2018-2019 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It takes time. You get asked to fill out a prereq form on the portal that shows that you've completed or are completing the prereqs. After that, you just wait. It can take some time because they assign interviews in batches.
How long did it take for you to get your prereq form?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I cancelled my interview. Hopefully it goes to one of you well qualified people. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t remember from the interview, but does anyone know when USUHS starts rolling out acceptances? Trying to decide how anxious I need to be today :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Traffic was heinous this morning maybe everyone is just getting a late start. My eyeballs are glued to my phone... I don't foresee much work being done today...

Reactions: 1 users
Traffic was heinous this morning maybe everyone is just getting a late start. My eyeballs are glued to my phone... I don't foresee much work being done today...

I have an exam tomorrow. Will I be studying today?

A10E98B1-141C-4F9B-982F-AA9242D0AD1F.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
I had to share the good news... I got the call this morning! I’m in! I was taking a post PT nap and after I hung up I was almost convinced it was a dream :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
I had to share the good news... I got the call this morning! I’m in! I was taking a post PT nap and after I hung up I was almost convinced it was a dream :laugh:

CONGRATS!!! What time did they call and second when did you interview?

I just got the call!! Interviewed 09/13

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the call with an acceptance! Interviewed 09/13

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the acceptance!! Interviewed 9/6

Can we talk about how Dr. Saguil is the most wholesome person I have ever met? I think he was almost as excited as I was.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the acceptance!! Interviewed 9/6

Can we talk about how Dr. Saguil is the most wholesome person I have ever met? I think he was almost as excited as I was.

He is the man! Congrats!

Accepted Army! Got the call around 8:30 (10:30 eastern time).

Interviewed 9/20

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats all! I also received my acceptance call today. I wish they would email us as well as the phone call. I was so shocked and at work trying to be quiet, I didn't hear what branch I was accepted to! "Welcome to USU!" SO excited.

Does anyone know if they will be sending out waitlist or rejection emails/phone calls or if that’s how we should interpret silence this week

Congrats all! I also received my acceptance call today. I wish they would email us as well as the phone call. I was so shocked and at work trying to be quiet, I didn't hear what branch I was accepted to! "Welcome to USU!" SO excited.
Congrats! When did you interview?

Does anyone know if they will be sending out waitlist or rejection emails/phone calls or if that’s how we should interpret silence this week

I think he will be calling people for the next couple days (at least that's what it looks like from last year's thread) -- so I would keep an open mind!

Accepted this morning as well! Did Dr. Saguil mention to anyone when we could expect an email? I was too excited and can't quite remember.

Accepted this morning as well! Did Dr. Saguil mention to anyone when we could expect an email? I was too excited and can't quite remember.

I am in the same boat but I believe he just told me "You will be receiving a packet soon with more information" so not really a time frame. Also he didn't give me a service, but I am assuming it is with the Navy.

How difficult are they with remedials for parts of the physical?

I am in the same boat but I believe he just told me "You will be receiving a packet soon with more information" so not really a time frame. Also he didn't give me a service, but I am assuming it is with the Navy.

Accepted this morning ~9:45 am with the Navy (interviewed 9/6)! Col. Saguil said we should receive a packet in the mail within the next week - if not, call the admissions office.

How difficult are they with remedials for parts of the physical?

Honestly depends on what it is, but I had a remedial that was just approved end of last week. Mrs. Wilsnack is a great source of info on that!

Any other 9/6 interviewees desperately waiting for the call? Any theories of why we didn't get a call today that may ease my nerves??? (yes ik I'm being super impatient and neurotic, but this is my top choice and I am devastated that I didn't get a call today) thx
Don't worry. I'm right there with you. I talked to Dr. Saguil a couple of weeks ago and he said not getting a phone call means we are waitlisted. Although I am not sure if he makes all the calls today. But he also mentioned that only about 100 people get outright rejected and told me not to worry too much about it. Good luck to those that haven't heard back!

Reactions: 2 users
“We are pleased to report that your application has been reviewed, and that the Admissions Committee is favorably disposed to you through the information that you have provided us. The Committee would like to see more of the applying class before making a final decision on whether to offer you an Interview, this enables us to see more of the applying pool and the experiences and attributes they have to offer.

We will review your chart on a regular basis-monthly or even more frequently. As our application pool matures, we will have a better idea of the composition of those applying to USUHS and our developing class. As time progresses, we hope to be able to offer you an interview so that you can experience "America's Medical School" first hand.”

Is that a soft rejection? Just got that today (submitted 8/14)

“We are pleased to report that your application has been reviewed, and that the Admissions Committee is favorably disposed to you through the information that you have provided us. The Committee would like to see more of the applying class before making a final decision on whether to offer you an Interview, this enables us to see more of the applying pool and the experiences and attributes they have to offer.

We will review your chart on a regular basis-monthly or even more frequently. As our application pool matures, we will have a better idea of the composition of those applying to USUHS and our developing class. As time progresses, we hope to be able to offer you an interview so that you can experience "America's Medical School" first hand.”

Is that a soft rejection? Just got that today (submitted 8/14)

Just means you're on hold.

Got that email today as well. I was hopefully it was my II. We’ll see what happens now.

No email... been complete since early August... panic ensues... rejection or II is on the way ..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got that dreaded on hold e-mail as well. Submitted early August

I gotta say team, I'm pretty disheartened today. I also got the hold email. I'm nothing particularly special, but I had very good scores (as in, 99th percentile) and GPA, and have spent the last 13 years in the Army. I really thought I would be a great fit for USU. Anyone have any insight on how they make these types of decisions?

I gotta say team, I'm pretty disheartened today. I also got the hold email. I'm nothing particularly special, but I had very good scores (as in, 99th percentile) and GPA, and have spent the last 13 years in the Army. I really thought I would be a great fit for USU. Anyone have any insight on how they make these types of decisions?

I know they rely pretty heavily on the secondary essays. But honestly it’s hard to say. That email isn’t a rejection so don’t lose hope. But you’re not the first prior service applicant with good stats I’ve seen get a hold email or a rejection. Sorry you had to get that email. Praying it turns into an II.

Hi, all long time lurker!

What is the best airport to fly into that offers the best connection to USU?
Is the host program worth it?
As a prior service officer, is it acceptable to wear a civilian suit?

Best,

OMG

I know they rely pretty heavily on the secondary essays. But honestly it’s hard to say. That email isn’t a rejection so don’t lose hope. But you’re not the first prior service applicant with good stats I’ve seen get a hold email or a rejection. Sorry you had to get that email. Praying it turns into an II.
Thank you, much appreciated.