2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R this morning, with like a 3 sentence letter. Was not on II waitlist. Good luck to those still in the running!

Members don't see this ad.

Officially withdrew my acceptance... Good luck to everyone here!

Feel free to DM me with any questions about the region!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Forgot about it and just completed the survey from my interview on 2/22/19 and noticed it said 'Your application will be reviewed by the admission committee once this anonymous survey has been completed.'
So does this mean they haven't even begun looking at my app because of this survey????
Has everyone who has been accepted so far done the survey?

Rejected today. Complete in early August. Bummed. Will take a year off and probably apply for the third and final time two cycles from now.

The struggle: First cycle: get an interview at Stanford of all places. This cycle: increased my mcat score by 7 points and no interviews. Next round: maybe third time's the charm?!! gah.
Did you get WL or R’ed post II at Stanford?

Forgot about it and just completed the survey from my interview on 2/22/19 and noticed it said 'Your application will be reviewed by the admission committee once this anonymous survey has been completed.'
So does this mean they haven't even begun looking at my app because of this survey????
I find it hard to imagine that they would hold the app until you completed it since adcom probably want to get things done as efficiently as possible; part of me thinks this is just a way to guarantee everyone responds to the survey without any consequences. I did fill out the survey day of the interview and heard back within about 3 weeks (n=1). If you're really concerned you could of course follow up with staff, but I have a feeling that it should be totally fine! Best of luck with your application cycle :)

I find it hard to imagine that they would hold the app until you completed it since adcom probably want to get things done as efficiently as possible; part of me thinks this is just a way to guarantee everyone responds to the survey without any consequences. I did fill out the survey day of the interview and heard back within about 3 weeks (n=1). If you're really concerned you could of course follow up with staff, but I have a feeling that it should be totally fine! Best of luck with your application cycle :)
Thanks! this makes me feel a little better. I will check with them just to be sure though. Good luck to you too!

Reactions: 1 user

It's anonymous so how would they know who completed it? I doubt the link in the email is unique per applicant.

If we want to be super neurotic, I can PM you my link if you want to compare.

Thanks! this makes me feel a little better. I will check with them just to be sure though. Good luck to you too!

LOL. Please don't bother them for this. It is what it is. Either they already have your app in the queue to be reviewed or it just got added. Calling/emailing them won't change either case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they accept letter of intents?
I called the admissions department and left a voicemail because I heard conflicting things. They called back and told me that they don't in fact accept updates or LOIs. So we're just left to wait :(

I called the admissions department and left a voicemail because I heard conflicting things. They called back and told me that they don't in fact accept updates or LOIs. So we're just left to wait :(

They made this super clear to us on interview day. I was shocked, but like, okay good to know.

Not sure if this has been asked, but does anyone know when their financial aid offers are released. I am starting to think about how I am gonna pay to move to Sac and live there for 4 years!

Just withdrew from Davis. Hoping my spot goes to one of you lovely people!! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a full scholarship!!

Reactions: 8 users
I just got a merit based scholarship, but I was wondering, if I had another offer from a higher ranked school that is cheaper, would UC Davis consider offering me more?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how many students/class have full scholarships?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how many students/class have full scholarships?
Not enough... But to answer your question, I don't think the school shares that info

Just got the call today! I'm accepted :) Interviewed 3/8

crying happy tears

Reactions: 5 users
Hi, I'm new to sdn. Just wanted to share that I'm waitlisted for UC Davis (II - 2/1) (kind of nervous for this cycle). Looking forward to joining in on the UCD Forum :) Wishing you all the best of luck! And for those who got accepted, Congratz!! Hoping to join you on the acceptance bandwagon soon! #praying

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone on the wait-list received an interview for one of their track programs like TEACH or ACE? I heard they sometimes interviewed off the wait-list

Has anyone received an acceptance to ACE-PC? And how soon after you interview do you hear back on a decision for this program?

Has anyone received an acceptance to ACE-PC? And how soon after you interview do you hear back on a decision for this program?
I ran into someone at another school's second look that held an ACE acceptance, unsure when they interviewed though.

Does anybody know if there is any way to find out where you are on the waitlist here?

Does anybody know if there is any way to find out where you are on the waitlist here?
I don't think there's any way to know. Just gotta wait patiently and trust the process.
I'm anxious to know too so if anyone else knows, that would be nice. But I doubt it.
You can reach out to: HS-SOM Admissions <[email protected]> and ask?
Please keep us inform if you do reach out.

Anybody know if they even consider applicants on the waitlist after 4/30 if that applicant is holding an acceptance at another institution?

The traffic rules are kind of confusing. And I’m also wondering if acceptance elsewhere will bias their decisions.

Anybody know if they even consider applicants on the waitlist after 4/30 if that applicant is holding an acceptance at another institution?

The traffic rules are kind of confusing. And I’m also wondering if acceptance elsewhere will bias their decisions.

Yes, you’ll still be considered. They have had more acceptance info in the past and still extended acceptances to those with other acceptances/WL. Don’t overthink it.

Can we except 35-50 to get in off of a waitlist of ~130-150? I feel like I read this somewhere.

Found out I didn't get into TEACH-MS last night. Disappointed, but still going to pursue my interests in primary care and underserved populations! GL to everyone still waiting to hear from Davis. I'm hoping that people will get some good news after 4/30 comes round!

Reactions: 3 users
Can we except 35-50 to get in off of a waitlist of ~130-150? I feel like I read this somewhere.
I would imagine the waitlist couldn't possibly be that big, because the class size is only like 120. So I would think you probably have a good chance. Good luck!