2018-2019 University of Massachussetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now!!! Date given is 1/24/19! IS, LM 66-69 (my first II so I'm basically in tears)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you everyone!!

Question for those who interviewed: opinions of the MMI? Was it as high stress as some people make it out to be or did you enjoy the overall experience?

Thank you everyone!!

Question for those who interviewed: opinions of the MMI? Was it as high stress as some people make it out to be or did you enjoy the overall experience?

Personally I feel like the MMIs were a little high stress at the beginning just because of the anticipation of the unknown. By the time you're halfway thru the stations, you relax into it and enjoy the process a lot more. You may even find them fun by the end of it. Nice thing is that you are not alone; your fellow interviewees the day of are right beside you in the hallway. Going thru the MMI experience together was the best bonding experience, at least I thought, throughout the day.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with @bobbitybob. They're going to tell you over and over again how much fun it is, and to be fair it kinda was. Go on YouTube and research/practice some possible scenarios though. It's hard to tell how it went afterwards because there's technically "no right answers" but there's definitely wrong answers lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Does anyone know when and if they send out pre-II Rs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed for MSTP Nov. 19-20. Ad Com has reviewed my app and I am still under consideration... almost got a heart attack reading the first few sentences because it didn't sound like a "congratulations" email lol... ouf! At least now I know I didn't bomb the MMI!

Interviewed for MSTP Nov. 19-20. Ad Com has reviewed my app and I am still under consideration... almost got a heart attack reading the first few sentences because it didn't sound like a "congratulations" email lol... ouf! At least now I know I didn't bomb the MMI!
Are you IS or OOS?

Does anyone who interviewed have any advice on sending thank you? Did you do it as email, in the portal, or handwritten?

Also, who did you address it to? Brenda or adcom?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we can still view our supplementary app? I tried to go back into the system and there does not seem to be a way to access it.

Does anyone know if we can still view our supplementary app? I tried to go back into the system and there does not seem to be a way to access it.

Hi! It's not very intuitive, and there may be a better way to access the secondary app, but you can do this after logging on:

Self Service -> Student Center -> Additional Attachments (it's next to the "My Applications" box). On this page, you'll probably have to click the arrow in the top left to scroll through the tabs until to you get to "Questions" which is where those paragraphs you wrote would be.

Does anyone who interviewed have any advice on sending thank you? Did you do it as email, in the portal, or handwritten?

Also, who did you address it to? Brenda or adcom?

Thanks!!

I sent an email to their mmi email and addressed it as "MMI interviewers"

Hi! It's not very intuitive, and there may be a better way to access the secondary app, but you can do this after logging on:

Self Service -> Student Center -> Additional Attachments (it's next to the "My Applications" box). On this page, you'll probably have to click the arrow in the top left to scroll through the tabs until to you get to "Questions" which is where those paragraphs you wrote would be.

Thanks!

AAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! :)

MMI 11/14, "under consideration" 12/3, accepted today!!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone hear back from 10/24 interview date or afterwards? Received the "under active consideration" email and then zilch :/

for those who interviewed, when was your day complete? the email said 2 pm but the website said 5 pm...my flight back leaves at 4 so if the day ends at 5, what did you guys do from 3-5?

for those who interviewed, when was your day complete? the email said 2 pm but the website said 5 pm...my flight back leaves at 4 so if the day ends at 5, what did you guys do from 3-5?
serenity, what airport are you using? After the official activities, there was an informal time to meet and speak with current students and other applicants.

Are you interviewing on a Saturday? I think the schedule is different on Saturdays and end at 2pm (unless I'm thinking of a different school...). My day ended right around 4:30pm. We only got to the MMIs around 3 as mine happened to be the last group to go. I think you can leave as soon as your MMI is done but that could be relatively late.

Anyone hear back from 10/24 interview date or afterwards? Received the "under active consideration" email and then zilch :/

I'm in the same boat. People after us have definitely heard back but I guess we're still in the running.

serenity, what airport are you using? After the official activities, there was an informal time to meet and speak with current students and other applicants.
im at the worcester airport, and interviewing on a wed

im at the worcester airport, and interviewing on a wed
Serenity, you should be fine on your timing. You may want to let the staff know about your flight time when you check in just in case they switch things around for the schedule that day.

JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE FOR FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted yesterday!!! Two application cycles and FINALLY ONE acceptance.

To anyone without an acceptance or on their second cycle, please don’t lose hope. Either now or in the future, you WILL go to medical school and be the doctor you’ve dreamed of being. This isn’t a race, and you deserve it just like everyone else. After my first cycle, it took a while to cope with the fact that I’d just spent a year of my life in anxious anticipation, and that I’d have to do it again. But just keep going on with the rest of your life and be happy. Your time will come!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

To anyone without an acceptance or on their second cycle, please don’t lose hope. Either now or in the future, you WILL go to medical school and be the doctor you’ve dreamed of being. This isn’t a race, and you deserve it just like everyone else. After my first cycle, it took a while to cope with the fact that I’d just spent a year of my life in anxious anticipation, and that I’d have to do it again. But just keep going on with the rest of your life and be happy. Your time will come!!

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Reactions: 1 users

What day did you interview? Congrats! must feel incredible after all that work

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there’s a Facebook group for admitted students? Thanks!

Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during the MMI here?

ACCEPTED! via email 12/21. Interviewed 10/10. Lizzy M 70, OOS (California).

Edit: Sorry, earlier post said 10/21 haha.

I just got a financial aid fact sheet email that says “congrats on your acceptance to UMass,” but I haven’t gotten an acceptance email or call. Has this happened to anyone else?

did people get an email from financial aid?
I just got a financial aid fact sheet email that says “congrats on your acceptance to UMass,” but I haven’t gotten an acceptance email or call. Has this happened to anyone else?
me too - mistake?? what does your portal say?

Same here....I am thinking about calling the contact person on the email. What do you guys think?