation email either. All I have is my updated portal.When you guys submitted, did you receive a confirmation email? I received an email of my payment, but have yet to receive a confirmation email that they received my app
I didn't but also my letters aren't in so my application's not completeWhen you guys submitted, did you receive a confirmation email? I received an email of my payment, but have yet to receive a confirmation email that they received my app
I am having the same issue! AAMC says to wait a week then call the medical school directlyMy application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
+1My application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
Is it bad to say that I want to go to Tulane because my favorite football team is the New Orleans Saints, lol...
prospmedstud18
Full Member
Anyone still waiting on the secondary?
Have you ever been to New Orleans to see a game (i.e. experience their culture, etc.)? That could definitely be a great segue. Otherwise, no, I think it'd be a stretch 😛Is it bad to say that I want to go to Tulane because my favorite football team is the New Orleans Saints, lol...
AnxiouslyHopeful
Full Member
Came here to ask the same questionAnyone still waiting on the secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bostonstrong95
Full Member
Where are you seeing that?My application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
D
deleted787552
"List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college."
I know it says during college, but would it be classified as unruly to list leadership positions I held in my graduate program (SMP at a medical school)?
Personally I think it would be fine but I would call to be sure
+2
It says "No letters of recommendation have been submitted" when I click on see document status for details even though I'm complete.
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
I still have it and I submitted everything on Wednesday. I think they had this exact issue last cycle and just didn't update the red exclamation points until closer to IIs were going out.Not to be paranoid, but just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the red exclamation point next to in progress. My file is complete.
tobrittany
Full Member
WHO DATIs it bad to say that I want to go to Tulane because my favorite football team is the New Orleans Saints, lol...
+1Not to be paranoid, but just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the red exclamation point next to in progress. My file is complete.
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Not to be paranoid, but just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the red exclamation point next to in progress. My file is complete.
+2
+2
It says "No letters of recommendation have been submitted" when I click on see document status for details even though I'm complete.
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
+3
it takes a while for the red checkmark to turn into a green. Just look at the threads from previous years.
"List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college."
I know it says during college, but would it be classified as unruly to list leadership positions I held in my graduate program (SMP at a medical school)?
Just wanted to update you guys: I was told to list my leadership positions from my graduate program as well! 🙂Personally I think it would be fine but I would call to be sure
Lucky! I'm still waiting for one.Is it a good idea to call and ask if I haven't gotten a secondary yet?
Edit: Finally got it!
Applicant5678
Full Member
Does anyone have a green check by LORs but when you click on it it says none submitted?
bostonstrong95
Full Member
Do you think I should call if I haven’t gotten it yet?
Applicant5678
Full Member
If you look at last years thread, they were super random with the timing. I think they had difficulty getting them from AMCAS or something, but it probably wouldn't hurt to call and check.Do you think I should call if I haven’t gotten it yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the complete email and under review!
When did you submit?Just got the complete email and under review!
does your portal say the letters are in? Mine are still missing despite having a green check.Just got the complete email and under review!
prospmedstud18
Full Member
Anyone still waiting for a secondary?
2nd of julyWhen did you submit?
Yeah got the green check but the note says it missing lol as long as they say its under review i'm good with that.does your portal say the letters are in? Mine are still missing despite having a green check.
is anyone having difficulty with the secondary? i've been unable to access it for hours and now i can access it but i can't edit it.
I also ran into this problem just now. I'm able to access but not able to check off or type anything on my app.
+1 on that issue. It was working literally hours before.I also ran into this problem just now. I'm able to access but not able to check off or type anything on my app.
+2+1 on that issue. It was working literally hours before.
Has anyone tried to edit content in the text boxes after saving but before submitting? I saved my work earlier and found a type, but I can't seem to edit anything in any of the text boxes on the "Personal Information" page....
that's happening to me too right now!Has anyone tried to edit content in the text boxes after saving but before submitting? I saved my work earlier and found a type, but I can't seem to edit anything in any of the text boxes on the "Personal Information" page....
Sorry it's happening to you..... but glad it's not just me!! Hope it gets fixed soon!that's happening to me too right now!
+1 Was hoping to submit today but the secondary won't let me enter in my essays. Guess I need to wait a bit longer.
I had the same issue as many of you - unable to type in the text fields on the secondary application interface. I emailed them and this is the response:
Hi Zygomatic,
There is a problem with the secondary application. We have reported the problem to our tech support and they are investigating the problem. Please check the application later today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Thank you,
Tulane School of Medicine Admissions Team
I was pretty convinced I was rejected pre-secondary submission, hah. Hopefully it will be fixed later today!
Hi Zygomatic,
There is a problem with the secondary application. We have reported the problem to our tech support and they are investigating the problem. Please check the application later today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Thank you,
Tulane School of Medicine Admissions Team
I was pretty convinced I was rejected pre-secondary submission, hah. Hopefully it will be fixed later today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PSA: It works now! Woot woot
Same thing happened to me. Maybe they just havent updated their server with the LORsJust got e-mail that secondary is under review! Also, when looking at overall application status, I have a green check for LOR, but when clicking it, I still get the 'No LOR have been submitted' statement.
bostonstrong95
Full Member
Has anyone tried doing this? I was thinking about calling todaySo, who wants to call admissions about the lack of secondaries![]()
UnderRepresentedMajority
Full Member
I am also under review, but when I click on LOR status, it says no LORs have been submitted.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K