2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The admissions office lady said that it takes time because the offers have to be entered in manually, but to just keep checking the online portal. I asked if they were all going to be sent out today and she said "hopefully". So I'm guessing most people will get offers by the end of the day today with perhaps some carrying over to next week.

Guess I'll go back to neurotically refreshing my email and portal now lol
Did admissions give you any idea when people would hear if not today?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got so hype for this day to finally come and then....nothing

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed late September and no update change on the portal....Was anxious the whole day. Did not think it will hit me this hard, but the fact that this was my only II so far makes me feel horrified of what is to come at the end of this tunnel. I will now prepare myself to feel butterflies for n number of days until I see a change on portal/ receive an email from the admissions. I am sure everyone else is feeling this way, so cheering and praying for ALL of us. We are in this TOGETHER.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed late September and no update change on the portal....Was anxious the whole day. Did not think it will hit me this hard, but the fact that this was my only II so far makes me feel horrified of what is to come at the end of this tunnel. I will now prepare myself to feel butterflies for n number of days until I see a change on portal/ receive an email from the admissions. I am sure everyone else is feeling this way, so cheering and praying for ALL of us. We are in this TOGETHER.
so Far I saw one acceptance from SDN, anyone else got accepted today?

For everyone who has already interviewed, do your portals still say "your application has been forwarded to the admissions committee?"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys think the admissions office is working today? just trying to gauge how often i should refresh the portal.. from every 5 sec to every 15 sec perhaps?

Reactions: 2 users
No news is good news, folks. Obviously the university nixed the 12/15 mass-decision plan, and that sucks that we all mischanneled our neuroticism. But screw it, we all still have the same ~80ish% chance of a post-II acceptance. Good news will come when it comes. Have a great holiday everybody :cool:

Reactions: 7 users
No news is good news, folks. Obviously the university nixed the 12/15 mass-decision plan, and that sucks that we all mischanneled our neuroticism. But screw it, we all still have the same ~80ish% chance of a post-II acceptance. Good news will come when it comes. Have a great holiday everybody :cool:
Good luck to you all! How do you know there is a 80% change of a post-II acceptance?

do we think decisions could possibly come out tomorrow?

Reactions: 1 user
My goal is to only check my portal and SDN once every hour today lol, I was checking every 10 minutes on Friday and getting disappointed each time

Reactions: 4 users
Just got off the phone with the admissions office. They said that some decisions went out on Friday and they are continuing to add decisions to the portal. They said to keep checking portal and email.
Thanks for calling!!

Do we know if everyone is getting decisions, even if it is waitlist or reject? Or are only acceptances going out?

Just called admissions and asked directly if we could expect the rest of the decisions to go out today. She reiterated that they're entering decisions manually and decisions may be going out through the end of the week, so don't get your hopes too high for news today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

This is like, commitment to not telling us anything by the timeline they told ALL their interviewee's to expect. Lol.

This is like, commitment to not telling us anything by the timeline they told ALL their interviewee's to expect. Lol.
But there’s still a chance it will come today which means we will all keep neurotically refreshing our emails.

I interviewed on one of the earlier dates and I was told me they'd get back to me mid-October... haven't heard back since :(

I’ve looked at last years thread before and I’m pretty sure they did this exact same thing to applicants last year

So by analyzing last year's thread, I'm going to make the assumption that we will hear back this Thursday so I don't drive myself crazy.

Last edited:
Well, for some perspective, you could be in the same shoes as the many of us that have not heard a peep about an interview invite :cool:

Reactions: 7 users
I called again... so they do work until Friday. Only 3.5 more days of torture!

Is anyone else imagining some poor minimum wage intern using two fingers to type out each interviewee's complete name and contact information into some sort of portal manager that crashes every 30 seconds?

Because that's the only way I can possibly envision it taking this long to "manually enter" decisions :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed several weeks ago and just got an email stating I've been placed on Deferred Decision status. Have any current students been in this predicament? I honestly thought my interview day went well.
Have you received any info since this deferred decision? What does your portal say?

Was there confirmation that all decisions would be posted Friday the latest or is this just speculation?

She just said that they are trying to get everything in by Friday but they have "no idea" about what day most of the decisions will be posted, and to just keep checking the portal and email.

She just said that they are trying to get everything in by Friday but they have "no idea" about what day most of the decisions will be posted, and to just keep checking the portal and email.
did they say if the date you find out has anything to do with acceptance/deferral? It seems like only one person found out on the actual day they told us and were accepted... hoping this doesn't mean everyone who is accepted heard already

just wondering if anyone else got any decision since last Friday? it seems like the individual decision comes out as soon as they manually enter in. I don't think they would spent 3 whole days to get one decision out.