2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would imagine the waitlist couldn't possibly be that big, because the class size is only like 120. So I would think you probably have a good chance. Good luck!

My (uneducated) guess is that the WL is quite large. Why? Because almost everyone I know in two different interview groups says they got WL (1 got an outright acceptance), but yes, I don't actually know everyone in the groups. 2. The new traffic rules have created speculation that WL will be longer this year. 3. The SOM matriculates about 25% of those that are interviewed. I haven't seen any post II rejections, doesn't mean they haven't happened though. Time will tell, but speculating is fun, haha.

Members don't see this ad.

They told us during interview day how many candidates they accepted and waitlisted. I think it was 100 of each.

Reactions: 1 user
My (uneducated) guess is that the WL is quite large. Why? Because almost everyone I know in two different interview groups says they got WL (1 got an outright acceptance), but yes, I don't actually know everyone in the groups. 2. The new traffic rules have created speculation that WL will be longer this year. 3. The SOM matriculates about 25% of those that are interviewed. I haven't seen any post II rejections, doesn't mean they haven't happened though. Time will tell, but speculating is fun, haha.
I know of at least 4 people from my interview day who were rejected. I do think the waitlist is larger than the ~100 they indicated on interview day though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know of at least 4 people from my interview day who were rejected. I do think the waitlist is larger than the ~100 they indicated on interview day though.

Oh, good to know. I knew it was possible, just hadn't heard of it yet. I didn't even know that they indicated how large the WL would be. That blows the hypothesis that 35 is too large a number.

Yeah I know some people that were rejected post-II unfortunately. I have friends that are currently 2nd and 3rd years and they explained that a good chunk of their class came off the waitlist, almost half? The general consensus is that there is a considerate amount of waitlist movement at UCD. Good luck everyone!

Can anyone comment about the parking situation on campus? I'm looking to rent in Midtown or Tahoe Park, which aren't necessarily within walking distance. Will it be possible for me to find parking on campus, even with a paid permit?

Can anyone comment about the parking situation on campus? I'm looking to rent in Midtown or Tahoe Park, which aren't necessarily within walking distance. Will it be possible for me to find parking on campus, even with a paid permit?
Used to volunteer there 5 years ago and I never had trouble finding a spot as an undergrad student. My C permit was around $35/month. I would call the Parking and Transportation Services. Let us know what you find out if you do call.

Just got an email this morning saying that they have started reviewing waitlist applicants! Good luck to all of us on the waitlist! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Bad and only getting worse – there are actually plans to remove student/staff parking to add even more buildings. It's not a problem at the moment if you arrive around 8am or noon/later. A lot of people bike from Oak Park and Tahoe Park.

Good luck everyone! Hope you all hear some good news tomorrow or the upcoming weeks! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can withdraw using the application portal:
"If you no longer wish to be considered for admissions, please review the “STATUS” tab in the application portal (applymd.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu) and complete the withdraw process. "

Reactions: 2 users
Ahh, so nervous for waitlist season starting tomorrow! Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Today is the big day! May 1st has finally arrived! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if they only get back to you if you get off the waitlist? Or do they also let you know if you’re not getting off the waitlist?

Does anyone know if they only get back to you if you get off the waitlist? Or do they also let you know if you’re not getting off the waitlist?

If you don’t get off the waitlist, they’ll eventually let you know but that can take them until around the matriculation time

Do they call or just email for acceptance?
I think they do both. They might call first, then send an email right after? (My assumptions only)

What I read from the email they sent:
"If you are still interested in being considered for admissions, please make sure you have regular access to the phone number and email address listed on your application. "

Interview for track program, received via email earlier today!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard anything yet? This waiting game is giving me so much anxiety!

Reactions: 2 users
You can only interview for a track program if you've been accepted to the SOM.
Not necessarily. Well... at least last year I had two friends that were interviewed for a track program while on the wait-list for the SOM. Not sure if that is any different this year.

Not necessarily. Well... at least last year I had two friends that were interviewed for a track program while on the wait-list for the SOM. Not sure if that is any different this year.

That's just what they said on interview day. It seems you have some inside information. Pretty cool.

Im going to join in on the neuroticism. Anyone care to speculate how many people are on waitlist and how many will get offers? My Msar expired so I can’t access the data :(

Im going to join in on the neuroticism. Anyone care to speculate how many people are on waitlist and how many will get offers? My Msar expired so I can’t access the data :(

I've always heard that Davis has a lot of WL movement each year, but I've never seen it on the actual school specific threads. Can't say I searched for it here though either.

MSAR says -

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
100-150

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist Not Provided

Waitlist procedures and information
The number of offers from the wait list varies year to year. Offers from the wait list begin in May.

It appears UCD is just busy, and WL offers haven’t been sent out yet, we shouldn’t worry. Let’s all try not to jump when our phone rings!

UCD sent an email saying they pushed the date to PTE to May 7th so maybe there will be a lot of movement then

UCD sent an email saying they pushed the date to PTE to May 7th so maybe there will be a lot of movement then

Yeah, maybe.

My thought is that 99% of people are already down to 1 acceptance. I guess if they decide to rescind an acceptance from those that don't use the tool then there could be some movement. Other movement will come from those that take new acceptances from other schools. ALSO, it looks like they likely haven't extended new offers after 4/30 so that may still need to happen.

What’s going on???? Did anyone get any email or phone call?
I feel you!! On a previous post, someone said UCD is pushing their PTE date to May 7th. So there may be a delay in WL movement.
Previous threads showed movement around May 8th and May 15th. I expect this year might be similar considering the changes in traffic rules.
Best of luck and trust the process. ^_^

What’s going on???? Did anyone get any email or phone call?
there has been some movement judging by the facebook group. I got the call last week but will likely be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

Welp, guess there has been movement. I know it’s early but a little sad & losing hope day by day

there has been some movement judging by the facebook group. I got the call last week but will likely be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!
Just to clarify, you got accepted from the waitlist? Do you mind sharing what month you were added to the WL?

Just to clarify, you got accepted from the waitlist? Do you mind sharing what month you were added to the WL?
Yeah, accepted from waitlist. I interviewed back in November and waitlisted a month later I believe