2018-2019 University of Massachussetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interviewed 10/2 and received an email today that I'm still in review

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
R this morning. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 10/2 and received an email today that I'm still in review
I interviewed in September (over a month ago) and haven't heard anything. Think I should contact admissions and ask for update about whether I'm still being considered?

I interviewed in September (over a month ago) and haven't heard anything. Think I should contact admissions and ask for update about whether I'm still being considered?
i interviewed early sept too. just waiting. i sent an update email but no response. if you do send lmk what they say! i have a feeling we ll hear soon

Does anybody know if they've given out most of their interviews already?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know if they've given out most of their interviews already?
Hi Doc,
They will keep interviewing through early next year if they follow the same pattern they had last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
That might be a good idea! They said they would give updates after 2 weeks

R pre-interview. IS 70 LM. Good luck to you all left in the running!

R pre-interview. IS 70 LM. Good luck to you all left in the running!

Wow. Sorry man. You have great stats and I'm sure you'll get love elsewhere. When were you complete?

Reactions: 2 users
R, interviewed mid September, IS, LM = 73. 3+ years research. Non-trad. Smoked.

Good luck to the rest of you

Any OOS acceptances so far?

just Rejected. In State too.

Am i just really bad at the MMI?

LizzyM 75. non trad. research. pubs. 150 hours clinical. 1400+ non clinical volunteering. feelsbadman

Any other In-staters still waiting on an interview?? Getting discouraged since I have about 6 rejections and no interviews yet :(

Reactions: 4 users
Any other In-staters still waiting on an interview?? Getting discouraged since I have about 6 rejections and no interviews yet :(

me! hoping i hear something soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting (also same amount of R's)

Hoping we hear one way or the other before Tgiving :confused:

Same because right now it's looking like I won't be getting in this cycle :( :(

Still have some time. Historically, I've read that Umass is much slower than other schools in making decisions, which is a good thing since they thoroughly evaluate each app.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who’ve had any movement from adcoms here, did you get an email because this is the least user friendly portal I’ve used. (Read: if they don’t send me an email, I will never find out)

For those of you who’ve had any movement from adcoms here, did you get an email because this is the least user friendly portal I’ve used. (Read: if they don’t send me an email, I will never find out)
Hi Detective,
They will send you an email. Sometimes it can take a while depending on where you are in the process.

All quiet on the UMass front this week :singing:

After interview, what is the typical amount of time it takes umass to send an email saying that you are still under consideration etc.?

After interview, what is the typical amount of time it takes umass to send an email saying that you are still under consideration etc.?

I got an "under active consideration" email exactly one month after the interview (I on 9/17/18; email on 10/17/18). If it means anything, this is my second app cycle. UMass interviewed me last year as well but didn't get an update email until 4 MONTHS later (I around 9/25/17; email around 1/15/18).

I got an "under active consideration" email exactly one month after the interview (I on 9/17/18; email on 10/17/18). If it means anything, this is my second app cycle. UMass interviewed me last year as well but didn't get an update email until 4 MONTHS later (I around 9/25/17; email around 1/15/18).

So is under active consideration a good sign maybe?

We were told that we should expect to hear back every two weeks. I was wondering if I should contact them after I hit three weeks?

So is under active consideration a good sign maybe?

I guess it depends on your definition of "good". It's certainly better than a rejection but it means that they've looked over your full app and aren't willing to accept you outright based on the pool you were compared with. From my understanding they just insert you into the next round of deliberations. If there's anything you can update them with that's of significance, I think now would be the time to do it, so that your app looks better compared to the next pool. I think based on what apindian said, we can assume he didn't get in after the "under active consideration" message but I'm not exactly sure how many do or what percentage does.

II this morning!!!! First one of the season!! Complete 10/15 IS LM 65

Reactions: 3 users
Any in-staters complete August or earlier still waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 3 users