2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did I hear you right that EVERYONE is getting interviews this early into the cycle? Like, that is the norm and submitting secondaries now is the anomaly?!
It seems like the norm for this school. From previous cycles, close to 90% of the II are given out by early september

Members don't see this ad.

I had the green check for several days after I submitted, and then on July 10th I got an e-mail saying I was complete and under review. I believe the first batch to be complete happened on July 9th so they were in the first group of interviews. I'm guessing even if everything is in, you're not complete at Tulane until they send you an e-mail mentioning it.

I had the green check for several days after I submitted, and then on July 10th I got an e-mail saying I was complete and under review. I believe the first batch to be complete happened on July 9th so they were in the first group of interviews. I'm guessing even if everything is in, you're not complete at Tulane until they send you an e-mail mentioning it.
Interesting. I got my green check the same day as the email. I think they happened almost simultaneously as I had checked and had no green check a few hours before.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who received an interview invite, when are the earliest and latest dates offered in your email to interview?

Hmm, I submitted 7/5 and still havent been reviewed? Any thoughts?

Also, I have a green check mark on my LORs but when I click the document status, it says letters not received. anyone else having this issue?

Hmm, I submitted 7/5 and still havent been reviewed? Any thoughts?

Also, I have a green check mark on my LORs but when I click the document status, it says letters not received. anyone else having this issue?

Following because I’m having the same problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For everyone asking, I called and they said that if you have a green check by LORs, you are good. They said they were having a glitch so the documents aren't showing up. Not really sure about the progress thing though because I am still considered in progress, as well and submitted 7/6.

Reactions: 1 users
With the lack of review status or LORs?

With both. I have the red exclamation point and ‘In Progress’ status. Also no LOR received even though I have them all in AMCAS

me too, I submitted the secondary and paid the fee on 7/7. I have green check marks by everything and then the red exclamation point that says "in progress" and that my letters haven't been submitted when they are in AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
me too, I submitted the secondary and paid the fee on 7/7. I have green check marks by everything and then the red exclamation point that says "in progress" and that my letters haven't been submitted when they are in AMCAS.

Does "in progress" mean the same thing as "under review"? I have green checks by everything else too. Has anyone contacted admissions about what this means?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can write my diversity essay? What I mean is for what I have been using on other schools I take the time to explain how it affected my upbringing, but with only 60 words I feel I can only write "I am x, y, and z; I grew because of..."

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can write my diversity essay? What I mean is for what I have been using on other schools I take the time to explain how it affected my upbringing, but with only 60 words I feel I can only write "I am x, y, and z; I grew because of..."
I literally just wrote one long sentence.

'As a blah, I've faced blahblah, xyz, abc which affected me lalala '

I didn't mention how I grew from it or anything though

I did " I belong to X group and Y group. These are why I have the motivation to help these groups"

I submitted before 7/9 and got the complete email but I still have a red exclamation next to the "In Progress" icon. Does that mean I got silent rejected?

I submitted before 7/9 and got the complete email but I still have a red exclamation next to the "In Progress" icon. Does that mean I got silent rejected?

I think it just means they haven’t gotten to your application and assigned an admissions counselor yet

Has anybody gotten an interview invite without their minimum LoRs in?

That awkward moment when you had no formal leadership in college and it comes up on a secondary. What do you guys recommend? Stretch experiences like tutoring, or just an honest "I don't have any"

That awkward moment when you had no formal leadership in college and it comes up on a secondary. What do you guys recommend? Stretch experiences like tutoring, or just an honest "I don't have any"

This is just my opinion but there is a way you can tackle this without looking like ur severely lacking in leadership. Don't just list out informal experiences cause thats not what the question is asking but I would start with like "Although I have not had any formal leadership positions, I have been involved in leadership informally in many organizations/etc" and then go into your informal leadership.

Tulane is one of my top schools, and I'm freaking out because people already have interviews when they haven't even sent me a secondary! Why could this be? I applied last year and wasn't accepted...could they be part of it? Maybe they black listed me...I even have my secondary questions all written and ready to go! Someone help! lol

anyone submitted 7/6 and still have a red exclamation next to "in progress"?

Reactions: 3 users
Any idea how long it takes to get a secondary after verification? I was verified Friday and have yet to get one. Also, congrats to those with the II's!

Man my primary isn’t even verified yet. At this rate, if I hope to submit my secondary here by like July 30, will it be too late?!

FYI, it says CASPer is encouraged, but is not required. What sucks is that I don't know if I did well on CASPer. The question now is, to send or not to send...

Under review email received! Submitted 7/6

FYI, it says CASPer is encouraged, but is not required. What sucks is that I don't know if I did well on CASPer. The question now is, to send or not to send...
I didn't. If it's not required why potentially shoot yourself in the foot by adding another uncertainty into the mix

Reactions: 2 users
Wait so it's not required? Does anybody know if not sending my score to Tulane would harm my chances of getting in? Or is there anyone who got in without taking the CASPer?

I didn't. If it's not required why potentially shoot yourself in the foot by adding another uncertainty into the mix
Right, but then they
Wait so it's not required? Does anybody know if not sending my score to Tulane would harm my chances of getting in? Or is there anyone who got in without taking the CASPer?
from their website :”Applications will be reviewed chronologically with or without CASPer. The information CASPer provides will be of additional benefit to the Admissions Committee when reviewing applications”

Right, but then they

from their website :”Applications will be reviewed chronologically with or without CASPer. The information CASPer provides will be of additional benefit to the Admissions Committee when reviewing applications”
I wonder how many people submitted on the first day and will hear back soon

If Casper is "encouraged" then they probably won't consider it in making a decision. Only for gauging its relevance and whether Casper would have affected their decisions, in retrospect.

Right, but then they

I'm sure there's a silent " will be of additional benefit or detriment to the Admissions Committee" there. Ultimately it's up to you. If you think you did great, send it. If not then don't

Reactions: 1 users
RE: Casper relevance

Someone on reddit said this (I can't post links apparently). Take it as you want. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The dean I talked too made it seem like at her school they were not going to actually use the score for the first few years. She said that they were making everyone take it, and then compare their offered acceptances to how those offers would have changed were the CASPer score included.

RE: Casper relevance

Someone on reddit said this (I can't post links apparently). Take it as you want. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The dean I talked too made it seem like at her school they were not going to actually use the score for the first few years. She said that they were making everyone take it, and then compare their offered acceptances to how those offers would have changed were the CASPer score included.
Was this for Tulane specifically? Tulane says they're encouraging applicants to take it to assist with our selection process which to me clearly indicates that it's not just to compare accepted students' scores like I think that post was talking about

Was this for Tulane specifically? Tulane says they're encouraging applicants to take it to assist with our selection process which to me clearly indicates that it's not just to compare accepted students' scores like I think that post was talking about

They didn't mention the school. To me, it made sense as a general policy. I can't imagine a school actually rejecting/accepting based on a new personality test. My conspiracy theory is that all those schools requiring it are partnered with Casper to evaluate its effectiveness.

They didn't mention the school. To me, it made sense as a general policy. I can't imagine a school actually rejecting/accepting based on a new personality test. My conspiracy theory is that all those schools requiring it are partnered with Casper to evaluate its effectiveness.
I agree, for most schools it probably is just a way to figure out how they're gonna use it later on but for this school, they specifically mention that it's going to be used in admission which may or may not help you.

That sounds like what University of Washington is doing, according to their website.

Has anybody received II this week? Do they offer interviews weekly?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also just got my interview! I am ED and submitted my secondary on 7/6.
Edit: I did not do the CASPER.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users