2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FWIW I am in the group and there’s a substantial amount of current students in it. I don’t know exact numbers but can say there’s easily 40+ current students going off the number of individuals that were directly added to the page by admins. Actual number is probably more including people who asked to join on their own. Take that with a grain of salt though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Guys pretty much every med school over accepts by a pretty large margin. I wouldn't be surprised if Tulane accepts around 2x their actual class size

Reactions: 1 users
From looking at the group I'd say theres ~10-15 current students in there, but I am sure there are people who will not ultimately attend Tulane.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone with time on their hands should take one for the team and figure out how many are actually current students lol

based on how many i'm friends with and names i recognize i think there's about 50 to 60 T1/2's and some T3's in the group rn

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I have a hunch that Tulane dished out a lot more chance-acceptances to tippy top applicants this time. Let’s be patient and see what happens in April and May.

I was wondering how many here were accepted to Tulane after applying during the first year of Tulane SMP (MS pharmacology). If you were one of them or know anyone from your class who was accepted during the year of program please share. I am thinking of applying to this program but don't want to wait another year to apply.

Guys pretty much every med school over accepts by a pretty large margin. I wouldn't be surprised if Tulane accepts around 2x their actual class size
My faculty interviewer said that Tulane accepts about 400 students... I was a bit confused by this, but does go along with what you are saying!

My faculty interviewer said that Tulane accepts about 400 students... I was a bit confused by this, but does go along with what you are saying!
My faculty interviewer said this as well

Does anyone know if more decisions will come out this afternoon?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering how many here were accepted to Tulane after applying during the first year of Tulane SMP (MS pharmacology). If you were one of them or know anyone from your class who was accepted during the year of program please share. I am thinking of applying to this program but don't want to wait another year to apply.
No one from SMP ?

No one from SMP ?

I did an SMP at Tulane (Physiology) last year and was accepted in January. A handful of us got into Tulane and about 80% acceptance to other schools. The other programs like biochem and pharm have strong acceptance rates to Tulane.

About 10 people were added to the Facebook group today.

If I were to send a letter of intent, would it be better to send it to Dr. Kahn, Dr. Morris, or upload it to the portal? And should I mention I have two DO acceptances? I know DO might not matter, but Tulane is definitely my number one choice and I want to show that. Thanks!

If I were to send a letter of intent, would it be better to send it to Dr. Kahn, Dr. Morris, or upload it to the portal? And should I mention I have two DO acceptances? I know DO might not matter, but Tulane is definitely my number one choice and I want to show that. Thanks!

I wouldn't mention the DO acceptances. And you should upload to portal.

When would be too late to send an LOI if we're still on acceptance range? Does Tulane stop interviewing soon?

Pretty sure they are done interviewing. They have a very early cycle.
If it’s your first choice and you’re on the waitlist I think you should send a letter of intent.

Pretty sure they are done interviewing. They have a very early cycle.
If it’s your first choice and you’re on the waitlist I think you should send a letter of intent.

I myself am still not done interviewing haha. I’m on quite a few WL’s, and I have some preferences for some over others, but I also want to maximize my chances at getting off 1 of them.

In that case a letter of interest would be more appropriate (not sure if that’s what you meant by LOI...)

Don't mention the DO, if you talked with either one, send one to them (especially Dr. Morris); if not, upload onto the portal.

Letter of interest has almost no weight anywhere.

Well then in my opinion if you’re going to send a letter of intent, then you should be committed to going there if accepted. Otherwise it’s just as worthless as a letter of interest.

Well then in my opinion if you’re going to send a letter of intent, then you should be committed to going there if accepted. Otherwise it’s just as worthless as a letter of interest.
Of course. I specified that choosing 1 school to send it to is tough

Understood. It’s very difficult to decide on one place if you have multiple waitlists. Best of luck to you whatever you decide!

I gave up my spot on the wait list. I sincerely hope this somehow helps those waiting on acceptance - good luck everyone, keep up the spirits

Reactions: 8 users
Would you send one to Dr. Morris and upload it to the portal?
Yes, I personally would, since Dr. Morris was my interviewer. But if you didn't talk to Dr. Morris during the interview, I wouldn't send it to her (just put one in the portal).

Today is 4 weeks after my interview. Did you guys actually hear back in the 3-4 time period they said? Or did it take longer for some of you?

Today is 4 weeks after my interview. Did you guys actually hear back in the 3-4 time period they said? Or did it take longer for some of you?

I heard at like the 4 or 5 week mark if I remember correctly.

to those accepted- has anyone gotten finaid yet? I haven't heard anything since getting the e-mail about the gibson portal a couple months back...

to those accepted- has anyone gotten finaid yet? I haven't heard anything since getting the e-mail about the gibson portal a couple months back...
I know one admitted person who received a scholarship last week. I haven't heard anything personally, but I did find their financial aid checklist and completed whatever was on there.

I heard about 2 months later and was accepted. Sit tight/ don't lose hope it may be a bit longer.

I know one admitted person who received a scholarship last week. I haven't heard anything personally, but I did find their financial aid checklist and completed whatever was on there.
Where is the checklist?

Last year it was $63k, lots of folks withdrew, and acceptance range still moved very minimally, so don’t get hopes up just yet