2018-2019 University of Massachussetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone. I was accepted yesterday, and this was my second application cycle. My main application was submitted May 31, and my secondary was done by July 10. I am IS, LizzyM 67, 3.63 GPA, 510 MCAT. I am currently taking one gap year to work in the medical field. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I was accepted yesterday, and this was my second application cycle. My main application was submitted May 31, and my secondary was done by July 10. I am IS, LizzyM 67, 3.63 GPA, 510 MCAT. I am currently taking one gap year to work in the medical field. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! What day did you interview, and did you receive the "active consideration" email prior to this acceptance?

Hi Bio, thank you very much. I interviewed on Sept 13, but I applied as early decision. On Sept 24, I received an email stating that I wasn't accepted as early decision, but that I would now be considered with the main applicant pool. I did not have any email updates since that time until I received the acceptance yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users

Ayyy there you go! Congratulations!

Does anyone have an idea as to when UMass sends out the last batch of IIs?

Reactions: 1 users
Got the under consideration email yesterday and interviewed 12/19. Anyone else from this date get that email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II rejection via email just now. IS, LM 80+

:bang:

I also received a pre-II R today
IS, ORM, complete mid-July, LM 68

Does anyone know how frequently the adcom meets?

Does anyone know how frequently the adcom meets?

They said every two weeks at my interview! They meet more frequently later in the cycle

Hey all, interviewed 1/11 and just got the “still under consideration” email. Does anyone have insight into what this means for chances, do a fair amount of people still receive acceptances after?

Hey all, interviewed 1/11 and just got the “still under consideration” email. Does anyone have insight into what this means for chances, do a fair amount of people still receive acceptances after?

At my interview, it seemed as though they emailed applicants two weeks after their interview date to let them know they were still reviewing their application and had not made a decision yet. It seems like for some this means that their application hasn't yet been reviewed at all and for others that they reviewed your application, but weren't able to make a decision and will go back to it. It seems pretty variable among all applicants, but everyone who hasn't received a decision yet receives that email so I wouldn't read too much into it. One current student at my interview said that she received the email and two hours later received her acceptance. She believed it was just an automated system that sent out the email once two weeks had passed.

At my interview, it seemed as though they emailed applicants two weeks after their interview date to let them know they were still reviewing their application and had not made a decision yet. It seems like for some this means that their application hasn't yet been reviewed at all and for others that they reviewed your application, but weren't able to make a decision and will go back to it. It seems pretty variable among all applicants, but everyone who hasn't received a decision yet receives that email so I wouldn't read too much into it. One current student at my interview said that she received the email and two hours later received her acceptance. She believed it was just an automated system that sent out the email once two weeks had passed.

I’d also say do not read too much into it if you do not get the email. I was accepted 4-5 weeks after my interview and never got an under continued consideration email!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How is the interview day structured? When is the last cohort interviewed? I have a flight back home (I'm OOS) at 7:15pm from Boston and I'm worried that if the interview goes past 5-5:30 then I'll miss my flight :(

How is the interview day structured? When is the last cohort interviewed? I have a flight back home (I'm OOS) at 7:15pm from Boston and I'm worried that if the interview goes past 5-5:30 then I'll miss my flight :(

I’ve interviewed here twice, and both times the day ended right around 3:15pm.

I’ve interviewed here twice, and both times the day ended right around 3:15pm.

There were definitely people who were in a later group. I vaguely remember one group starting at 4:30 and I think the latest it went was 5 or 5:15. I also wouldn't hesitate to ask Brenda to see if you can be in an earlier MMI group given your schedule. She is super nice.

Checking in. Interviewed late August. Nothing but crickets since then following a "continued consideration" email sometime around september. I know they are known for taking forever but man....
I'm guessing we interviewed the same day. I feel like it's a no at this point but they release Rs later. No reason that a decision should take over 5 months, it's getting pretty ridiculous.

Wondering at what point UMass sends out IIs until? Seems like historically they've sent them out as late as mid February, but curious to see whether or not the new traffic laws would change things this year.

I'm guessing we interviewed the same day. I feel like it's a no at this point but they release Rs later. No reason that a decision should take over 5 months, it's getting pretty ridiculous.

Idk about you guys but at the PURCH interviews they said a majority of us wouldn’t hear back until March and that was back in September

Came here to ask the same thing. Interviewed on one of the first days of the season, and haven't heard of anyone from my day hearing back...

Sorry to hear that - was this a pre or post interview R? Best of luck to you

Pre-interview. Complete since September, then nothing, R Jan 2019.

Thanks for the well wishes. Accepted to UND, with a few more still in the chute. May get a chance to escape the frozen North yet...and yes, I’m referring to UMASS as not part of the frozen North. One must visit Grand Forks before contesting this fact. Hahaha

I was in the last interview group and remember finishing around 5:30.

I would probably email them and request to be in the earlier group. It takes about an hour to get from Worcester to Boston driving

waitlisted just now, interviewed in september, put on active consideration in october, LM 72 OOS

Anyone have their password expire to the portal and successfully fixed it on their own? Mine just keeps telling me to contact my security administrator

Anyone have their password expire to the portal and successfully fixed it on their own? Mine just keeps telling me to contact my security administrator

This happened to me. I used a different browser and it worked. Maybe that'll work for you?