2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how did you guys answer the leadership and hobbies questions? i put them in paragraph format explaining the activities. for my hobbies one, i only focused on one thing. is this okay or should it be more like a list of multiple things? i chose my most meaningful hobby that takes up a lot of my time

I listed them and got II. Being succinct is the key

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what percentage of interviewed students are accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
how did you guys answer the leadership and hobbies questions? i put them in paragraph format explaining the activities. for my hobbies one, i only focused on one thing. is this okay or should it be more like a list of multiple things? i chose my most meaningful hobby that takes up a lot of my time
I wrote paragraphs and got an II. I mentioned three hobbies and gave a quick description.

I just listed them with my roles and duration for each activity!

I didn't list anything for the leadership question and I got an II a few days ago

Reactions: 1 users
Apparently submitting early doesn't help too much :(
Too early to say, it is still July and there are months to go. Be confident. Plus, most people posted on SDN are ones who got II, you just don't see the rest. Your time will come buddy.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's a green check on my Letters, but no letters show up on the system (I got the AMCAS email on the 13th). Likewise no green check on the "in progress" part. Is this normal?

There's a green check on my Letters, but no letters show up on the system (I got the AMCAS email on the 13th). Likewise no green check on the "in progress" part. Is this normal?
Yeah, that's what I have and I submitted around 07/11

I submitted 7/6 and I finally got the “under review” email and a green checkmark for In Progress!

I actually turned this on the 3rd (oops) but letters were sent to AMCAS on the 13th. Still waiting for the in progress check - they must be doing this based on completion of the entire file. Also do you get an email when the green check appears?

I actually turned this on the 3rd (oops) but letters were sent to AMCAS on the 13th. Still waiting for the in progress check - they must be doing this based on completion of the entire file. Also do you get an email when the green check appears?
yes! you will get one that says you are under review

They say they review files in order. So if we were under review on 7/9 and submitted 7/3, is that a bad sign? Since others who submitted later and were under review later have been getting interviews.

For people who have gone under review and received an II, how long has it typically been between those emails? Has anyone been straight up rejected after the under review email?

They say they review files in order. So if we were under review on 7/9 and submitted 7/3, is that a bad sign? Since others who submitted later and were under review later have been getting interviews.
I think the only way to answer this with certainty would be to speak with someone in admissions. For what it's worth I have the same concern as you, and I noticed during this past wave of IIs on Tuesday there were people recieving IIs who were marked complete on 7/9 up to 7/13, so I wouldn't count us out yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

For people who have gone under review and received an II, how long has it typically been between those emails? Has anyone been straight up rejected after the under review email?
10 days between complete and II

I NEED A REVIEWER

Lol, what I need is MY COMMITTEE LETTER let alone a reviewer.

(As you all can tell, I am at the point where I am hoping that putting stuff in all-caps will make it more likely to happen soon)

Reactions: 3 users
Is the your application is complete email the one that means it's under review? I'm a little confused since I submitted on 7/3 and got a complete email on 7/9 but haven't gotten this under review email.. :/ I'm guessing this just means I'm somewhere in the line of apps?

Is the your application is complete email the one that means it's under review? I'm a little confused since I submitted on 7/3 and got a complete email on 7/9 but haven't gotten this under review email.. :/ I'm guessing this just means I'm somewhere in the line of apps?
the email says "We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review." so I think the review email is the same as the complete email

the email says "We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review." so I think the review email is the same as the complete email

Aaahh rip looks like I was passed on then haha most people on this forum with the same complete date seem to have gotten interviews so we'll just have to wait and see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aaahh rip looks like I was passed on then haha most people on this forum with the same complete date seem to have gotten interviews so we'll just have to wait and see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My complete email didn't say it was under review. I think it has to have the green check next to the In Progress indicator for it to be under review.

I haven't gotten any emails - no complete, no under review, no green mark on in progress, and letters don't show up, although there is a green mark next to it. We just have to be patient! I am sure everything is OK with our files - obviously it would be nice to hear some good news earlier rather than later, but we will get there :)

I haven't gotten any emails - no complete, no under review, no green mark on in progress, and letters don't show up, although there is a green mark next to it. We just have to be patient! I am sure everything is OK with our files - obviously it would be nice to hear some good news earlier rather than later, but we will get there :)

Same boat. My only email was the secondary invite email. Nothing else. Still a red mark & in progress despite green mark on the complete

So if I have a red checkmark next to LORs, even though I had them assigned to Tulane on AMCAS ages ago, is that a problem? Or does it take a while to turn green? I only just received the secondary today.

Finally got the "complete and under review" email! Submitted 7/8

II!! OOS, LM 68. Complete 7/12.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
congrats!!!! when did they start reviewing you?
Thank you!! I sent in my secondary 7/4 and got my "under review" email/green check next to in progress on 7/12. Also on the portal none of my LORs are listed so don't stress if you have that haha

Thank you!! I sent in my secondary 7/4 and got my "under review" email/green check next to in progress on 7/12. Also on the portal none of my LORs are listed so don't stress if you have that haha

Maybe there's still hope for me, then, another person who went under review 7/12! congrats and good luck!!

Maybe there's still hope for me, then, another person who went under review 7/12! congrats and good luck!!
Thank you, best of luck to you as well. As of this morning I was convinced I wasn't getting one so keep the faith!

Interview!!!!!!!!!!! Just as I thought they passed on me hahaha! Also don't stress if they take a long time to look at your app! I was complete like two weeks ago and just heard back! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Interview!!!!!!!!!!! Just as I thought they passed on me hahaha! Also don't stress if they take a long time to look at your app! I was complete like two weeks ago and just heard back! :D

Congrats!!!!!! be proud of this! Hopefully we can get complete soon around here too

Submitted 7/6 and still have the red exclamation mark next to “In Progress.” Seems like I’ve been passed over.