2018-2019 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The quintessential snarky SDN response.
Lmao i'm not going to lie about it why would i even ask if that was the plan.

Sorry i didn't mean to come across as snarky. Just what I see a lot of adcoms saying about speeding tickets not being an issue unless you make it one. Now that you pointed it out I see it might've come across that way.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry i didn't mean to come across as snarky. Just what I see a lot of adcoms saying about speeding tickets not being an issue unless you make it one. Now that you pointed it out I see it might've come across that way.
Lol all good mayne

II last night, only offered 8/24 as well. Complete 7/31

Members don't see this ad :)
To confirm the interview invite they want a picture with a "natural" facial expression so I can't use the one I have where I am smiling? Also, just letting everyone know that they are very open to rescheduling if you email them right away.

To confirm the interview invite they want a picture with a "natural" facial expression so I can't use the one I have where I am smiling? Also, just letting everyone know that they are very open to rescheduling if you email them right away.
Natural face expression can include smiling. I think they just don’t want any duck face pics lol

II today! Was a little surprised that they only offered one day for it (not to mention a day only 9 days out), but luckily I'm a local so it's no big deal!

520 / 3.84 / Dayton, OH native for what it's worth

Congratulations on your II! Just confirming, does this mean your interview is on the 29th?

Do you guys know if everyone gets a secondary, or if they just send it to students they are interested in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary on 7/26/18. Sent update letter today. Hopefully I hear back soon!

I heard from someone that UC requires 200+ hours of clinical volunteering/ community service and filters out applicants based on that. Can anyone confirm this?
Also does anyone know if they look more at MCAT or GPA when offering interviews?

I heard from someone that UC requires 200+ hours of clinical volunteering/ community service and filters out applicants based on that. Can anyone confirm this?
Also does anyone know if they look more at MCAT or GPA when offering interviews?

I interviewed here this past Tuesday and I have no clinical volunteer / work experience. My community service was listed more as leadership and extracurricular activities rather than service, so unless they classify things differently in their review process than the way you enter them on AMCAS, I'm not sure how true this is. They were very adamant about their holistic review process when I was there, I think they look at the whole picture more than just one part of the application!

Looks like they are interviewing high stats currently.

Omg no way. I had nowhere near that amount when I applied last year

EDIT: current M1 at UCCOM

Reactions: 1 users
i just got an interview with only 150 hours of clinical volunteering (120 at the time of submitting primary and about 30 more since)

For those who already interviewed, what time did the day end? Received a II last night!!

For those who already interviewed, what time did the day end? Received a II last night!!

I believe that there was a morning and an afternoon interview session. I had a morning session, arrived around 7:30 and was out just after 1. Congrats on the II, it's a great school and a fun interview!

Anyone have any luck with rescheduling this interview? I haven't gotten a response yet but I also received the invite at like 9 pm on friday so they may just have not seen the email since it's labor day weekend. Getting a little worried though because mine is currently scheduled for a week from now.

Yeah I rescheduled mine. I got the II around 9 am (Eastern) and emailed them saying I had a conflict around 3 pm. Got a reply at 9 am the next day. You'll be fine, it's a weekend and a holiday.

Good to know! When you rescheduled did they assign you a new date or did they give you options? The only days I'd actually be able to fit in during September are the 20th or 21st so it's gonna suck if they don't have any interviews on those days.

II received today, I was offered a date in late September but decided to withdraw due to interview costs. Best of luck everyone!

II received today, I was offered a date in late September but decided to withdraw due to interview costs. Best of luck everyone!
Sorry to hear that, I really like UCCOM and their interview day explained a lot to me last cycle. Do you mind me asking when you completed their secondary?

II!!!! OOS but really excited, interview is late September and I confirmed the date they offered me

II Today! OOS, Complete mid-july, LM = 77. Very excited that it is in the midwest but also a little bummed they only offer one date, and I may have to miss substantial class time to make it.

II today! Are they open to re-scheduling? I don't think I would be able to interview until the second week of October (offered late Sept date)

Reactions: 2 users
How did you guys approach your secondary essays for Cinci? (Late Cycle guy here)

It's 2000 characters, but their website is kind of sparse on information. I called admissions and they helped a bit but not much.

I know they don't have much of an international program, but their big on service (like their student clinic). Are there any other big draws of UC that you wrote about? Or perhaps writing extensively about the city?

II today! Are they open to re-scheduling? I don't think I would be able to interview until the second week of October (offered late Sept date)
I also had to reschedule a late September date! They offered late October and late November.

How did you guys approach your secondary essays for Cinci? (Late Cycle guy here)

It's 2000 characters, but their website is kind of sparse on information. I called admissions and they helped a bit but not much.

I know they don't have much of an international program, but their big on service (like their student clinic). Are there any other big draws of UC that you wrote about? Or perhaps writing extensively about the city?

Check out the hospitals more. They've got one of the best children's hospitals and some other great facilities and research places. Very easy to write about if you're interested in those.

OOS applicant complete in early july...no response yet. does this school do silent rejections? anyone else in the same boat? worried i might have gotten passed up...

OOS applicant complete in early july...no response yet. does this school do silent rejections? anyone else in the same boat? worried i might have gotten passed up...
+1

Are there any current UCCOM Med students (paying OOS tuition& costs) on this thread? I'm heading there next week and I just now checked the COA for OOS for M2 and M3 and damn near had a heart attack. I know I should probably worry about this stuff with an acceptance in hand first but the possible debt load from here (at least as an OOS student) seems INSANE (370K+). Please help me calm my worries.

Are there any current UCCOM Med students (paying OOS tuition& costs) on this thread? I'm heading there next week and I just now checked the COA for OOS for M2 and M3 and damn near had a heart attack. I know I should probably worry about this stuff with an acceptance in hand first but the possible debt load from here (at least as an OOS student) seems INSANE (370K+). Please help me calm my worries.

I'm not a current student, but I interviewed there about 3 weeks ago and they talked about this in the info sessions. Once you have lived in Ohio for one year you can claim residency. So they said almost all of their M2's are now receiving in-state tuition and fees.

I'm not a current student, but I interviewed there about 3 weeks ago and they talked about this in the info sessions. Once you have lived in Ohio for one year you can claim residency. So they said almost all of their M2's are now receiving in-state tuition and fees.
OK! Also does anyone know how long they take to return with admissons decisions post interview?

I applied in early July and just got an II. (OOS) Keep your hopes up guys theres still a chance!! lol