2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got in off the waitlist as well!!!!!! :D heard back on the 23rd, no call just an email. According to my roommate, this is the fastest he has ever seen me get out of bed (I literally jumped out once I saw the email lol) :laugh: Don't lose hope my fellow compadres!
Congrats!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I called UCD, and talked to someone who was super helpful! Basically, the waitlist is still open, and they plan to send out emails letting us know when it is closed. (She hinted that she suspects that it will be early July—I didn’t press because these things are dynamic and we’ve all heard the stories of calls off the WL up to the 1st week of classes.) I also found the following on the UCD website:

Waitlist: Applicant informed of waitlist status with final decision starting 5/1 through 7/15

Hope this helps!

Just got the official rejection email from Davis. Good luck to everyone else who’s still waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the official rejection email from Davis. Good luck to everyone else who’s still waiting.
It's the worst feeling ever... Got the same email.
Will be focusing on my MCAT retake and going to re-apply 2020-2021 cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Will be focusing on retaking my MCAT and going to re-apply 2020-2021 cycle.

I am so sorry you all.
Thank your for the update! Keep your heads up and stick to it.

Reactions: 3 users
Will be focusing on retaking my MCAT and going to re-apply 2020-2021 cycle.

Me too. So incredibly soul crushing. I'm still on one waitlist but losing hope :(
Congrats to all who made it in

Reactions: 2 users
I got the email as well. I’m still fortunate enough to be going to a DO school but this rejection still stings

Reactions: 3 users
Don't know if anyone will see this, but if you are going to write about an activity that you already described well in your primary, can you just name it and then reflect on it or should you provide some background again too? Just because the 500char limit is so tight I get like a sentence and a half to reflect if I explain.

To those who got interviews at UC Davis in the 2018-2019 cycle, how important was applying to Scholarly Pathways programs? (eg., Rural-PRIME, TEACH-MS, ACE-PC, REACH, ARC-MD)

To those who got interviews at UC Davis in the 2018-2019 cycle, how important was applying to Scholarly Pathways programs? (eg., Rural-PRIME, TEACH-MS, ACE-PC, REACH, ARC-MD)

Not important at all in terms of an interview. (ARC-MD wasn’t created at the time so they simply recruited ppl). They also explained on interview day that you could still apply (aka let admin know you’re interested) to one of those programs after being admitted, if you failed to do so on the secondary.

Anyone oos receive a secondary, interview, and/or acceptance ?
i think you are in the wrong thread, wrong year lol. but fwiw im oos, and didnt get a secondary yet. verified 9/12 i think