2018-2019 Tulane University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FWIW I am in the group and there’s a substantial amount of current students in it. I don’t know exact numbers but can say there’s easily 40+ current students going off the number of individuals that were directly added to the page by admins. Actual number is probably more including people who asked to join on their own. Take that with a grain of salt though!
 
From looking at the group I'd say theres ~10-15 current students in there, but I am sure there are people who will not ultimately attend Tulane.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone with time on their hands should take one for the team and figure out how many are actually current students lol

based on how many i'm friends with and names i recognize i think there's about 50 to 60 T1/2's and some T3's in the group rn
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hunch that Tulane dished out a lot more chance-acceptances to tippy top applicants this time. Let’s be patient and see what happens in April and May.
 
I was wondering how many here were accepted to Tulane after applying during the first year of Tulane SMP (MS pharmacology). If you were one of them or know anyone from your class who was accepted during the year of program please share. I am thinking of applying to this program but don't want to wait another year to apply.
 
Guys pretty much every med school over accepts by a pretty large margin. I wouldn't be surprised if Tulane accepts around 2x their actual class size
My faculty interviewer said that Tulane accepts about 400 students... I was a bit confused by this, but does go along with what you are saying!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering how many here were accepted to Tulane after applying during the first year of Tulane SMP (MS pharmacology). If you were one of them or know anyone from your class who was accepted during the year of program please share. I am thinking of applying to this program but don't want to wait another year to apply.
No one from SMP ?
 
If I were to send a letter of intent, would it be better to send it to Dr. Kahn, Dr. Morris, or upload it to the portal? And should I mention I have two DO acceptances? I know DO might not matter, but Tulane is definitely my number one choice and I want to show that. Thanks!
 
If I were to send a letter of intent, would it be better to send it to Dr. Kahn, Dr. Morris, or upload it to the portal? And should I mention I have two DO acceptances? I know DO might not matter, but Tulane is definitely my number one choice and I want to show that. Thanks!

I wouldn't mention the DO acceptances. And you should upload to portal.
 
Pretty sure they are done interviewing. They have a very early cycle.
If it’s your first choice and you’re on the waitlist I think you should send a letter of intent.
 
Pretty sure they are done interviewing. They have a very early cycle.
If it’s your first choice and you’re on the waitlist I think you should send a letter of intent.

I myself am still not done interviewing haha. I’m on quite a few WL’s, and I have some preferences for some over others, but I also want to maximize my chances at getting off 1 of them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were to send a letter of intent, would it be better to send it to Dr. Kahn, Dr. Morris, or upload it to the portal? And should I mention I have two DO acceptances? I know DO might not matter, but Tulane is definitely my number one choice and I want to show that. Thanks!
Don't mention the DO, if you talked with either one, send one to them (especially Dr. Morris); if not, upload onto the portal.
 
Understood. It’s very difficult to decide on one place if you have multiple waitlists. Best of luck to you whatever you decide!
 
Today is 4 weeks after my interview. Did you guys actually hear back in the 3-4 time period they said? Or did it take longer for some of you?
 
to those accepted- has anyone gotten finaid yet? I haven't heard anything since getting the e-mail about the gibson portal a couple months back...
 
to those accepted- has anyone gotten finaid yet? I haven't heard anything since getting the e-mail about the gibson portal a couple months back...
I know one admitted person who received a scholarship last week. I haven't heard anything personally, but I did find their financial aid checklist and completed whatever was on there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad