Dec 30, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Oct 16, 2018
Last year it was $63k, lots of folks withdrew, and acceptance range still moved very minimally, so don’t get hopes up just yet

Reactions: dapperdoc
May 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know the email of the person specifically in charge of the medical school’s financial aid office? Can’t seem to find a specific person

medschoolzombie

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2016
IMO I don't think its fair to count OOS tuition at public schools in that
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/the-short-list-grad-school/articles/most-expensive-private-medical-schools

Fair enough. It’s still not in the top 10 either. I think tulane has an average tuition rate when you compare it to a lot of other private schools. IMO High tuition rates are really a problem due to how easily people can get loans these days that are backed by the government. Unfortunetly I don’t see them ever going down. One of the other schools I interviewed at said that we should expect around a 3% increase in tuition and fees every year

Reactions: ZukosRedemption
Dec 30, 2017
Status
Does anyone know the email of the person specifically in charge of the medical school’s financial aid office? Can’t seem to find a specific person
Did you try calling the financial aid office?

Oct 16, 2018
Here come the final interviewee decisions. Good luck everyone, and don’t be surprised by a WL (like we all were)

Dec 30, 2017
Status
Facebook page up to 304 members now. Hoping there will still be a spot for me.
Just fyi, there are a lot of members that are current TUSOM students in there (I would say around 50-100), so you guys still have a good chance - don't give up hope!

Jun 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Tulane rejected people off the waitlist last year on March 23rd because there was too many applicants who didn't stand a chance and they wanted them to be able to move on and make plans. Maybe no rejection yet this year means something good for us. I know I'm looking into things way too much, but hey, it keeps me away from the doom and gloom.

Oct 16, 2018
Tulane rejected people off the waitlist last year on March 23rd because there was too many applicants who didn't stand a chance and they wanted them to be able to move on and make plans. Maybe no rejection yet this year means something good for us. I know I'm looking into things way too much, but hey, it keeps me away from the doom and gloom.
My man, every school I talked to said they’re either seeing their WL in mid April (Tulane) or late April. No school is going to reject off the waitlist this early. They want to keep nice and big WL’s that they’re about to use heavily this year with the traffic rule changes. I bet Tulane won’t reject anyone off the WL until July or so.

Dec 30, 2017
Status
Tulane has turned into my last hope, at least for MD. Still was my first choice but now my only choice. Here's to this next month.
I wish you the best of luck man! Hope it works out for you.

Reactions: dapperdoc

Ama4

ToFreedom
Mar 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Can someone please answer this.
  • How's the curriculum
  1. Is it P/F
  2. Traditional 2+2
  3. PBL or lecture?
  4. Mandatory classes, recorded lecture, both?
  • What's the class size
  • How are clinical rotations?
  • Is the school laid back or more intense?

Trying to compile my pros and cons between schools. Thanks

Reactions: AspiringDoc169
Jan 9, 2019
How many waitlist hopefuls are still with me?
hey , wishing you all the best when it comes to Tulane! I heard from a friend that attends Tulane and was accepted off the waitlist that they release decisions right after the April 30th deadline. She was accepted off the waitlist May 1st a few years back. I wouldn't expect to see any movement from the waitlist until then.

Sep 4, 2018
hey are we unable to upload updates to the portal now? I wanted to send one today and can't find a space in the portal to do so.

EDIT: NEVER MIND lol I'm just fried in the brain tbh

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018
Can someone please answer this.
  • How's the curriculum

1. Is it P/F
  2. Traditional 2+2
  3. PBL or lecture?
  4. Mandatory classes, recorded lecture, both?

• What's the class size
  • How are clinical rotations?
  • Is the school laid back or more intense?
Trying to compile my pros and cons between schools. Thanks
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Lecture, with some PBL
4. Pretty much all recorded lecture except for anatomy and a few random lectures here and there. Large portion do not ever attend class.
5. ~190
6. They have something called 'the donut' for clinical rotations. If you google tulane donut or look in their student handbook it explains it completely.
7. Most of my friends there are pretty laid back and that is my impression of the school as a whole as well. I'm sure there are exceptions. I am not yet a current student, so I may have a biased view

Reactions: AspiringDoc169
Dec 10, 2018
hey , wishing you all the best when it comes to Tulane! I heard from a friend that attends Tulane and was accepted off the waitlist that they release decisions right after the April 30th deadline. She was accepted off the waitlist May 1st a few years back. I wouldn't expect to see any movement from the waitlist until then.
I am also on the waitlist. hoping for the best!