2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received a II, and I am having trouble signing up for a date. I completed the confidentiality agreement and uploaded my photo via the portal, but I am still unable to see interview dates. The email says to "Submit your photo via email to the application portal. Follow the instructions provided." How do you submit a photo via email to the application portal? Sorry if this is a silly question...I have scanned the thread and haven't seen any discussion regarding this.

I don't remember that being a part of my process... hopefully you can call or get this figured out over the weekend

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received a II, and I am having trouble signing up for a date. I completed the confidentiality agreement and uploaded my photo via the portal, but I am still unable to see interview dates. The email says to "Submit your photo via email to the application portal. Follow the instructions provided." How do you submit a photo via email to the application portal? Sorry if this is a silly question...I have scanned the thread and haven't seen any discussion regarding this.
If you do not mind, when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-secondary.. complete 7.20

Rejected pre-secondary.. complete 7.20
Sorry to hear this! Looks like we are similar applicants (CA, Non-trad, Reapp, stats). I haven't heard either way, but still have not received a secondary from UCD. I'm not sure when I haven't made that cut, but I'm not sure what to make of the radio silence either.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to hear this! Looks like we are similar applicants (CA, Non-trad, Reapp, stats). I haven't heard either way, but still have not received a secondary from UCD. I'm not sure when I haven't made that cut, but I'm not sure what to make of the radio silence either.
Congrats on your acceptance!

Anyone know if the show love to CA residents? (What % of students are CA residents?)

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I was complete late August and haven’t received any emails from admissions since then. I just randomly checked my portal through the admissions process website and saw that a secondary was active since August. It still allows me to fill out the app even though it is past the 30 days. Since everyone’s receiving acceptances it seems too late to even try :(

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I was complete late August and haven’t received any emails from admissions since then. I just randomly checked my portal through the admissions process website and saw that a secondary was active since August. It still allows me to fill out the app even though it is past the 30 days. Since everyone’s receiving acceptances it seems too late to even try :(
I would follow up with admissions about that to see whether they would still accept the secondary; it is definitely worth explaining that you never received an email about it and therefore did not know to fill it out within the 30 days! I would say that it may not be too late: they offer interviews up through January.

Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? I know around this time last year, interviews were scheduled for March.

To folks who interviewed and signed up for the clinic tour, what time of day was it? I'm trying to plan out my travel times and any info would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
To folks who interviewed and signed up for the clinic tour, what time of day was it? I'm trying to plan out my travel times and any info would be appreciated :)

Clinic tour was on Saturday morning for me!

How can this effect UC Davis' reputation going forward for Residency positions?

Would love to hear from current MS3's and MS4's about their clinical training experience if this has been an ongoing issue, and also from any MS1's and MS2's who may know more inside information.

MS1 here. I'll be talking with 2nd, 3rd and 4th years about this over the coming days to get everyone the full information.

Reactions: 8 users
II today for interviews in March. IS

Pre-med Students. You really need to look into what kind of medical education you will be receiving at UC Davis. That post about midlevels is actually real. If they are going to give preceptorship slots to NP/PA students I would not attend that school. You are basically funding the midlevels education.

Davis I will drive 2 hours to rotations if u give me the A

(Kidding but kinda not)

Reactions: 9 users
Is anyone who got an interview here willing to PM me what ECs they have (feel free to be as vague as needed for anonymity reasons of course)

EDIT: I am trying to gauge how likely it is for me to receive an II

I am from NorCal and just landed in NorCal for Christmas and am thinking about how great it would be to live in NorCal again :l
It's like a home sickness while I'm home!

Last edited:
Is anyone who got an interview here willing to PM me what ECs they have (feel free to be as vague as needed for anonymity reasons of course)

EDIT: I am trying to gauge how likely it is for me to receive an II

I am from NorCal and just landed in NorCal for Christmas and am thinking about how great it would be to live in NorCal again :l
It's like a home sickness while I'm home!

Just went to message you and couldn't because of your privacy settings

Any hope of receiving an II after the New Year? :( I have grown up in NorCal my whole life and was hoping to stay around this area for med school.

Any hope of receiving an II after the New Year? :( I have grown up in NorCal my whole life and was hoping to stay around this area for med school.
It looks like the last person to get an II was scheduling into March, which is near the end of the interview cycle for Davis; however, people are likely going to give up interview slots all the way up to the spring, so I would be very surprised if we didn't see more IIs coming out after the new year!

Anybody have any tips for preparing for the MMI here?

Does anyone know how much the waitlist usually moves?

Surprisingly rejected, thought I performed well on the MMI :(

Omg am so sorry, do you guys mind sharing when you interviewed? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Mid November
Am getting really nervous, I interviewed early December and I haven't heard anything yet, they could be going in some order of interview date. It's so hard to gauge performance on the MMI.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Yes, it seems like they are going in order of interview date. I wish you all of the best!

Also rejected post interview. Stings. Best of luck to everyone else! Davis is a great school :)

Accepted today but withdrawing, going to my dream school, hopefully, it goes to one of you! Interviewed 11/30

Reactions: 7 users
I am helping a friend. He did not apply to UC Davis till mid-October and was hoping for an interview. Are they done sending out invites, do you have a idea?

I am helping a friend. He did not apply to UC Davis till mid-October and was hoping for an interview. Are they done sending out invites, do you have a idea?
I think they finish sending out interviews in a few weeks. Last year they rejected everyone all at once in mid-January