2020-2021 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was hoping today would be the big day šŸ„ŗ keep those fingers and toes crossed waitlisters!
You know @pdiddy18, I really thought so too... Hope is still alive though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I addressed mine to Mrs. Stearman since she signed my waitlist letter.
I'm not sure who signed my letter. I emailed my admissions counselor and she said to address it to the admissions committee. Does that sound right?

Members don't see this ad :)
At least for the Navy, you donā€™t sign up for anything. They give you orders. Pretty sure army and af are the same.

I was told that the June DCC is filling up and most of us now will be going to July which means missing a little bit of orientation at USUHS.

I'm not sure who signed my letter. I emailed my admissions counselor and she said to address it to the admissions committee. Does that sound right?
Ya! Definitely do whatever she said! I didnā€™t ask so hopefully they donā€™t care too much.

Does USUHS have a specific commit to enroll date? I tried looking, but 9/10 links to their website are broken.

Does USUHS have a specific commit to enroll date? I tried looking, but 9/10 links to their website are broken.

I thought for USUHS after April 30th if you don't commit then no guarantees because they start moving to waitlist? This is weird because do people coming off the waitlist need to commit immediately? I don't see the option on my CYMS tool yet (USUHS doesn't show up yet).

Reactions: 1 user
If you are using links from another site they may not work anymore. We just got a brand new site.

Medschool, Admissions

Typically you have 2 weeks after being accepted to commit to enroll. When I applied, we were allowed to plan to enroll until like June or something because of the military commitment. But if you want to go here, not sure why youā€™d wait.

I thought for USUHS after April 30th if you don't commit then no guarantees because they start moving to waitlist? This is weird because do people coming off the waitlist need to commit immediately? I don't see the option on my CYMS tool yet (USUHS doesn't show up yet).

No, you have like 2 weeks or something. And you canā€™t commit until your unconditional acceptance comes. Usually takes a couple days to show up.

If you are using links from another site they may not work anymore. We just got a brand new site.

Medschool, Admissions

Typically you have 2 weeks after being accepted to commit to enroll. When I applied, we were allowed to plan to enroll until like June or something because of the military commitment. But if you want to go here, not sure why youā€™d wait.
Id like to go here, but I am still debating HPSP at a school that I am on the waitlist for.

I've received my unconditional and I have not received communication on when exactly I needed to commit fully.

i do hope its not the 2 week thing because I got everything well over 2 weeks ago and just withdrew my acceptances this week.

Last edited:
Id like to go here, but I am still debating HPSP at a school that I am on the waitlist for.

I've received my unconditional and I have not received communication on when exactly I needed to commit fully.

i do hope its not the 2 week thing because I got everything well over 2 weeks ago and just withdrew my acceptances this week.

Hmm... maybe ask for clarification? They updated the whole USUHS website so it's hard to find the old information that specifies all of this stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
So for people that are accepted, do they just wait for an email with their orders about when their officer training is?

I got an email verifying enrollment in DCC about 1.5 weeks before I got my official orders

Hoping to see a ton of waitlist movement starting this week! Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
@Vairo @jonniboi
You both have some type of magic brewing...I got the call for Navy just now!

Thank you for the luck, clearly it did the extra push. Who needs it next? First come first serve!:rofl:

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got the call from Dr. Liotta for my A. He didn't mention the service but I'm fairly certain it's Air Force since I'm prior service and it was my number one.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congratulations to all of you people hearing back about Acceptances! Super glad to see that the waitlist is moving, definitely praying to hear something myself and for other people on the forum here soon!

I would love some blessings to speed an A up šŸ˜‚

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Whole squad rn:

dragon energy GIF

also, anyone know how many people are typically on the Army waitlist?

Whole squad rn:

dragon energy GIF

also, anyone know how many people are typically on the Army waitlist?
Or how many are on the primary waitlist overall? It doesnā€™t seem like there is even an alternate list that everyone spoke about earlier in the cycle lol. Havenā€™t heard anyone say anything about it

congratulations to everyone coming off the waitlist!!!! I submitted my letter of intent so I'm praying for that A this week too!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello- I'm really interested in applying to USU next year. I was wondering though, if anyone knows how it works if you have a history of asthma, but no current symptoms. I heard that you're still able to apply with a sign-off from a doctor. Is this true?

Hello- I'm really interested in applying to USU next year. I was wondering though, if anyone knows how it works if you have a history of asthma, but no current symptoms. I heard that you're still able to apply with a sign-off from a doctor. Is this true?

You'll need to get a waiver (work with DODMERB & your physician on what requirements will be necessary for you)

Accepted yesterday! Navy!!! Iā€™m so excited!!!

How long did you all have to wait before receiving anything by email? I still havenā€™t received anything since being called yesterday.

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted yesterday! Navy!!! Iā€™m so excited!!!

How long did you all have to wait before receiving anything by email? I still havenā€™t received anything since being called yesterday.
Congratulations!!!
I haven't received an email yet either by the way...which prompted my dad this morning to ask "Is there a chance it was a prank call from a friend?"

Not the intrusive thought I needed here :rofl:

Update: I received my conditional acceptance papers at noon. Not a prank.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Huh? I thought the primary waitlist was the main wait list they pulled from.
I think people are talking about waitlist versus alternate. I think waitlist means you would be accepted if they had a spot and they go through that before moving to the alternate list. Someone please correct me if Iā€™m wrong!

What is it like after you graduate? Is it different depending on the branch you choose? Do all require you to go on deployment and travel?

Primary waitlist=alternate list

This is incorrect. There is a primary waitlist where you have been recommended for acceptance but there is not an available seat. The alternate list is more like the traditional waitlist at other schools. And they have to go through the whole primary before going to the alternate.

Reactions: 1 users
Historically, how much movement has actually happened in this timeframe after April 30? I'm optimistic but also trying to manage expectations and figure out arrangements for this fall

This is incorrect. There is a primary waitlist where you have been recommended for acceptance but there is not an available seat. The alternate list is more like the traditional waitlist at other schools. And they have to go through the whole primary before going to the alternate.
Thanks. Editing previous post

Historically, how much movement has actually happened in this timeframe after April 30? I'm optimistic but also trying to manage expectations and figure out arrangements for this fall

There is typically a bunch of movement from April 30 through June, and then it slows down a bit but still happens. It is still early to be worrying if youā€™re on the WL.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users

If I recall from my experience last year, there's a hold list that feeds into either alternate or waitlist. Then there's a waitlist & alternate list. The waitlist is accepted but just waiting for a spot (bc they can't have more than 171 students because of congressional requirements), and alternative has to wait for the waitlist to finish.

I've been told a lot of people get taken off the waitlist and some years they make it all the way through. This is not necessarily the case however as I made the waitlist last year but ultimately wasn't accepted (it also varies branch to branch along with year to year so YMMV). I can confirm though that if you have to reapply, you still have a shot at getting in. So if you're really interested in USU, and things don't work out anywhere this cycle definitely consider reapplying like I did!

Reactions: 3 users
If I recall from my experience last year, there's a hold list that feeds into either alternate or waitlist. Then there's a waitlist & alternate list. The waitlist is accepted but just waiting for a spot (bc they can't have more than 171 students because of congressional requirements), and alternative has to wait for the waitlist to finish.

I've been told a lot of people get taken off the waitlist and some years they make it all the way through. This is not necessarily the case however as I made the waitlist last year but ultimately wasn't accepted (it also varies branch to branch along with year to year so YMMV). I can confirm though that if you have to reapply, you still have a shot at getting in. So if you're really interested in USU, and things don't work out anywhere this cycle definitely consider reapplying like I did!

This is a great summary of how it generally works.

It will say in the letter attached to the post-interview "Admissions Decision" email.
I never received an Admissions Decision email (interviewed in December). After my medical waiver cleared in March, I was told that I was put on a waitlist when I reached out for an application status update. I don't even know if I'm on the primary or alternate waitlist... so should I reach out and ask?

I received my admissions decision over the phone and not by email. I assume this was because I ranked PHS first.

I never received an Admissions Decision email (interviewed in December). After my medical waiver cleared in March, I was told that I was put on a waitlist when I reached out for an application status update. I don't even know if I'm on the primary or alternate waitlist... so should I reach out and ask?
Can't hurt to reach out to your admissions counselor.

Weird, okay well then I defer to @DoctorWhere on this one. Definitely reach out!

For those recently given an unconditional acceptance, do you just wait for an email about when you are attending the officer training?

What happens if we can't pass the 2mile run?

I'm able to max everything else on the ACFT but run a horrendous 21 minute 2MR (and I've been training that for over a year now). Would someone get their acceptance revoked for not passing the ACFT? Obviously going to continue to train, but my powerlifting background is working against me in this one event and it's quite frustrating