2018-2019 University of Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep, my FAFSA was processed on 5/7 and I got my financial aid sent to my UB email address on 5/28.

Factoring in possibly streaming lectures, viewing histo slides, flashcards apps, note-taking or using for exams, any "newish" MBA would be more than fine. My significant other got by easily with a 2014 MacBook Air and my 2015 MacBook Pro is still going strong, which I plan to continue to use.
How did you get your UB email? On my FAFSA app, it says it was processed but thats it. I emailed the financial aid counselor and she pretty much said that there is nothing left to do, except that the Graduate PLUS loan application was available June 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

How did you get your UB email? On my FAFSA app, it says it was processed but thats it. I emailed the financial aid counselor and she pretty much said that there is nothing left to do, except that the Graduate PLUS loan application was available June 1st.
Yeah I also can't find a UB email adress

Yeah I also can't find a UB email adress

After you activate your "UBITName", go to myub.buffalo.edu and click the "UBMail" tab. It should open a new Gmail instance with your new UB email account. You can easily add your UB email account to any phone or computer email client you use.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
After you activate your "UBITName", go to myub.buffalo.edu and click the "UBMail" tab. It should open a new Gmail instance with your new UB email account. You can easily add your UB email account to any phone or computer email client you use.
Geez thanks for this! You would think that someone from the school would tell us this, as financial aid awards are just sitting in an inbox that we havent been instructed on how to access lol

Geez thanks for this! You would think that someone from the school would tell us this, as financial aid awards are just sitting in an inbox that we havent been instructed on how to access lol
you actually have to access your award via the HUB student center. When you lg int MyUB there's a tab for it!

you actually have to access your award via the HUB student center. When you lg int MyUB there's a tab for it!
Exactly. They send an email to your UB email address saying your financial aid award is ready, and you go to the HUB student center to accept it.

I’m looking into signing up for a CPR class since that’s required, are any of the “online+classroom” ones OK?

Someone I talked to in admissions mentioned a checklist on the Hub but I am having trouble finding it. Has anyone seen this/can help me?

Exactly. They send an email to your UB email address saying your financial aid award is ready, and you go to the HUB student center to accept it.

I’m looking into signing up for a CPR class since that’s required, are any of the “online+classroom” ones OK?
I would ask Mr. Rosso about that, but I would imagine those are ok if they didn't really specify any course requirements.

Any incoming Male UB med student looking for an apartment? Please PM me as I live in Buffalo and have an apartment with three rooms for just two people (only me lives there right now and you and I could share the last room for storage). I am on UB's waitlist. I live near South campus, very close to the train station that's free for UB Med students to go to the medical campus downtown. So this will be an ideal spot for folks who want to live a bit away from the school of medicine. It'll also be much cheaper.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance off WL yesterday June 10th via email. AMCAS was updated as well. I was totally in the acceptance stage of grief but it’s not over till it’s over.

Reactions: 4 users
anybody else having problems enrolling in classes today ?
yeah it seems like everyones been having trouble. email Stacy (the woman who sent the registration memo email) and they'll get you registered in minutes!!

Yup long ass time ago. You gotta self activate it if I recall correctly

Naw If I recall correctly I just went to GradMIT and the instructions/link were there

Nope nothing but a free week. Hope it’ll stay that way!

Hi! To all who interviewed, how long was your interview day? I may be misunderstanding the email but it states 8:15 AM - 5:30 PM. Is it really that long? I love the idea of getting to know the school but it just seems like a considerable time period.

Thank you for your help!