2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Check the online portal. They have updated statuses!!
What does your updated status say, if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed oct 2 and my status has been the same since i applied - "forwarded to committee"

Mid September. If you interviewed at that time and don’t have anything on the portal there’s a good chance you will get an acceptance email on Friday
Yeah a good chance one gets accepted or rejected but not deferred. Given the statistics we were given during the interview, I'd say Jay is making an assumption that one is most likely to get accepted given one did not mess up on the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone asked about the “forwarded to the screening committee” status? i am dying

Reactions: 2 users
People who interviewed: did your status change from "forwarded ..." to "under consideration..." before, or right when, you received your II?

Are there people who have interviewed that still only have the "forwarded..." line?

People who interviewed: did your status change from "forwarded ..." to "under consideration..." before, or right when, you received your II?

Are there people who have interviewed that still only have the "forwarded..." line?

Interviewed 12/03, saw that I was switched to "Forwarded to admissions committee" at least 1 day after (checked 12/04) but I'm unsure if it changed at all when I received my II

Interviewed 12/03, saw that I was switched to "Forwarded to admissions committee" at least 1 day after (checked 12/04) but I'm unsure if it changed at all when I received my II
It's doesn't say "under consideration" right now?

I think the whole "status" thing is smoke and mirrors and doesn't really mean anything. I think most people who interviewed through mid-November will hear back tomorrow, December 14. That's what they said at my interview.
On one hand I am excited to know that I will most likely hear back tomorrow, but on the other hand I am completed terrified to actually find out. This is my top choice :D

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On one hand I am excited to know that I will most likely hear back tomorrow, but on the other hand I am completed terrified to actually find out. This is my top choice :D
We're on the same boat. I'm so scared

Does anyone know how difficult it is to obtain an OOS scholarship here? As it stands, the tuition of 90k+ is unreasonable for me, although I loved my interview day here.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to obtain an OOS scholarship here? As it stands, the tuition of 90k+ is unreasonable for me, although I loved my interview day here.

During my visit, I was told less than 10 students will get OOS scholarships per year. 127k cost of attendance is pretty rough. Love the school but we will see.

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea when emails will be sent/portal will be updated tomorrow? Not trying to be surprised by it...

Any idea when emails will be sent/portal will be updated tomorrow? Not trying to be surprised by it...
The last time they sent acceptance emails was around 5pm central time. So maybe around then?

It’s too early to be refreshing my email every 5 seconds :(

Reactions: 7 users
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear today! Hope you all get good news.

For those who have already heard back, has anyone gotten their letter in the mail yet or any additional information besides the original acceptance email/portal updates?

I kind of just want to call and ask if we actually are getting decisions today but I’m too chicken

Reactions: 4 users
The admissions office lady said that it takes time because the offers have to be entered in manually, but to just keep checking the online portal. I asked if they were all going to be sent out today and she said "hopefully". So I'm guessing most people will get offers by the end of the day today with perhaps some carrying over to next week.

Guess I'll go back to neurotically refreshing my email and portal now lol

Reactions: 12 users
The admissions office lady said that it takes time because the offers have to be entered in manually, but to just keep checking the online portal. I asked if they were all going to be sent out today and she said "hopefully". So I'm guessing most people will get offers by the end of the day today with perhaps some carrying over to next week.

Hopefully it's not alphabetical..:unsure:

you're the best! i wish i could give you an acceptance myself

You are the true hero. Wish you the best this cycle!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!! Updated on the portal but haven’t gotten an email yet.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else in silence? I'm sure more than one person on SDN would have been accepted today

If they told us all December 14th and aren't sending out any decisions today, that would be...something.

Reactions: 8 users
No email, no portal update. Interviewed late October.

If they told us all December 14th and aren't sending out any decisions today, that would be...something.
What time does the admissions office close today? Would the emails continue tomorrow or would we have to wait until Monday