2018-2019 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FINALLY got my last LoR in! Of course, now II's will come or not based solely on my file and I can't blame it on being incomplete anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you get your complete email?

No, I haven't. My professor (the LoR) just finished with AMCAS late last night, so I don't know if it will get automatically transmitted to the schools over the weekend or on Monday. I had been emailing Joan from admissions back and forth, and she told me to let them know when it was in. I'll send her a note on Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I haven't. My professor (the LoR) just finished with AMCAS late last night, so I don't know if it will get automatically transmitted to the schools over the weekend or on Monday. I had been emailing Joan from admissions back and forth, and she told me to let them know when it was in. I'll send her a note on Monday.

You can email her today. Sometimes she and Dr. Saguil check their messages on the weekends and will respond.

You can email her today. Sometimes she and Dr. Saguil check their messages on the weekends and will respond.

The more I read about USU, the more it seems like a lot of people really know Dr. Saguil. Are all of these people already involved in the military?

The more I read about USU, the more it seems like a lot of people really know Dr. Saguil. Are all of these people already involved in the military?

Probably. He’s really involved with our SMP, so we’ve interacted with him a lot, and we’re all active duty.

How much is the secondary application here?

Application completed 7/25, but have not heard back about II. If they decided not to grant you an II, do email notify you immediately? I have a feeling I have a good chance at USU, but I feel apprehensive that I hadn't heard back yet when others completed on my date have.

Application completed 7/25, but have not heard back about II. If they decided not to grant you an II, do email notify you immediately? I have a feeling I have a good chance at USU, but I feel apprehensive that I hadn't heard back yet when others completed on my date have.

Be patient. They only interview certain days and select for them as they go. They’ve only filled a few dates so far in Sept it seems, so there’s plenty of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, Just submitted my secondary. Hoping to get an interview. This is my top choice school, so fingers are crossed!

I just wanted to say that this medical school has the best admissions team out of every other school I applied to. I sent an email about a medical question I had and my email got circulated to Jennifer Wilsnack the Commissioning Officer who responded even though she was on leave! I'm certainly impressed and it has definitely bumped up USU on my interest list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to say that this medical school has the best admissions team out of every other school I applied to. I sent an email about a medical question I had and my email got circulated to to Jennifer Wilsnack the Commissioning Officer who responded even though she was on leave! I'm certainly impressed and it has definitely bumped up USU on my interest list.

Yep. They are awesome.

Hello everyone!
I am Active Duty Navy Enlisted and applying to USUHS this year. Has anyone gone through the process of getting the conditional release in the Navy, please help me with information of how to do it. I'm working on it since April and it seems that no one knows how to do it and what exactly I am asking for. Any info will help. Thank you!

Has anyone successfully scheduled their physical through the DODMETS website? I've been having trouble logging in.

Has anyone successfully scheduled their physical through the DODMETS website? I've been having trouble logging in.

I’m having trouble too, you’re not alone!

I’m having trouble too, you’re not alone!

I reached out to the school two days ago. It seems like DODMERB is having some tech issues and we are all experiencing it. If the issue continues, they will shoot an email out to everyone

Trying to fill out the security form, but it won't let me enter my SSN at the bottom of each page. Are we supposed to print out, then fill? Or fill, then print out?

Thanks guys!

Can a current student or someone who just knows a lot about this school please pm me about the different branches. I’m really having a hard time deciding how to rank them and the pros and cons of each branch. Thank you in advance!

Does anyone know when we find out what branch we are placed in? I know this is after an acceptance but is it before classes begin? Thanks!

Can a current student or someone who just knows a lot about this school please pm me about the different branches. I’m really having a hard time deciding how to rank them and the pros and cons of each branch. Thank you in advance!
Put Army as your first choice you will thank me later lol

Has anyone selected for an interview been able to log into DODMETS?

I am having trouble too! I called and the lady told me that something is wrong with the website and that it is happening to everyone... she said we will need to wait it out and if it isn't fixed by our interview dates USUHS has been made aware of the issue!

That is the guidance that we received as well.

Does anyone know when we find out what branch we are placed in? I know this is after an acceptance but is it before classes begin? Thanks!
I found out in my acceptance phone call.

Received an II today for September 27th, super stoked. Does anyone know if they will take a commissioning physical done previously? I am Army Reserves enlisted currently but completed the physical and entire medical portion for HSPS in January of 2018. I really don't want to have to do another complete physical again but obviously will if it comes to it. Wish I had called today but was stuck at work all day :(

Received an II today for September 27th, super stoked. Does anyone know if they will take a commissioning physical done previously? I am Army Reserves enlisted currently but completed the physical and entire medical portion for HSPS in January of 2018. I really don't want to have to do another complete physical again but obviously will if it comes to it. Wish I had called today but was stuck at work all day :(

Nope. It specifically says the HPSP physical will not count. I’ll see you on the 27th though lol.

Thanks, I must have missed that tidbit somewhere. Are you Army? If so are you planning on wearing your ASU?

I’m Navy. Wearing dress blues. After you confirm, you’ll get an email from Ms. Ferrell telling you what to wear (and other stuff). For Army, it says Class As.

Did you do your HPSP physical through meps or dodmerb?
I went to Luke Air Force base for it. Labs, eyes, ears, saw a flight surgeon for the final stamp of approval. I don't know if that was done through DoDMERB but I can probably look. Apparently couldn't go through MEPS since I was already enlisted.

I went to Luke Air Force base for it. Labs, eyes, ears, saw a flight surgeon for the final stamp of approval. I don't know if that was done through DoDMERB but I can probably look. Apparently couldn't go through MEPS since I was already enlisted.

Hmm. I’d email and ask. It says physicals must be done through dodmerb and that meps physicals don’t count so I dunno. Your admissions counselor or Ms. Ferrell can probably give you a definite answer. I’m guessing no, but you should check to be sure. Don’t want to show up without it scheduled if you need to do it again.

Is anyone else still unable to login to dodmets?

Trying to fill out the security form, but it won't let me enter my SSN at the bottom of each page. Are we supposed to print out, then fill? Or fill, then print out?

Thanks guys!
I would not put your SSN on the base access form. You have to call to give you SSN because they specifically say not to email your SSN. I would go with driver's and passport!

Last edited:
Dodmets is back up. Just got an email saying I have access and was able to fill everything out and schedule my appointments.

Thank youuuu. I've been stressing about having this done by next week.

They said flat out that not having it scheduled before your interview would not affect your processing due to the dodmets site being down.

Oh I know, but its one less thing to worry about if it is already done

If anyone has access to the Navy Lodge you can book a room there if not doing the Host Program or pending. Rates I saw were $87.00 a night and it looks like it is a 2-3 minute walk to the campus. Free cancellation up until day of check-in at 1800.

If anyone has access to the Navy Lodge you can book a room there if not doing the Host Program or pending. Rates I saw were $87.00 a night and it looks like it is a 2-3 minute walk to the campus. Free cancellation up until day of check-in at 1800.

It’s a very short walk, and you can use the parking lot there all day so you can leave your car there even after you check out.

How “informal” is informal for the dinner on the 12th? I was thinking jeans, but I will be pretty embarrassed if I look like a bum compared to everyone else.

How “informal” is informal for the dinner on the 12th? I was thinking jeans, but I will be pretty embarrassed if I look like a bum compared to everyone else.

I'm probably wearing dockers and a polo, but my friend said last year there were plenty of people in jeans. No faculty are present, just students and applicants. He said it was at a bar.

I'm probably wearing dockers and a polo, but my friend said last year there were plenty of people in jeans. No faculty are present, just students and applicants. He said it was at a bar.

Jeans it is, thanks!