1e4

Apr 8, 2018
Since people are getting random acceptances between adcom meetings, I thought I'd ask: when they meet again on May 16th, are they just ranking the waitlisted applicants or do they have plans to continue giving out acceptances?

May 7, 2019
Also, is there any way for us to know if they will be releasing more acceptances before the May 17th meeting?

BasedKahuna

5+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Possibly a stupid question, but on the portal, if we select “I would like to accept my offer of admission to UIC COM, and I am seriously considering attending. I am continuing to pursue my candidacy at other schools as an alternate, but I do not currently have other admissions offers.” instead of the “100% confidence” option below it, our acceptances can’t be withdrawn, right?

Reactions: VikMed1790
Jan 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Possibly a stupid question, but on the portal, if we select “I would like to accept my offer of admission to UIC COM, and I am seriously considering attending. I am continuing to pursue my candidacy at other schools as an alternate, but I do not currently have other admissions offers.” instead of the “100% confidence” option below it, our acceptances can’t be withdrawn, right?
I'm pretty positive they'd be in BIG trouble with the AAMC if they redacted acceptances based on if you wanted to pursue other options or not. The whole med schools using admissions data from other schools "against" applicants was why they changed the rules and blinded them anyway.

Jan 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Schools can’t withdraw acceptances unless you did something terrible. I’m sure the paranoia is real after waiting so long but you guys are in lol
The paranoia is real though - I'm scared to withdraw my DO acceptance. UIC admissions has pulled a lot of shenanigans this cycle and I just don't fully trust them to not say, "Oopsies, we made a mistake."

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if SPP students have access to a gym?
I think that's something you would have to ask the SPP program director person about to be sure, but generally students of the university have the gym membership rolled into their tuition. So, if you're paying tuition, they'll almost certainly let you use the gym.

Dec 11, 2018
Hey guys, just wanted to give an update for the UMED hopefuls. I was offered an invitation to interview for the program today, so it looks like there’s been more movement because the program was previously full! If you were offered a late acceptance like me, I encourage you to reach out to these longitudinal programs if you’re still interested!

sherlock_obsessed_m&m

High-Functioning Sociopath
Apr 16, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hey everyone! I interviewed December 10th and after a long wait I was accepted in the same batch as those on Monday (around 5pm CST). The wait actually gave me a lot of time to think so I'm going to withdraw my application in favor of one of my other acceptances. Here's to hoping the acceptance goes to one of you lovely folks!

Side note: Does anyone know how to withdraw your application?

Nov 1, 2017
Hey everyone! I interviewed December 10th and after a long wait I was accepted in the same batch as those on Monday (around 5pm CST). The wait actually gave me a lot of time to think so I'm going to withdraw my application in favor of one of my other acceptances. Here's to hoping the acceptance goes to one of you lovely folks!

Side note: Does anyone know how to withdraw your application?
i would either email admissions/ Leilia or call admissions!

Feb 15, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Has anyone who has been accepted into a campus specific program had their portal change location yet?
For me, the portal hadn't changed for 2+ weeks so I asked the graduate assistant 2 days ago (Tuesday night). She emailed someone in admissions, and the portal changed to Chicago today!

Reactions: TensorFasciaLata
Feb 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For me, the portal hadn't changed for 2+ weeks so I asked the graduate assistant 2 days ago (Tuesday night). She emailed someone in admissions, and the portal changed to Chicago today!
Thanks! What was the email for the graduate assistant? Mine hasn’t changed yet haha

Reactions: mmgrit35

1e4

Apr 8, 2018
Called last Thursday and they told me to call again if I didn't hear by Friday at 5pm. I feel like the official waitlist may actually be coming finally.