2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!! 1st of the cycle, interviewed in September. So pumped!!
congrats you deserve it!!! so great to hear

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Called last Thursday and they told me to call again if I didn't hear by Friday at 5pm. I feel like the official waitlist may actually be coming finally.

Called last Thursday and they told me to call again if I didn't hear by Friday at 5pm. I feel like the official waitlist may actually be coming finally.

I've given up on UIC's news. Just pretending it doesn't even exist

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked my portal - went from deferred to accepted! What a dream come true.

Reactions: 6 users
Assigned to Peoria campus! I figured this would happen, since I am from Peoria.
Hey is there a Facebook page or something for the Peoria campus? I haven't been assigned a campus, but I am from around Peoria and strongly assume that is where I will be placed.

Reactions: 1 users
Just checked my portal - went from deferred to accepted! What a dream come true.
Did you check Friday? (AKA did this update come out today or is it possible you just missed it on Friday?)

Did you check Friday? (AKA did this update come out today or is it possible you just missed it on Friday?)
I don't recall honestly, haha. I'd given up on checking as frequently. I know I did check earlier in the week.

How long on average does campus assignment take? Keeping fingers crossed for Chicago as it's close to home.

How long on average does campus assignment take? Keeping fingers crossed for Chicago as it's close to home.

So I found out about 10 days after my acceptance, but I had to contact admissions so that my portal would reflect my campus.

So I found out about 10 days after my acceptance, but I had to contact admissions so that my portal would reflect my campus.
Great, thanks! And I'm guessing there's nothing I should be doing since you have to wait for campus assignment before doing castlebranch, right?

Great, thanks! And I'm guessing there's nothing I should be doing since you have to wait for campus assignment before doing castlebranch, right?

Correct! You could setup your fingerprinting to do the background check in the meantime. Also, check and make sure that you have all your vaccines, including titers for Hep B, Varicella, and MMR (per Castle Branch).

Correct! You could setup your fingerprinting to do the background check in the meantime. Also, check and make sure that you have all your vaccines, including titers for Hep B, Varicella, and MMR (per Castle Branch).
Thanks! All set with titers.

Got assigned to Chicago today!!! I didn't get an email...I checked my portal just now and saw it was in there.

Contacted the admissions office about the CTE deadline, it’s 7/1/19 in case anyone wanted to know

This was probably answered before - but does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back regarding campus assignment. Additionally, how long after receiving an acceptance do they contact you about scholarships/financial aid offers?

This was probably answered before - but does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back regarding campus assignment. Additionally, how long after receiving an acceptance do they contact you about scholarships/financial aid offers?

N = 1 but I was accepted Friday night and had my campus assignment by Monday morning. I haven’t received a financial aid package yet so not sure how long that will be

Thank you! Do we need to submit immunization record and proof of graduation prior to receiving campus placement?

Got placed in Rockford my third choice... though I’m interviewing for UMED this week so hopefully I get a chance to be in Chicago.. but if not, any insights on the campus at Rockford? I’m from Peoria originally so I figured if not Chicago they would probably end up placing me there, but who knows what happened lol

Got placed in Rockford my third choice... though I’m interviewing for UMED this week so hopefully I get a chance to be in Chicago.. but if not, any insights on the campus at Rockford? I’m from Peoria originally so I figured if not Chicago they would probably end up placing me there, but who knows what happened lol
Also I’m pretty sure my chances of appealing for new location are slim to none being that I got in two weeks ago.

Has anyone received financial aid package from UIC? Do they provide any type of scholarships to students or is it all loans?

Has anyone received financial aid package from UIC? Do they provide any type of scholarships to students or is it all loans?

I have received email regarding scholarship last month but haven’t received actual finaid package in the mail yet.

I was also wondering if there are any actions I should be taking besides FAFSA since I haven’t received any specific directions yet. I’m not sure if I should be starting on my studentloans app or not.

If i'm still deferred as an OOS (and therefore preferred chicago), what are my chances now??

Hey is there a Facebook page or something for the Peoria campus? I haven't been assigned a campus, but I am from around Peoria and strongly assume that is where I will be placed.
No Facebook page for the Peoria campus yet (that I know of)

Accepted earlier this week, does anyone know if Chicago campus is full? Would prefer to be there. Also how long does it take to get campus preference? 2 weeks?

For those who are accepted, did status pages always update to "deferred" before acceptance or anyone go straight from "forwarded to admissions" to accepted?

For those who are accepted, did status pages always update to "deferred" before acceptance or anyone go straight from "forwarded to admissions" to accepted?
I went straight from forwarded to admissions--> accepted

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted earlier this week, does anyone know if Chicago campus is full? Would prefer to be there. Also how long does it take to get campus preference? 2 weeks?
I was reassigned to Chicago because of UMED! I know a few people who were accepted late that got into Chicago without being in a longitudinal program.

Is there a page with more information on acceptance procedures? I was accepted last week and have my campus placement already but haven’t recieved an email with more detailed information on immunizations, proof of graduation, etc.

Is there a page with more information on acceptance procedures? I was accepted last week and have my campus placement already but haven’t recieved an email with more detailed information on immunizations, proof of graduation, etc.
They’ll send you an email with all that stuff shortly!

So with the last committee meeting supposedly being today, hopefully this will be the last day of "forwarded to the admissions committee" purgatory.

I hope so too. But won’t hold my breath for this since having an expectation hurts

Accepted tonight. Out of habit, neuroticism, or just plain randomness I decided to check at 9:45 pm and the dreadful, even sickening status of “your application has been forwarded to the admission committee” finally changed to “congratulations...”. Can’t even explain in words the feeling that came with reading that word.

First acceptance of the cycle. Everyone that’s still in limbo, all I can say is to continue to have hope. I interviewed on September 17th, and my status didn’t change in the past 8 months until today. Not by 5pm, not even at 8pm, but at 9:45 it finally did and that’s all that matters. Keep your head up!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted tonight. Out of habit, neuroticism, or just plain randomness I decided to check at 9:45 pm and the dreadful, even sickening status of “your application has been forwarded to the admission committee” finally changed to “congratulations...”. Can’t even explain in words the feeling that came with reading that word.

First acceptance of the cycle. Everyone that’s still in limbo, all I can say is to continue to have hope. I interviewed on September 17th, and my status didn’t change in the past 8 months until today. Not by 5pm, not even at 8pm, but at 9:45 it finally did and that’s all that matters. Keep your head up!
Feels like you got the last acceptance of them all, honestly.

Has anyone received the Dean's Scholarships? Is it something that we apply for after we are actually enrolled to the school?

The out-of-state tuition for UIC is crazy... :/