2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those that have interviewed, did you send a thank you email through the message center in the portal or did you just send an email to the admissions email?

I didn't send a thank you email....:nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing next Friday and so far have not heard back from anyone regarding anything about the student host and student-run clinic...

Interviewing next Friday and so far have not heard back from anyone regarding anything about the student host and student-run clinic...
I'm unsure about the student host situation, but in the email they sent to me about the student-run clinic tours they mentioned that they would send me an email confirmation the day before the interview.

I'm unsure about the student host situation, but in the email they sent to me about the student-run clinic tours they mentioned that they would send me an email confirmation the day before the interview.

I just got an interview reminder email today saying that the student host will be finalized this Wednesday, two days before the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-secondary R received yesterday. I'm bummed because this was a top school for me, but I figured as much at this point, and much prefer this over radio silence.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Pre-secondary R received yesterday. I'm bummed because this was a top school for me, but I figured as much at this point, and much prefer this over radio silence.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running!
I am sorry to hear that, but congratulations on your II/acceptances! Mind if I ask if you're OOS or IS?

I am sorry to hear that, but congratulations on your II/acceptances! Mind if I ask if you're OOS or IS?

Thanks! Got my first A from another one of my favorite schools the day after the R from UCD, so I’ definitely feeling relieved and grateful.

I’m OOS, but I applied because of mission match (extensive work experience with an income/underserved population).

Anyone else still waiting for a secondary??
Yep. I'm IS with strong ties to the northstate, and this is my third time getting rejected pre-secondary. My stats are within their range and I have acceptances to other schools, so it's a bit perplexing, but oh well!

Yep. I'm IS with strong ties to the northstate, and this is my third time getting rejected pre-secondary. My stats are within their range and I have acceptances to other schools, so it's a bit perplexing, but oh well!
Damn, but hey you're going to be a doctor!! Congrats!!

sorry if this has been answered but post-secondary does Davis wait till the end of the cycle to reject applicants or do they do it throughout?

sorry if this has been answered but post-secondary does Davis wait till the end of the cycle to reject applicants or do they do it throughout?

They wait until the end

I’m guessing us 10/26 folks will be hearing back next week!

Reactions: 1 users
For those that have interviewed at Davis, did you bring a bag to the interview? If so, is there a place you can leave it as you rotate through the mmi stations? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

For those that have interviewed at Davis, did you bring a bag to the interview? If so, is there a place you can leave it as you rotate through the mmi stations? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

They have a room before MMI where you can leave stuff. And I’m sure they would allow you to leave your stuff in the conference room they give their talks in.

I wonder if 10/26 interviewees will hear back today!

I just received a II, and I am having trouble signing up for a date. I completed the confidentiality agreement and uploaded my photo via the portal, but I am still unable to see interview dates. The email says to "Submit your photo via email to the application portal. Follow the instructions provided." How do you submit a photo via email to the application portal? Sorry if this is a silly question...I have scanned the thread and haven't seen any discussion regarding this.

Last edited:
I just got the waitlist email. Luckily their wait list moves a lot. Good luck all!!

+2 for the waitlist. I’m disappointed but at least I wasn’t outright rejected. Does anybody have any idea what the chances are of getting an offer if you are on the waitlist?

Edit: It is going to be a long, long wait to May

I just got the waitlist email. Luckily their wait list moves a lot. Good luck all!!

:( Sorry to hear that. I guess they aren't getting back to my interview date this week. For what it's worth, I talked to a UC Davis MS1 while I was touring the free clinic who said he only received one II and he got waitlisted at Davis. That waitlist turned into an acceptance so it's definitely possible!

Reactions: 1 users
:( Sorry to hear that. I guess they aren't getting back to my interview date this week. For what it's worth, I talked to a UC Davis MS1 while I was touring the free clinic who said he only received one II and he got waitlisted at Davis. That waitlist turned into an acceptance so it's definitely possible!

Yeah half the class at UC Davis this year comes off the waitlist so that’s reassuring. I felt really good about the interview though so I’m a little disappointed.

I just received a II, and I am having trouble signing up for a date. I completed the confidentiality agreement and uploaded my photo via the portal, but I am still unable to see interview dates. The email says to "Submit your photo via email to the application portal. Follow the instructions provided." How do you submit a photo via email to the application portal? Sorry if this is a silly question...I have scanned the thread and haven't seen any discussion regarding this.
It sounds like you went about the process the correct way (I think the "submit via email to the application portal" was a typo). Were there no available dates on the calendar in February/March time? I had to search a bit to find an open date when I received the II.

I was having the same issue. Emailed admissions, this is the message I received.

"Thank you for your email. We are aware of the issue and our developer is working to resolve the situation. I will email again once the system is ready to capture your interview date. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Office of Admissions"

It sounds like you went about the process the correct way (I think the "submit via email to the application portal" was a typo). Were there no available dates on the calendar in February/March time? I had to search a bit to find an open date when I received the II.
I was unable to view a calendar at all but it seems their interface isn't working. Thank you for your help!

I was having the same issue. Emailed admissions, this is the message I received.

"Thank you for your email. We are aware of the issue and our developer is working to resolve the situation. I will email again once the system is ready to capture your interview date. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Office of Admissions"

Ahh. That makes sense. Could you let us know when they email you to say the system is back up? Thank you so much for your help.

Does anyone know if after April 30th we have to send them a letter of intent or something of the like if we're on their waitlist?

Congratulations! Would you mind providing when you were complete? Thank you :)