2018-2019 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got the call! good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Got the call from a student. So blessed and excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!

edit: portal is now updated. Got an email saying that my status changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone's portal updated yet? I'm still waiting for a decision online or via call and I interviewed on the first day.

Last edited:
Accepted!!!! Got the call a couple hours ago and still can't believe I'm officially going to be on the road to MD in the fall like WOW

edit: also my portal is not updated yet!

Reactions: 4 users
Is tier 4 on the alternate list basically a rejection?

Portal updated to show I'm accepted! Didn't get a call from anyone today though.

Reactions: 1 users
Classic "we regret to inform you" letter for me.

Oh well, didn't like MMI anyways :p

So I had to retake my MCAT this Aug so my secondaries got a little delayed. I submitted my secondaries by the first week of Sept. I have a good GPA, decent MCAT and a bunch of ECs. I haven't heard back from Cincinnati and I am starting to get worried. :/ Anyone in the same boat or could give me any advice? Do I have a chance of getting an interview maybe in Nov? I have a friend who applied in Oct last year and she got an interview around Dec. So I am hoping I would hear something in Nov? Also is it possible to pick up any cancellations? I know some other school do that.

Reactions: 2 users
have been wondering the same thing, that's where they put me
Emailed adcoms, they didn't really comment, just said tier 1 is the top of the list and tier 4 is the bottom
Yeah tiers 3 and 4 feel like soft rejects, no word on how many acceptances are pulled from the overall waitlist, I think I'll ask, so unless they accept more than 50 people (assuming there's 25 people in each tier) off the waitlist us Tier 3 and 4 bois are probably toast....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Recently turned down my interview for this school for Oct 31. Good luck y'all.

They explained this at my interview a few days ago. Basically tier 1 is for people who interviewed late and they really want to accept but there are no spots in the class at the moment. Tier 2 is for people who got the majority of votes as alt list and the remainder were more accepts than rejects. Tier 3 is for if you were voted alt list unanimously. Tier 4 is if the majority of votes were alt list but there were more rejects than accepts.

As you can probably tell, there's going to be a lot of people in tier 2, a decent amount in 4, maybe a few in 3, and probably none in 1 right now.

They also said last year they accepted ~30 off the alt list, but the past several years were less than 10.

Do with this info as you will but I hope it clarifies the process a bit.

UNANIMOUS Alt List?? OOF

Beats an R I guess, but I mean, it's basically a soft R so maybe not

So I had to retake my MCAT this Aug so my secondaries got a little delayed. I submitted my secondaries by the first week of Sept. I have a good GPA, decent MCAT and a bunch of ECs. I haven't heard back from Cincinnati and I am starting to get worried. :/ Anyone in the same boat or could give me any advice? Do I have a chance of getting an interview maybe in Nov? I have a friend who applied in Oct last year and she got an interview around Dec. So I am hoping I would hear something in Nov? Also is it possible to pick up any cancellations? I know some other school do that.
I'm in the same boat, hoping to hear back very soon. My secondaries were delayed because I was waiting on an LOR. My GPA and MCAT are on par with Cinci, I have lot's of EC's including major leadership and involvement in a unique one. Also URM. I'd really love to end up here. I haven't heard back from any school except one (R), and my friend who submitted in August has gotten 3 pre-II R's and 1 II so I'm hoping they will get to us within the next few weeks!

Also FYI (for anybody), Cinci averages your MCAT scores. Dont know if its just the latest 2 or if they take all scores into consideration.

Is there a Facebook group for admitted students or is it still too early for that?

Looks like the next calling campaign is next Tuesday(10/30). Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Any advice for interviewing at UCCOM? I have my interview coming up soon and UCCOM is my dream school so I'd like to do as well as possible:)

Is the diversity event the day before the interview required? I'm interviewing on the 31st but won't be able to make it to that event on the 30th...

Sent from my LG-H811 using SDN mobile

Is the diversity event the day before the interview required? I'm interviewing on the 31st but won't be able to make it to that event on the 30th...

Sent from my LG-H811 using SDN mobile
I don’t think it’s required. Seems like a cool opportunity, but if you can’t make it I’m sure it’s fine! Just let them know

I was recently accepted (YAY!!!!). I am curious to hear from current students about their experiences with the school. I absolutely loved the school at my interview, but I would like to hear from people who are currently in school there!

Just got the call! Interviewed early October. Good luck to everyone else

Anybody know if they are planning to have a longer interview season this year or only going into January?

II earlier today. OOS, LM 72-74, complete early/mid-August.

Can anyone discuss their interview experience here? And more generally, does anyone have any tips on how to prep for MMI? I've had other interviews, but this will be my first MMI! Thanks in advance (and congrats to acceptees!!!).
It's not a very stressful day at all. In my opinion, you can't really prepare for their MMI. Just be genuine and be a good listener; treat it like a conversation rather than attempting to prove something.

It's not a very stressful day at all. In my opinion, you can't really prepare for their MMI. Just be genuine and be a good listener; treat it like a conversation rather than attempting to prove something.

I agree with everything said above. Don't try to have set talking points for everything, just be genuine and conversational. They also do a great run-through of how it works and things to avoid that I thought was pretty thorough/helpful. You'll do great!

For those who are accepted, have y'all received the formal acceptance letter via mail yet?

Is there a deposit to pay or any acceptance forms to mail in? I think no but there's not much info on the portal for accepted students.

Is there a deposit to pay or any acceptance forms to mail in? I think no but there's not much info on the portal for accepted students.
I believe you just have to confirm your acceptance on MedOneStop.

I chose UC over two other schools (one in-state) primarily because of the great peds programs, very nice facilities, all around great faculty and staff, "just right" city, and ability to qualify for in-state tuition with a state residency change.

Regarding the MMI, it's not as bad as other schools' MMIs, but be prepared. I didn't know what to expect and sounded like an idiot in a couple stations (still got in tho)
How would you recommend preparing or what in particular should we be prepared for?

Holy cow. I just chose a random name from Norse myth that sounded cool, good to see another one out there!

But anyway, I've attached a screencap of my portal. What does yours look like? Fingers crossed yours says "1 of 4" and you just didn't realize that meant Tier 1, haha.

Haha that's pretty much the exact same thing I did to choose my name! But yes, that's exactly what happened to me - the wording was a bit confusing at first. I'd hoped this was the case, since nobody else seemed to have trouble finding their tier placement, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help!

Anybody know how true it is that UC interviews more in state people closer towards the end of their cycle? Im IS but my stats are barely above the 10% of accepted students so hoping for a long shot

Did anyone send thank you notes? Not sure if I should and, if so, who to send them to.

II this morning! LizzyM 70.5 and IS. They just chose a date and time for me so that's what I get for submitting my secondary near the end of Sept.

I think email is okay. I've actually had schools tell us they prefer emailed thank you letters over physical mail.

For MMI though, did you send a letter to each one of your interviewers? I didn't even remember their names lol.

No, no, hehe, just a general email.

I received an II earlier this week- IS complete late July. Keep on truckin jabronis.

Reactions: 1 users
What are the odds that anyone who interviewed October 31 (exactly 2 weeks ago) will hear anything tomorrow?

What are the odds that anyone who interviewed October 31 (exactly 2 weeks ago) will hear anything tomorrow?
I recall being told 2-4 weeks for a response. I imagine some will hear back tomorrow. Are merit scholarships being offered with admission decisions at this point?

IMG_2396.JPG

They posted this last night.
Got the call 30 mins ago! I'm so excited!!

MFW my phone completely bricks the night before they give acceptance calls. Any ideas when they'll send emails with application updates after the calls?