You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Tulane University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The latter, probably. I think they're just slow downloading the letters. I don't think AMCAS really transmits/distributes them, the onus is on the individual schools to initiate downloading them.I submitted on the 12th but it says my letters were received last night...Is that normal? It took almost 2 weeks for AMCAS to transmit them or 2 weeks for Tulane to mark them as received?
For reference I submitted 7/6, letters didn't get uploaded till 7/21 and I just got complete email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete on the 11th and I'm not under review either 🙁The latter, probably. I think they're just slow downloading the letters. I don't think AMCAS really transmits/distributes them, the onus is on the individual schools to initiate downloading them.
FINALLY got the under review email- submitted 7/6
It was the same email - "complete and under review"Are y'all getting one email for complete and under review or are you receiving two separate emails?
for those who submitted their secondary, did you guy use a professional photo of yourself (similarly to linkedin)?
I have a photo of me but it's not professional (as in no white background with professional clothing)
it's just a pic of me when I was traveling.
I have a photo of me but it's not professional (as in no white background with professional clothing)
it's just a pic of me when I was traveling.
what if it's my graduation photo hahaHey! I don't think there is a hard and fast rule, however if you have one in business attire, I would go with that to play it safe!
D
deleted938835
I think so. The email said, "We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review."Complete as well on 7/8?
When i scheduled my interview they had interview dates from September-February if I remember correctly. A few dates in September were already gone thoughWhere is Tulane at as far as interview dates?
I envy you. Submitted same day.FINALLY got the under review email- submitted 7/6
Has anybody been under review for a while and nada? I got the complete and under review email on 7/9 and silence since
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been under review since 07/18 with no response yetHas anybody been under review for a while and nada? I got the complete and under review email on 7/9 and silence since
+1 but I'm not stressed we have until Feb/MarchHas anybody been under review for a while and nada? I got the complete and under review email on 7/9 and silence since
I was only slightly concerned just because I thought they said they review in order but with how things have been messing up everywhere this cycle, Ibwouodnr be surprised if they had something mess up.+1 but I'm not stressed we have until Feb/March
Submitted my application 1 week ago but my committee letter was just uploaded today. Am I screwed? It looks like II will dry out by the end of August at this rate.
Submitted 7/8, then under review 7/20, and then II today. For stats, my Lizzy M is 79 but its unbalanced towards MCATWhen did both of you guys submit your secondary?
I submitted July 8th and still haven't been put under review. Did you guys get a complete email? My portal has been looking like this for a couple of weeks but I never received any sort of complete email or anything. Does this mean my app is ready for review?
Attachments
I submitted July 8th and still haven't been put under review. Did you guys get a complete email? My portal has been looking like this for a couple of weeks but I never received any sort of complete email or anything. Does this mean my app is ready for review?
Yup you're ready for review. Just need to wait for someone to pick it up I'm guessing, there's lots of people in your position so I wouldn't sweat it
7
700458
I suppose I should be taking it as a bad sign that I've been under review for two weeks without a peep 🙁 Is there anyone else in the same boat? Strange because I'm within the 10-90% for GPA and well above the median MCAT, and it seems like a perfect mission fit.
Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I should be taking it as a bad sign that I've been under review for two weeks without a peep 🙁 Is there anyone else in the same boat?
+1 almost 2 weeks
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just got an II!
When were you marked complete?just got an II!
When were you marked complete?
I was complete 7/11 but didn’t go under review until 7/23
PentuPenguin
PerryThePlatypus
just got an II!
Congrats!! Wow that was fast for you after being marked under review 🙂
Congrats!! Wow that was fast for you after being marked under review 🙂
Thanks so much! I think there was someone else in the posts who got an II pretty soon after being marked too so I bet they’re catching up on reviewing apps
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WerbenJaegerman
Full Member
that's how mine is too.I submitted July 8th and still haven't been put under review. Did you guys get a complete email? My portal has been looking like this for a couple of weeks but I never received any sort of complete email or anything. Does this mean my app is ready for review?
Just went under review. Marked complete 7/6
+1. Complete 7/6 as well.Just went under review. Marked complete 7/6
did you get a complete email on 7/6 then a review email today?+1. Complete 7/6 as well.
No. Secondary received and submitted on 7/6 and then review email today. Didn’t get a complete email, my portal just showed that I was.did you get a complete email on 7/6 then a review email today?
Do you guys thinking it is too late to submit secondary on 08/03?
Yeah, thats what I got.did you get a complete email on 7/6 then a review email today?
PentuPenguin
PerryThePlatypus
II received yesterday!!! Complete 7/17, under review 7/24. Stats: 515/3.8
Well I guess I got passed :'( I was complete 7/13 and under review the afternoon of 7/24 - but congrats to you 🙂 !
its ok! don't give up! it is still SO EARLY!complete 7/12 and still waiting 🙁
(yeah, I keep telling myself the same thing)
For those of you that got interviews, what dates were available?
All I saw was October 23 and 25. I didn't look past October thoughFor those of you that got interviews, what dates were available?
All I saw was October 23 and 25. I didn't look past October though
Wow thats a lot later than I thought (even after taking into account the fact that Tulane hands out interviews earlier than majority of schools!). I don't think they have an official tracker or anything but I wonder what percentage of interviews have already been handed out?
I am going to guess roughly 20-30% have already been sent out. Anybody have any better ideas or more educated guesses?
(And yet another reason to add more hate on my UG committee and their incredibly slow process).
im also JUST waiting on this stupid commitee letter, all my secondaries are in yet this stupid commitee is holding my application review up. when did they say yours would be inWow thats a lot later than I thought (even after taking into account the fact that Tulane hands out interviews earlier than majority of schools!). I don't think they have an official tracker or anything but I wonder what percentage of interviews have already been handed out?
I am going to guess roughly 20-30% have already been sent out. Anybody have any better ideas or more educated guesses?
(And yet another reason to add more hate on my UG committee and their incredibly slow process).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im also JUST waiting on this stupid commitee letter, all my secondaries are in yet this stupid commitee is holding my application review up. when did they say yours would be in
Lol I am in the same boat. Roughly 90% of my secondaries are in (some starting the first day in July!) but its all a moot point because my committee is taking forever. My committee doesn't give an estimate to anyone. They simply say "July to Late August."
Unfortunately the difference between the two ends of that timeline can be the difference between an interview and no interview at many schools!
wow... this is so messed up.... you can do everything perfect, but because of your school delaying committee letter, you can be pushed backLol I am in the same boat. Roughly 90% of my secondaries are in (some starting the first day in July!) but its all a moot point because my committee is taking forever. My committee doesn't give an estimate to anyone. They simply say "July to Late August."
Unfortunately the difference between the two ends of that timeline can be the difference between an interview and no interview at many schools!
yup same here, ive been up their butts recently so mine should be in soon but you never know with these committees... if you havent already i would start to nudge them a little.Lol I am in the same boat. Roughly 90% of my secondaries are in (some starting the first day in July!) but its all a moot point because my committee is taking forever. My committee doesn't give an estimate to anyone. They simply say "July to Late August."
Unfortunately the difference between the two ends of that timeline can be the difference between an interview and no interview at many schools!
wow... this is so messed up.... you can do everything perfect, but because of your school delaying committee letter, you can be pushed back
Exactly! And nobody knows how they truly stratify applicants when deciding who they write first. Some seem to think its based on stats and letters of recommendation that they request while others think its randomized.
Exactly! And nobody knows how they truly stratify applicants when deciding who they write first. Some seem to think its based on stats and letters of recommendation that they request while others think its randomized.
I guess I am SO LUCKY that my school doesn't do committee letters...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K