2018-2019 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't gotten a call yet. Not feeling good about this...

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot to post, but for future SDNers looking back, I got a pre-II R about a week or two ago. OOS, LM 70, complete in Sept.

Members don't see this ad :)
Made an account for this since I've been following this thread for the last month. I received the call today from a student around 10am as well! It was also kentucky area code. Interviewed 12/19. This is my first acceptance so I'm super pumped. Good luck to everyone else waiting!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted this morning! Maybe there is a premed God out there looking out for me. LM72-73 IS

No call, but accepted by portal! Email just said to check portal. 12/19, OOS. Congrats to everyone else

Yes, I was offered a merit scholarship a month after I was accepted at $10K/per year.

I was also recently offered a diversity scholarship for $10K/per year. The offer letter says this is the highest amount. However, Dr. Mallory said that the scholarship could increase depending on "how much money goes back into the pot" (i.e. after people decline acceptances.)

Were the notifications for these scholarships sent via your financial aid award or in separate emails? Congrats, btw!

Accepted today! Anyone know if we have to do anything to accept our offered acceptance? I was expecting some kind of button in the portal or something, but I'm not seeing anything.

Accepted today! Anyone know if we have to do anything to accept our offered acceptance? I was expecting some kind of button in the portal or something, but I'm not seeing anything.
Go to app status in Portal then there's a links t the top!:)

Reactions: 1 user
For those who were accepted, did you submit a letter of intent post-interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Were the notifications for these scholarships sent via your financial aid award or in separate emails? Congrats, btw!

Thanks! And nope, these were separate emails/phone calls.

Did anyone apply for the UC Long-term loan? Seems like it is the better option when compared to Gradplus loans

Did anyone apply for the UC Long-term loan? Seems like it is the better option when compared to Gradplus loans

I did. But the loan is capped at $5,000/year I believe whereas there is no cap for GradPlus Loans.

Can any current students comment on where students mostly live? Would a drive from Norwood or St. Bernard be too far?

Can any current students comment on where students mostly live? Would a drive from Norwood or St. Bernard be too far?

Hi all- current M1 at UCCOM here, not affiliated with adcom but open for questions!

FIRST OF ALL CONGRATULATIONS!!

Masterthinker- Norwood is pretty far from the school, and the highways get bad at 7:30/8ish. If you are a lecturer-goer, this is pretty annoying and I know people who have chosen to move closer after having to drive so far everyday. I also know some people who do the long drive, but the majority of them have families/spouses, and wanted to live in a residential suburb. Most students live in Avondale/Clifton/OTR area for the duration of the 4 years, and it's a pretty decent, affordable area. I would recommend CMC properties as they have been great landlords.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all- current M1 at UCCOM here, not affiliated with adcom but open for questions!

FIRST OF ALL CONGRATULATIONS!!

Masterthinker- Norwood is pretty far from the school, and the highways get bad at 7:30/8ish. If you are a lecturer-goer, this is pretty annoying and I know people who have chosen to move closer after having to drive so far everyday. I also know some people who do the long drive, but the majority of them have families/spouses, and wanted to live in a residential suburb. Most students live in Avondale/Clifton/OTR area for the duration of the 4 years, and it's a pretty decent, affordable area. I would recommend CMC properties as they have been great landlords.
Thanks! I will try to find somewhere closer and take a look at the places you mentioned. Would you say most students go to campus every day of the week for other mandatory activities? Obviously M3/M4 will virtually live at the campus but what about M1/M2s?

Anyone get admitted after feeling like they bombed their MMI?

Anyone get admitted after feeling like they bombed their MMI?

Me! I cried on the phone with my mom on the way back to the airport....

Thanks! I will try to find somewhere closer and take a look at the places you mentioned. Would you say most students go to campus every day of the week for other mandatory activities? Obviously M3/M4 will virtually live at the campus but what about M1/M2s?

I would say no. At this point in the year, we have started organ blocks, and there are maybe a core group of 30/180 people who go to morning lecture everyday. I have not been to a required lecture since orientation, and I still do very well on my weekly/biweeklies, so it is absolutely not a deal breaker. In this block, I have found myself having 1-2 day/week off where I just stay at home and study or cook or hang out with the cats (usually Wed and every other Monday). That being said, you build strong enough relationships with your peers that if you want a study-buddy, you just text someone, and meet somewhere. The M3/4s are on site every day, but they also get off at 4p and go home and watch Netflix some days, so trade-off...

Only 3 more days until 5 weekssss...I'm gonneh loosih

Can't lie, I'm expecting them to come out after that but pls, lol

Only 3 more days until 5 weekssss...I'm gonneh loosih

Can't lie, I'm expecting them to come out after that but pls, lol
I'm getting vibes for Tuesday. They seem to like Tuesdays. I like Tuesdays. Please, please let it be Tuesday.

1/08 here feeling stressed lol. Any 12/19 peeps get waitlisted? Doesn’t look like anyone has said so yet

Just withdrew from Cincinnati off a Tier 2 waitlist, good luck to those waiting.

1/08 here feeling stressed lol. Any 12/19 peeps get waitlisted? Doesn’t look like anyone has said so yet

They just had their admissions committee meeting about this interview date (1/8) today! Best of luck :)

They just had their admissions committee meeting about this interview date (1/8) today! Best of luck :)
Thanks for the info! If their trends are consistent then I’m thinking tomorrow morning might be the time they contact us. Good luck and godspeed everyone !!

I talked to admissions today, and they said it really depends on the year. One year that had only 1 person and one year they had 50.

Yeah i heard this on my interview day. The year they had a lot of offers was because they expanded their class size that year, but they don't expect it to grow any time soon

Hoping for a miracle tmr. Good luck everyone!

See ya next week, Team 1/08:
20190212_071937.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Just accepted a few min ago via email to check portal

EDIT: call too

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Alternate list tier 3
Can someone explain the tiers and odds of getting in? I remember them talking about it during interview day, but still unclear. I remember them talking about tier 1 not existing?

Tier 2 AL. Guess it isn’t so bad. Wonder how many people they accept off the AL after April 30.

Alternate list tier 3
Can someone explain the tiers and odds of getting in? I remember them talking about it during interview day, but still unclear. I remember them talking about tier 1 not existing?

I am not sure about tier 3, but in previous years, there were quite a bit of movement off tier 2. During my interview day, they said there is no tier 1. Good luck!

Alternate List...Tier 1? I thought it doesn't exist!

Last edited:
I am not sure about tier 3, but in previous years, there were quite a bit of movement off tier 2. During my interview day, they said there is no tier 1. Good luck!
I wonder if the new traffic rules means most people won’t be pulled of the WL until after April 30
Alternate List...Tier 1? I though it doesn't exist!
Well technically the tier is that you would be accepted, except their class is full at that moment, at least as far as I recall. Basically a guaranteed acceptance which is why it's usually never used as they don't fill their class during the interview cycle.

Alternate list tier 3

From what I recall on interview day...
Tier 1: More "accept" votes than anything else. Would be accepted if had been earlier in interview season. (Has not happened for a few years.)
Tier 2: More "alternate list" than "accept" votes.
Tier 3: Unanimous "alternate list" vote
Tier 4: More "alternate list" than "reject" votes

Sorry I can't tell you more about the odds.

EDIT: Guess Tier 1 happened this year. Weird. I bet that after Feb 19 (first day can "plan to enroll" on AMCAS) you'll get in! @cafedisco

Last edited:
From what I recall on interview day...
Tier 1: More "accept" votes than anything else. Would be accepted if had been earlier in interview season. (Has not happened for a few years.)
Tier 2: More "alternate list" than "accept" votes.
Tier 3: Unanimous "alternate list" vote
Tier 4: More "alternate list" than "reject" votes

Sorry I can't tell you more about the odds.

EDIT: Guess Tier 1 happened this year. Weird. I bet that after Feb 19 (first day can commit to enroll on AMCAS) you'll get in! @cafedisco

Thanks, I hope so! I really thought I read it wrong at first. Tier 1: Narnia.

Alternate List...Tier 1? I though it doesn't exist!

Interesting.... I would say you have a REALLY good shot of getting off it. They just didnt accept you outright because of the lack of the multiple accpetance report and are being cautious about accidentally overfilling the class.

I haven't received an email yet. I checked my portal and it doesn't show anything. Hmm.

Does anyone know what's going on? They tweeted that the results would be released next Tuesday, but some people got early decisions and then they decided to delete the tweet.

If your alternate list tier ranking changes will you be notified?

Does anyone know what's going on? They tweeted that the results would be released next Tuesday, but some people got early decisions and then they decided to delete the tweet.
I would just give them a call. They edited their Instagram post to say decisions went out on Tuesday, but since they couldn't edit the tweet, they had to take it down.