2018-2019 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, all long time lurker!

What is the best airport to fly into that offers the best connection to USU?
Is the host program worth it?
As a prior service officer, is it acceptable to wear a civilian suit?

Best,

OMG

1. If you fly into Washington National, it links directly to the metro so you can take that right to the front gate.

2. Not sure about the host program. Have heard good things.

3. If you are not active duty, do not wear a uniform. Wear a suit.

Members don't see this ad.

1. If you fly into Washington National, it links directly to the metro so you can take that right to the front gate.

2. Not sure about the host program. Have heard good things.

3. If you are not active duty, do not wear a uniform. Wear a suit.

Thank you mate!

I want to shout you out! You have been invaluable to this sub-forum! We should nominate you to become a mod. haha! Seriously though!

Catch ya on the other end!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you mate!

I want to shout you out! You have been invaluable to this sub-forum! We should nominate you to become a mod. haha! Seriously though!

Catch ya on the other end!

I’m always happy to help. This community is great, and I like to give back any time I can. Let me know if you have any questions about the interview day, and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, all long time lurker!

What is the best airport to fly into that offers the best connection to USU?
Is the host program worth it?
As a prior service officer, is it acceptable to wear a civilian suit?

Best,

OMG

Are you a reservist?

Got the hold email today. Submitted 7-19 and was complete 8-7. Fingers crossed!

Definitely wear your uniform, you are missing an opportunity if you do not. I am a reservist and wore my uniform for the interview. And I agree with above, if you are in the IRR that is a different story.

Definitely wear your uniform, you are missing an opportunity if you do not. I am a reservist and wore my uniform for the interview. And I agree with above, if you are in the IRR that is a different story.

Agreed. He said former officer, so I assumed he was just out. But if he's in the actual reserves (i.e., not IRR), then he should wear it.

Accepted! Got the call last night (8 pm EST). Interviewed 9/20. So excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what the odds are of getting an II after being put on hold?

Congrats to all those who've been getting accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the interview schedule is like? I know there is a mini lecture in the morning.

It's not really a lecture. It's just a few presentations like at every other interview.

They have check-in for about 45 minutes and provide a little breakfast. Then you'll go to one of the lecture halls and hear presentations from Dr. Saguil on military medicine, the DHA, and USUHS. You will probably also get a little word from the Dean of the school. You'll also get a presentation on student affairs and on the summer operational experiences. The security manager will also read a list of people who do not have to see her (if you already have a clearance and your info is in her system).

Then you'll go to the sim center. It's about a 10-15 minute bus ride away, depending on traffic. You'll see the SP area, the target trainers and cool robots, and then you'll get a video on the WAVE (it's like an AR thing that looks pretty cool). Then you'll go back to USUHS and eat lunch while a bunch of M1s and M2s introduce themselves and answer questions about the school without the admissions staff present.

Then you'll break into groups with one of the M1s or M2s for a tour of the school. After that, they'll lead you back to the lobby of the admissions building for you to wait for your interviews. You'll have two interviews in the afternoon with usually about an hour break between them. Dr. Saguil, Dr. Liotta, and Mrs. Wilsnack like to sit out in the lobby and answer questions and talk about the school and military medicine. It's awesome. This is also the time that you will go to security if you need to.

After your interviews, you check out at admissions and take a short iPad survey. Then you can leave.

Reactions: 1 users
Do all the rejected post-II applicants get placed on an alternate list here without getting directly rejected?

Have any accepted applicants received a follow-up email or information in the mail? Just making sure I haven't missed anything.

Have any accepted applicants received a follow-up email or information in the mail? Just making sure I haven't missed anything.
not yet, I think he said to expect something by the end of the week in the mail.

Just got my follow up in the mail today giving you instructions on how to secure your acceptance and a congratulations letter

Just got my follow up in the mail today giving you instructions on how to secure your acceptance and a congratulations letter
ahhh I’m going to check when I get home?

I just got the call today (1:30 PST) - I interviewed 9/13 so don’t give up if you’re worried to death and waiting on a call like I was!

I just got the call today (1:30 PST) - I interviewed 9/13 so don’t give up if you’re worried to death and waiting on a call like I was!
You were in my group! Congrats!

I was is in the 9/13 group too :,( send me some good vibes!!!!

(A few posts ago I said I was in the 9/6 group, but I got my dates confused)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending all the good vibes!

Damn straight! I wonder if I can remember who you guys were from your “fun facts”

I’m sure you were wonderful. I can’t wait for you to let us know when you get the call, this thread will go wild.

Haha. I'll definitely let everyone now. I'm so happy for everyone who has gotten the call so far! Can't wait to see y'all at orientation (hopefully!).

I was is in the 9/13 group too :,( send me some good vibes!!!!

(A few posts ago I said I was in the 9/6 group, but I got my dates confused)

Sending good vibes and prayers!

Last edited:
Do you mind sharing what branch you got? I’m wondering if that has anything to do with offers? I haven’t seen too many air force acceptances yet

It was Army. Perhaps each branch wants to approve each applicant or see the evidence of the physical being completed before extending an offer? Either way I’m rooting for you and everyone else!

Do you mind sharing what branch you got? I’m wondering if that has anything to do with offers? I haven’t seen too many air force acceptances yet

I forgot to mention, my acceptance was Air Force! I just got my paperwork in the mail yesterday.

Are you all having your official transcripts mailed to the 4301 Jones Bridge address?

I applied on 9/24 and have heard nothing... should I be worried? Does anyone have a good idea of the timeline for later applicants with no military experience?

I applied on 9/24 and have heard nothing... should I be worried? Does anyone have a good idea of the timeline for later applicants with no military experience?

I think it took, on average, 3-4 weeks to hear back after completing the secondary.

Primary submitted 9/20 and secondary submitted 9/24. I learned about this school late in the game but I am really interested and excited to apply here!

It was over a month before I got the complete email after finishing my secondary, and then another couple weeks before I got the prereq email, and then another couple weeks after that before I got an II.

I don't want to discourage you, but applying in September is quite late. However, they do interview into January, so just sit tight. If your stats and ECs are good, you still have a shot.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else whose been accepted not get the info packet in the mail yet?

Has anyone whose gotten a recent II been able to log into DODMET? I wanted to check to see if it’s a me problem or a system problem like they had before.

Has anyone whose gotten a recent II been able to log into DODMET? I wanted to check to see if it’s a me problem or a system problem like they had before.
I haven't been able to either

Have you already had your profile approved? If not, it can take a couple weeks between calling Mrs. Wilsnack and getting access.

Hey guys, I got a "application hold" letter in the mail, post interview. Anybody know the chances of getting off this hold or is this a soft rejection? Thanks

Have you already had your profile approved? If not, it can take a couple weeks between calling Mrs. Wilsnack and getting access.
I don't think mine has been approved, since I haven't gotten an email or anything. The original email said to allow 7 days before contacting DoDMERB. Today was 8 business days, so I gave them a call and they said to just keep waiting, but if I haven't gotten anything from them by the end of the week, I need to call them again.

I don't think mine has been approved, since I haven't gotten an email or anything. The original email said to allow 7 days before contacting DoDMERB. Today was 8 business days, so I gave them a call and they said to just keep waiting, but if I haven't gotten anything from them by the end of the week, I need to call them again.

I’m in the same boat.

Yeah, it can take a while. You'll get an email from Concorde saying you have approval. It took like 2 weeks for me.

Nothing yet here :( my remedial paperwork just got approved so I’m hoping to hear something soon at least

They don't wait for you to be qualified in DoDMerb to give an acceptance. You just can't get the unconditional without it. When did you interview?