2018-2019 University of Massachussetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ii to PURCH track!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
does everyone have a green check for the "under consideration" box? i didn't notice it until just now and dont know whether it means anything

does everyone have a green check for the "under consideration" box? i didn't notice it until just now and dont know whether it means anything

I think everyone gets that once their app is "complete"

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite just now. LM 76. But their interview date is the same day as another interview I have. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Interview invite just now. LM 76. But their interview date is the same day as another interview I have. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Yeah I just e-mailed them and asked for another date and they were quick to accommodate.

congrats man. when were you complete?

Did anyone else get an email thanking them for interviewing, and that they looked over your application and a final decision has not been made but you're still under active consideration? It was confusing

II today for PURCH !! LM 70, NH res, complete 8/8

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What are cheap hotel options in the Worcester area?

Yeah I got the same email. I'm super confused since at the interview they said they wouldn't send out any emails about status changes until after October 15th? I may call just to see if it was an automated thing, which I suspect.

Did you end up calling them?

hey guys, if you post that you got an interview, please also put your complete date/LM if possible to save space!

Any tips on the interview here? Is the MMI in the morning or afternoon?

I've been backed up with many secondaries, is it worth submitting my secondary here if I've had it for about 5 weeks? OOS LM 72

Hey guys,

Do you think a 505 MCAT is too low for this school? I am in state. I have a MS too. And do they do silent rejections?

Hey guys,

Do you think a 505 MCAT is too low for this school? I am in state. I have a MS too. And do they do silent rejections?

It depends on what the rest of your application looks like. UMass does a thorough review of every applicant and does not focus on a single number. As the cycle goes on, people here will be complaining about how long it takes to get a decision, but in my opinion they do a fantastic job at assembling a class.

Does anyone have any idea how often UMMS sends out interview invites? I am trying to get a sense of whether they get sent out weekly/rolling/biweekly...etc...

Reactions: 2 users
for the MMI, are any stations more like a traditional interview w/ open file?

for the MMI, are any stations more like a traditional interview w/ open file?
Hi 603, they have a traditional interview station mixed in with the scenarios.

Hey guys,

Hi pup, I don't believe they do silent rejections. I have found UMMS to have a very professional and engaged admissions department, and it is my opinion that silent rejections are anything but professional.

Hey guys,

i hope it isnt too low for the both of us!:laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
i hope it isnt too low for the both of us!:laugh:
Haha I hope so too. That test is brutal and I would hate to have to re-take it :p. I hope the IS helps a little :D(or a lot) lol.

heart in my throat when i got an email from admissions today but it was just my residency validation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heart in my throat when i got an email from admissions today but it was just my residency validation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for me, it's heart in my feet (it doesn't make any sense, I know)

Just got an II today! Complete date is 7/16 and LM is 73.2. Not URM or any disadvantaged status.

Anyone know how long after the interview they tell you your result (accepted, rejected or waitlist)? I tried to find that online but no luck.

Just got an II today! Complete date is 7/16 and LM is 73.2. Not URM or any disadvantaged status.

Anyone know how long after the interview they tell you your result (accepted, rejected or waitlist)? I tried to find that online but no luck.
congrats!! I'm not sure but I think they'll tell you at the interview?

earliest they said would be around 2 weeks after

II earlier today. IS. Complete late July

Reactions: 2 users
II today! OOS. Complete 8/13, and LM is 71.1

For those who interviewed, do you mind PMing me?

II last friday! OOS and complete 8/10. Would love any tips for the interview!

Accepted! Interviewed Aug 21st.
My portal has updated, but I still haven't gotten an email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED! First acceptance, so happy that my future is no longer uncertain!!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted for MD/PhD!!!!
Interviewed 9/24

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else receive an additonal email from the associate dean of admissions with his contact info? Just trying to gauge if that's a normal thing they send to everyone.

II here late this afternoon!! 516 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, OOS. Complete 8/14. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in the area?

II here late this afternoon!! 516 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, OOS. Complete 8/14. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in the area?
AC Hotel Worcester is very nice and modern. It's also attached to a restaurant if you want a quick bite.

Does anyone have any insight as to what the prospects are for an acceptance following the "your application remains under active consideration" email? I interviewed middle of September and just got that email.