2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me: singing California dream...
UCD adcom: INTERCEPTED boi.

Got axed today. I do appreciate that they work on Saturday at 5pm. Very diligent people.

IS, LM 72

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected too last night, ties to NorCal with sister lol jokes on them :) already got into another UC :p

Rejected Post-II, interviewed 1/11.
I'm incredibly sad and shocked. I honestly thought I performed my best interview here. Im so worried now about how I may have done in my other three interviews....

Edit: Interviewed 1/11

Last edited:
Rejected Post-II, interviewed 1/08.
I'm incredibly sad and shocked. I honestly thought I performed my best interview here. Im so worried now about how I may have done in my other three interviews....
I am so sorry to hear that. It can be like a shock to the system, especially since it sounds like you did great in the interview! I hope you can find a way to keep your head up through this rough process. I know this is not any consolation, but this whole process seems to be a total crapshoot. I find it heartening to see people who post that they thought they did absolutely horrible in certain interviews and yet still make it in--I hope you get better news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody from later in the week hear back yet? Also do they call or email decisions? Thanks!
I have not heard back yet; interviewed 1/11. The method of contact will depend on the outcome; an A will be done over the phone, but I think waitlists and Rs will all be through e-mail. Good luck!

Rejected Post-II, interviewed 1/08.

I am so sorry to hear this. I am wishing the best for you... You still have 3 more, so don't give up hope just yet!

Thanks @burb and @HealthJustice4All !

It really is a crapshoot. UC Davis was my top choice out of all the places I interviewed. Unfortunately, at this stage everything is out of my control.

:/
Good luck you all with the rest of the cycle!

Rejected Post-II, interviewed 1/11.

Edit: Interviewed 1/11

I was in a similar position earlier... thought my interview couldn't have been much better (at least from my perspective lol). Curious if you're from NorCal or SoCal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Flashback to November when I got the UC Davis II, I literally emailed my friend the following: "HOLY **** AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"....and then I promptly spent the rest of the day jumping up and down.

Flash forward to now: I am in utter disbelief that I got my first MD acceptance to UC Davis!!!

Interviewed 1/11, stats below, received the A by email late this morning at 11am PST. Waiting to see if the email was somehow a mistake, but guys, HOLY ****!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Flashback to November when I got the UC Davis II, I literally emailed my friend the following: "HOLY **** AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"....and then I promptly spent the rest of the day jumping up and down.

Flash forward to now: I am in utter disbelief that I got my first MD acceptance to UC Davis!!!

Interviewed 1/11, stats below, received the A by email late this morning at 11am PST. Waiting to see if the email was somehow a mistake, but guys, HOLY ****!!!
Congrats fam, happy for you

CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UC Davis is an amazing med school! Wooooop wooooooop

Congrats!

Stats?

IS or OOS?

I was in a similar position earlier... thought my interview couldn't have been much better (at least from my perspective lol). Curious if you're from NorCal or SoCal?

I'm from NorCal, but did my undergrad SoCal

anyone did not receive a pre-II rejection, II waitlist or rejection yet?

I hope they send a couple interview invites out next week!! It's probably close to over but maybe we'll get lucky soon. Any reapplicants here who haven't gotten good news yet? I can't decide if applying a third time makes sense or if it's time to switch gears. I'm already 5 years out of college.. Sigh. Rough process! Good luck all and congrats to those who have an acceptance!

I hope they send a couple interview invites out next week!! It's probably close to over but maybe we'll get lucky soon. Any reapplicants here who haven't gotten good news yet? I can't decide if applying a third time makes sense or if it's time to switch gears. I'm already 5 years out of college.. Sigh. Rough process! Good luck all and congrats to those who have an acceptance!

Don’t ever give up on a dream. If you have a clear reason behind why you want to be a physician, I say go ahead and apply a third time! I have actually met a physician who applied three times!

I would suggest working on your application, maybe reach out to some schools to get feedback. Think about the things you need to improve and work toward improving them. If it is your GPA, you can do a post-bacc or take some classes at your local institution. If it is your MCAT, re-take it! Don’t ever give up!

Reactions: 3 users
Don’t ever give up on a dream. If you have a clear reason behind why you want to be a physician, I say go ahead and apply a third time! I have actually met a physician who applied three times!

I would suggest working on your application, maybe reach out to some schools to get feedback. Think about the things you need to improve and work toward improving them. If it is your GPA, you can do a post-bacc or take some classes at your local institution. If it is your MCAT, re-take it! Don’t ever give up!
Thank you <3 A very nice message and one that I needed today. Appreciate it :)

Long time lurker.

Been complete since early August.. including secondaries. Has not had any feedback. no II or rejection.

Should I call them? I haven't gotten any updates on the portal either except the message that states My application is complete.

When they say interviews end in March, do they mean late March or early march? is there still hope?

Long time lurker.

Been complete since early August.. including secondaries. Has not had any feedback. no II or rejection.

Should I call them? I haven't gotten any updates on the portal either except the message that states My application is complete.

When they say interviews end in March, do they mean late March or early march? is there still hope?
I believe it is mid-March, based on past threads; however, it is possible that this cycle is different from the ones before! It seems like there is still time to receive II, so I would hold off on calling. It is very likely that they are still considering your app, and I don't believe that UC Davis is one of those places to do "silent rejections." Hopefully you hear back soon!

In case anyone else applied to a PRIME program, they are actively sending out invites to folks who have already been accepted into the MD program! Interviewing for TEACH-MS in late February. I believe applicants to these programs are expected to hear back by mid-March--best of luck!

Long time lurker.

I have a friend who received II for first week of April! They were promptly rescheduled for end of March because spots opened up. I'd expect alot of movement around that time as people start to withdraw from schools.

I have a friend who received II for first week of April! They were promptly rescheduled for end of March because spots opened up. I'd expect alot of movement around that time as people start to withdraw from schools.
Thanks for the info! How did they end up rescheduling their interview? Did they just receive an email saying that new spots had opened up or did they contact the admissions office?

II yesterday! Scheduled for first week of April. Was originally on II waitlist

Did folks who received an acceptance get an email later with their student ID? It's been a week and I haven't received that info yet, so I'm wondering whether I'm just overlooking it :help:

EDIT: Admissions office got back saying that it would get sent out once the number is prepared. Got to learn to be more patient :happy:

Last edited:
Do they silent reject post-II? It’s nearing the 4 week mark for me and people from my interview day have already heard back

Do they silent reject post-II? It’s nearing the 4 week mark for me and people from my interview day have already heard back
That is a stressful situation to be in; I'm sorry you have to go through that! I don't think I've ever heard of them doing silent Rs before, although I would need to double check past threads. I remember admissions saying that it takes 2-4 weeks, so if you don't hear back by the 4-week mark I would recommend contacting them.

Has anyone gotten an interview here recently who was not on the II waitlist first? thanks!

Has anyone gotten an interview here recently who was not on the II waitlist first? thanks!
Are you not on the II waitlist? I don't think I am either, but I'm not sure if I missed an email or portal update. When I called admissions two days go they just told me I am still under review.

Are you not on the II waitlist? I don't think I am either, but I'm not sure if I missed an email or portal update. When I called admissions two days go they just told me I am still under review.
Yeah I'm not on it...

Do they accept updates or LOIs if you are waitlisted?
Unfortunately, they don’t accept updates or LOIs at all. Here is the policy they sent me after I sent in an update:

“Update Policy: Admission decisions will be based upon the information contained in the application materials at the time of review. The Admissions Committee does not accept updates from applicants including activities additions/updates, additional letters of recommendation, etc. Note: Substantial changes such as citizenship status or recipient of a nationally recognized award may be review and considered by the admissions committee on a case-by-case basis.”

Anyone know the % of the incoming class usually accepted off the waitlist?

Anyone know the % of the incoming class usually accepted off the waitlist?
I believe they take a good chunk of people off the waitlist!
On my interview day they said half the incoming class came off the waitlist
If that's true then about 50ish people get off a waitlist of around 100? I'm guesstimating numbers based on the above report and also the powerpoint they sent out about their interview day process, which stated that about 100 people get waitlisted. Sounds promising to me!

Submitted my secondary in Aug, and I haven’t heard a peep... super disappointed. But congrats to those who got in I wish you all the best!

Rejected today. Complete in early August. Bummed. Will take a year off and probably apply for the third and final time two cycles from now.

The struggle: First cycle: get an interview at Stanford of all places. This cycle: increased my mcat score by 7 points and no interviews. Next round: maybe third time's the charm?!! gah.

Rejected today. Complete in early August. Bummed. Will take a year off and probably apply for the third and final time two cycles from now.

The struggle: First cycle: get an interview at Stanford of all places. This cycle: increased my mcat score by 7 points and no interviews. Next round: maybe third time's the charm?!! gah.

Whoa how'd you get Stanford and nothing else?

Did your writing or activities change significantly over the past cycle?

Whoa how'd you get Stanford and nothing else?

Did your writing or activities change significantly over the past cycle?
Oh man. I'll never know. It's the greatest mystery of my life. I have good research experience and I think Stanford likes that. All I can think is that they gave me the interview by mistake. That being said, there were a few other people at my interview who said that they only got one II from Stanford and nowhere else. So strange. :(

Oh man. I'll never know. It's the greatest mystery of my life. I have good research experience and I think Stanford likes that. All I can think is that they gave me the interview by mistake. When I got the II, my mom insisted that I call the school to make sure it wasn't a fake email. lolol. That being said, there were a few other people at my interview who said that they only got one II from Stanford and nowhere else. So strange. :( Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself. Best of luck to those still in it.

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear this.

I wonder if it may have been a poor school list.