You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Tulane University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted787552
Are chronic conditions considered as part of an ‘under represented’ filed in medicine? I don’t think they are but if you think it makes you diverse go for itIf I have a chronic condition that is likely underrepresented in medicine, should I write about it for the optional diversity essay?
Same boat. Just keep looking forward. Good thing is we haven't been rejected yet so there's that silver lining.Submitted 7/6 and still have the red exclamation mark next to “In Progress.” Seems like I’ve been passed over.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted787552
Do they do early rejections? I thought they just stung everyone along until maySame boat. Just keep looking forward. Good thing is we haven't been rejected yet so there's that silver lining.
PentuPenguin
PerryThePlatypus
My portal is not working right now - it says 500 error page. Anyone else has this problem?
PentuPenguin
PerryThePlatypus
Never mind it works again - must have been soma maintenance, sorry guys
1+My application is marked as complete, but under "document status" it says that no recommendation letters have been submitted- anyone else getting this issue? If that's still there Monday I'll call and ask...
Do yall think there's any point to doing the CASPer after II?
9
936117
what are the chances of getting reviews again even though people completed after me already got interviews? :/
Submitted really early and haven't heard back yet
Submitted really early and haven't heard back yet
Don't stress too much! I submitted on 7/3 and then they hit me up yesterday with an interview offer. The process is pretty crapshoot so try not to over think it!what are the chances of getting reviews again even though people completed after me already got interviews? :/
Submitted really early and haven't heard back yet
9
936117
Don't stress too much! I submitted on 7/3 and then they hit me up yesterday with an interview offer. The process is pretty crapshoot so try not to over think it!
I submitted 7/2 and haven't heard anything. Guess I just have to wait. Congrats on your interview!!!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing what day you got marked complete?Don't stress too much! I submitted on 7/3 and then they hit me up yesterday with an interview offer. The process is pretty crapshoot so try not to over think it!
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
For people who have gone under review and received an II, how long has it typically been between those emails? Has anyone been straight up rejected after the under review email?
7 days between under review and II
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing what day you got marked complete?
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
I got the complete email on 7/10 so still a while after
I submitted 7/2 and haven't heard anything. Guess I just have to wait. Congrats on your interview!!!
Yeahhh I do remember the Dir of Admissions for my alma mater talking about how the time it takes also depends on who happened to look at your application! Don't stress too much it's still super early!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked my PI about this (since he used to be an adcom at my school). He said some people will bust them out ASAP and some will wait til the last possible moment to review stuff. Im still clinging on to the possibility of my reviewer being slow since I was under review on the 9th.Yeahhh I do remember the Dir of Admissions for my alma mater talking about how the time it takes also depends on who happened to look at your application! Don't stress too much it's still super early!
Hey everyone! I have a green checkmark next to "application file complete" but a red exclamation point for "in progress". Does this mean they have everything but I'm not under review yet?
Hey everyone! I have a green checkmark next to "application file complete" but a red exclamation point for "in progress". Does this mean they have everything but I'm not under review yet?
Yup. Welcome to the club
champagnemamasita
Full Member
did anyone turn green today? i submitted 7/10 and am not under review. that red exclamation mark is the most frustrating part of this.
Interview invite this morning
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?Interview invite this morning
did anyone turn green today? i submitted 7/10 and am not under review. that red exclamation mark is the most frustrating part of this.
submitted 7/6 and still red
Samesubmitted 7/6 and still red
I submitted 7/7 and didn’t go under review until 7/18. Haven’t heard anything since then.submitted 7/6 and still red
I submitted 7/11, got the “completed” email the same day, and just got the “under review” email and green checkmark today 7/23.
I submitted 7/7 and didn’t go under review until 7/18. Haven’t heard anything since then.
lol im not even under review yet. Not a single email after the secondary invite. very odd
imdrbrightside
Full Member
I submitted 7/13 and just went under review!
Yeah the portal showed up as being able to schedule an interview. and my LizzyM is 70, DM me if you want specifics por favorCongrats!!! You went under review the day before me I think, I am hoping for some news! Mind sharing if your portal updated when you got the II?
I submitted 7/13 and just went under review!
submitted before this and not under review yet :/
PentuPenguin
PerryThePlatypus
submitted before this and not under review yet :/
I'm also not under review. I submitted the secondary on the 3rd but my com. letter arrived to AMCAS on the 13th. This thing is certainly frustrating - some hypotheses/ideas about what might be going on based on what has been said here (1) It may take a long time to upload letters, (2) applicants may be assigned to different readers who work at different paces, (3) its possible some people are actually under review even if the portal does not reflect this through the green mark next to "in progress" - all in all, I would think that most of us are stressed about this, so don't feel alone! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm also not under review. I submitted the secondary on the 3rd but my com. letter arrived to AMCAS on the 13th. This thing is certainly frustrating - some hypotheses/ideas about what might be going on based on what has been said here (1) It may take a long time to upload letters, (2) applicants may be assigned to different readers who work at different paces, (3) its possible some people are actually under review even if the portal does not reflect this through the green mark next to "in progress" - all in all, I would think that most of us are stressed about this, so don't feel alone! 🙂
ah makes sense. My letters probably came in later.
Yeah the portal showed up as being able to schedule an interview. and my lizzyM is 70, DM me if you want specifics por favor
Do you mind PMing me please!? SDN won’t let me Pm you
submitted July 6 and just got under review email
Submitted 7/9, just got under review email
Is that the email that says you’re complete and under review? Or is there a different one?Submitted 7/9, just got under review email
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.
Hey I'm new to this site but I don't understand why it seems like so many people have gotten the secondaries but haven't posted the questions. I really want to get started on the essays but I don't want to assume they are the same as last year and end up wrong. It's already happened to me with another school.
Thanks!
Post #18 in this thread states that they are the same as last year 🙂Hey I'm new to this site but I don't understand why it seems like so many people have gotten the secondaries but haven't posted the questions. I really want to get started on the essays but I don't want to assume they are the same as last year and end up wrong. It's already happened to me with another school.
Thanks!
great thank you!Post #18 in this thread states that they are the same as last year 🙂
@WedgeDawg @Ismet @Lucca @gyngyn
Would one of you mind changing the OP? Here are the prompts from last year I think:
- “Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in Tulane University School of Medicine” (150 words)
- “List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college” (100 words)
- “Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interests” (150 words)
- “Tulane University School of Medicine values the diversity of its patients, faculty, staff, and students. Do you identify with a particular group that you believe is underrepresented among medical professionals? These include groups oriented around, but not limited to: ethnicity, race, sexuality, religion, and economic background” (60 words)-Optional
If you’ve already graduated from college there is another prompt:
- What have you been pursuing since graduation? (150 words)
II! First one this cycle!!
Congrats!! When did you submit/when were you complete/under review? 🙂II! First one this cycle!!
ONice! Did it come just now?
No, this morning when I was working.
submitted before this and not under review yet :/
Same here :/ as the days go by I feel less and less confident in getting an II
Submitted 7/7 under review 7/17. Had the green check LOR even though the portal said it didn't have my LORs. And it still said my LORs weren't received when I went under review. So I wouldn't worry about the LORs if you have then submitted through AMCASCongrats!! When did you submit/when were you complete/under review? 🙂
D
deleted938835
Just went under review today. Submitted 7/8.
PentuPenguin
PerryThePlatypus
Just went under review today. Submitted 7/8.
Complete as well on 7/8?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
following
PentuPenguin
PerryThePlatypus
I don't think that this is important, but in my portal they marked my letter as received with the author name and all. It went to AMCAS on the 13th, and was marked as received the 23rd in the morning. Still not in progress though - guess they are just really slow with letters and the overall process 🙂
I submitted on the 19th and received the secondary on the 23rd.i submitted my application to tulane on 7/21 and havent received a secondary yet. I know they dont pre-screen but how long do you think i should wait before contacting them in case the email didnt send correctly
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K