2018-2019 Tulane University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

My application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
I just called. They said they've been having issues with their system for the past week. She said if it isn't fixed call back tomorrow.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got a red exclamation point next to "In Progress" under my application status. What's up with that? And for those marked as "under review," what are you seeing on your portal?
 
I've got a red exclamation point next to "In Progress" under my application status. What's up with that? And for those marked as "under review," what are you seeing on your portal?
I have the same. I sent them an email and they said my application is complete. They are having technical issues with the secondary.
 
I need some opinions. In the secondary it asks if anyone from your family went to Tulane SOM. My dad got his MPH from here, but this is part of the school of public health, not school of medicine. Do I say yes? Or leave it at a no? I can't decide.
 
I need some opinions. In the secondary it asks if anyone from your family went to Tulane SOM. My dad got his MPH from here, but this is part of the school of public health, not school of medicine. Do I say yes? Or leave it at a no? I can't decide.

Trying not to sound mean but just direct.

The question asks specifically for the school of medicine. I would say no if I were you. You don't wanna piss off any reviewer or adcom member for not responding to the question asked.
 
Trying not to sound mean but just direct.

The question asks specifically for the school of medicine. I would say no if I were you. You don't wanna piss off any reviewer or adcom member for not responding to the question asked.

No, not mean at all. I've been thinking the exact same thing. Not about to try and piss anybody off for the smallest little detail! Glad you agree 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still have a red exclamation mark next to “In Progress” and I submitted 7/6... I was hoping for at least a status change to Under Review since they started giving out IIs
 
Can any current students comment on whether or not they can get early exposure to fields like anesthesia/ophthalmology/EM/rads? I don't see a whole lot of time built into the curriculum.
MD Program ~ Curriculum | medicine

There is a lot of opportunity to shadow anesthesia and EM. Upperclassmen will be sending you links to sign up for these shifts.

Ophthalmology - I am going to say we don't get any exposure to this in the first year unless you seek it out yourself.

Radiology - Anatomy has a radiologic component in the curriculum where you learn to read from the various images. Those class sessions are taught by radiologists and you can email them to set up shadowing opportunities.

As a rule of thumb, if you want to accomplish or see something at Tulane, it is within your reach to do so if you reach out and do the work.
 
I still have a red exclamation mark next to “In Progress” and I submitted 7/6... I was hoping for at least a status change to Under Review since they started giving out IIs

No worries, you're not alone. I have red exclamation mark, no "under review" email, and submitted 7/4, same day I received secondary.
 
Lol I got a secondary a week ago but its useless cause I am also still waiting on a committee letter (which won't happen till ATLEAST late July but probably August).
I feel ya man. I’ve been prewriting/submitting apps on the fly but it’s pointless since none of them will be reviewed until that letter is in
 
I still have a red exclamation mark next to “In Progress” and I submitted 7/6... I was hoping for at least a status change to Under Review since they started giving out IIs
I submitted the same day as you. Got my green check yesterday. I know someone who submitted at least two days before me and still doesn’t have the green. Don’t know what any of it means but I wouldn’t get too worried - they’ll get to you! Probably depends on which reviewers pile you ended up in.
 
Did all the people who got IIs get the email on 7/9 saying they were under review? I got the email but nana on my end (tho It looks like the most of you have higher than avg stats and mines just avg for them).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says im in review but with no LORs but the check is there. Idk. PS I saw mix cracker last weekend. She served depressed house-mom realness
Mine is exactly the same check, in review but when I click doc details it says no letters
and she def is in her head ugh poor lady
Just saw Asia and she did money bag and was gagged lol
 
Everyone getting interviews and I'm still sitting here waiting for a secondary...
Did I hear you right that EVERYONE is getting interviews this early into the cycle? Like, that is the norm and submitting secondaries now is the anomaly?!