2018-2019 University of California - Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I heard they were doing MPH or research year.

That makes a lot of sense!

I don't think it's possible for like 60% of the class to have matched when you consider that even the worst schools out there have better matching rates and UCR is leagues above those schools in terms of the quality of step prep and clinicals. Either they are doing a research year or another type of opportunity or those number are not accurate.

Agreed! It threw me off for a second because the link (After four years of hard work, Match Day arrives for UC Riverside medical students) did not mention their match rate only the # of students who matched.

Reactions: 1 user
For former UCR students who applied, do you know when in March the admissions committee is meeting and when we could potentially hear a decision? I interviewed 2/9 and this anticipation is getting to me lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted earlier today! Interviewed 3/9

Reactions: 2 users
The Haider applicants won’t hear anything til “late March when the committee for them gets together.” But the latest Haider applicants can expect to wait is til the end of May. So, we get to live in anticipation from this week til June lol

Does anyone know if all the Haider seats are full?
I believe they are, because there arent any more interview dates, unless some haider applicants dont matriculate. But i think the Haider committee has shifted their attention to the next round of EAP applicants for 2019-2020 admission

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they are, because there arent any more interview dates, unless some haider applicants dont matriculate. But i think the Haider committee has shifted their attention to the next round of EAP applicants for 2019-2020 admission

Can they shift their attention to the waitlisted applicants?

Can they shift their attention to the waitlisted applicants?
Lol i highly doubt there is going to be any waitlist movement until after Aril 15th when people have to start narrowing their acceptances down or April 30th when people narrow it down to one

Just because there are no longer interview dates, does not mean the Haider seats are full. The committee said they would be slow to selecting the Haider applicants. They met mid-March to decide on the second half of Haider applicants that interviewed between January and now, but as far as I'm aware, in the past few weeks there haven't been any waves of acceptances.

Just because there are no longer interview dates, does not mean the Haider seats are full. The committee said they would be slow to selecting the Haider applicants. They met mid-March to decide on the second half of Haider applicants that interviewed between January and now, but as far as I'm aware, in the past few weeks there haven't been any waves of acceptances.
I’m just going based off what I see in the accepted students Facebook page and what I saw at Second Look. From my perspective it was pretty close to the full 24 students not sure if they over admit for Haider as well. It’s all speculation, no need to get mad

I’m just going based off what I see in the accepted students Facebook page and what I saw at Second Look. From my perspective it was pretty close to the full 24 students not sure if they over admit for Haider as well. It’s all speculation, no need to get mad

Can you check if the non-Haider spots are full based of your guesstimation on FB.

Can you check if the non-Haider spots are full based of your guesstimation on FB.
Regardless if they are on the FB page or not, every medical school has to have sent out acceptances to a number of applicants equivalent to their class size. March 15th was that deadline

Have any waitlisted applicants heard back??

“Yeah, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg. Had to kill it with a shovel, took about an hour. Why do you ask?”- Michael Scott

UCR is Michael. I am the deer.

“Yeah, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg. Had to kill it with a shovel, took about an hour. Why do you ask?”- Michael Scott

Does that mean you got rejected? Or are you still getting shoveled? Lol

I’m ded :hilarious:

This is the best comment and also exactly how I feel. I thought after April 30th there might be some good news. Here is to keep on waiting

Does anyone have any information regarding the waitlist recently? Any new acceptances off the waitlist or Haider waitlist?

Does anyone know when they're going to extend acceptances to waitlisted applicants? I have to commit to a school I got into out-of-state by the end of this week and I've been waiting since last year for any word from UCR.

I think we are all in the same position. I haven’t heard any word from them since December and don’t even know if I was waitlisted or rejected. Need to commit to the OOS school by this Friday :l

Hi all,

From the interview, they said that if you hear nothing from them (so no rejection or acceptance) you're on a silent waitlist. I am also on that boat!

Also, their commit to enroll deadline was last Friday, May 31st. They are allowing those who did not respond to them by last Friday to have 2 business days (so today, June 3rd and tomorrow, June 4th) to respond. They said if there is no response, then those who don't say anything will be withdrawn.

I am HOPING that waitlist stuff starts coming out on June 5th, so this Wednesday.

I hope that I answered some questions for you all and good luck! I'll also be freaking out and waiting along with the rest of you!

Reactions: 5 users
When is the latest date an acceptance notice is sent? The MSAR has it for the 2020 cycle but not the 2019 date. Did anyone write it down?

When is the latest date an acceptance notice is sent? The MSAR has it for the 2020 cycle but not the 2019 date. Did anyone write it down?
They have already had their CTE date and assuming everyone dropped their waitlist positions, they are probably done with the waitlist. Then again if someone chooses to defer or just drops out for whatever reason they may go to their waitlist.. They could theoretically pick someone up the day of matriculation

Just got a “we haven’t forgotten about you” email. All hope is not lost!

@Carol_in_HR Did your email provide any other updates? Since we are past the CTE deadline, they have to be aware of how many spots (if any) are left right?

@Carol_in_HR Did your email provide any other updates? Since we are past the CTE deadline, they have to be aware of how many spots (if any) are left right?

None of that info was shared. The email said that they are in the final stages of shaping the incoming class and that I am still on their waitlist. I’m glad I’m still on it but I’m worried that might mean, “If anybody randomly leaves between now and the start of class we’ll give you a call.”

And now my watch begins.

Does anyone know what it means if we didn’t get a “we haven’t forgotten about you email” ?

Does anyone know what it means if we didn’t get a “we haven’t forgotten about you email” ?

I sent a follow up email because I did not receive the “we didn’t forget about you” and they basically said “yeah you’re still on the waitlist”

They start class on August 5th so we got like 7-8 more weeks of waiting yay

I sent a follow up email because I did not receive the “we didn’t forget about you” and they basically said “yeah you’re still on the waitlist”

They start class on August 5th so we got like 7-8 more weeks of waiting yay

Thanks for replying! Is there anyway to see if we actually have a chance of getting off? If I’m at the bottom with no chance I would want to know instead of holding on to hope for the next few months.

Thanks for replying! Is there anyway to see if we actually have a chance of getting off? If I’m at the bottom with no chance I would want to know instead of holding on to hope for the next few months.

To be honest, I’m not 100% sure. I would just maybe either call in or send an email and if you really want to know I guess you’d have to be a little more forward and really ask where they have you ranked/I’d they foresee any movement. (Also idk if they rank their waitlist so can’t even speak to that either LOL) but yeah that’s what I would do!

Has anyone happened to have luck with finding out WL info here? I am CTE'ing to another school today and have yet to hear from this WL

No I havent. And none of the admissions members are reachable by phone...

No I havent. And none of the admissions members are reachable by phone...

Hey! I actually called in a week or two ago. I finally got ahold of someone and she was unclear on if there hadn’t been any waitlist movement at all. However, she told me she doesn’t expect much to happen but said anything can happen.

Basically a very standard response and in conclusion I still have no idea what’s happening.