2018-2019 University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Goodluck everyone! Here comes another U Michigan Monday :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Goodluck everyone! Here comes another U Michigan Monday :)

Expecting another day of hope followed by disappointment. :confused:

At least with Michigan it's only on Mondays and not every day lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Because, starting this year, schools will not be able to see the list of other schools you've been accepted at in the way they've been able to do in the past. When they had access to that list, they had an extra (pretty significant) piece of information to decide whether or not you are likely to go there if accepted. While this isn't directly related to interview invites, I wouldn't be surprised if schools were more conservative in giving them out -- at least for schools that have rolling admissions -- since in general they will have to adjust to this new system. The more I think about it, the less I think it will have as big an impact on interviews as I originally thought...but, at the same time, I feel like these types of changes always make the system go more slowly/carefully.

Yeah, I know about the no traffic rules thing, but my point was that I thought that it might be more likely that this change would result in them sending interview invites earlier to prevent inadvertent "poaching" of the people they might want to accept off the waitlist.

But you make a fair point, big changes like this may result in them taking their time, which is utterly annoying if that's the case for most schools. Hopefully not. We can only speculate.

II this morning! Super excited for the chance to interview here. Their "24 hour" interview day looks really great too.

LizzyM 74-76, OOS.

Reactions: 8 users
Also do people know if all interviews are sent out at once on mondays?

Yeah, I know about the no traffic rules thing, but my point was that I thought that it might be more likely that this change would result in them sending interview invites earlier to prevent inadvertent "poaching" of the people they might want to accept off the waitlist.

But you make a fair point, big changes like this may result in them taking their time, which is utterly annoying if that's the case for most schools. Hopefully not. We can only speculate.
Oh, I see what you're saying. I'm not sure, it's certainly possible. Guess we will see, lol.

So I took the Casper on 7/8 and it says that it has been transmitted to all the schools I chose to send it to, but when I log onto the app portal for UMich it says they are still waiting on it. Did anyone else have this problem or should I call and ask them about it?

So I took the Casper on 7/8 and it says that it has been transmitted to all the schools I chose to send it to, but when I log onto the app portal for UMich it says they are still waiting on it. Did anyone else have this problem or should I call and ask them about it?
My app says complete (I took Casper 7/8)

I also don’t see a section for Casper, like I don’t see anywhere that it was received but I’m assuming it was because I’m marked as complete(?)

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the "24 hour" interview day?

Your 24 Hours in Blue

It's their general scheme of interview day which includes an informal dinner the night before and in-depth interviews in addition to close looks at their clinical experience. Other schools might do similar stuff, but I like the way they have it set up.

I think that once their twitter account updates, they are done for the day but that’s just speculation

Still holding out hope since they haven't posted anything yet :xf:

Has anyone gotten an II here without LM 80+/URM coming from an average state school? Or do you think they are prioritizing selective undergrads. They seem big on wanting people from HYPS

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten an II here without LM 80+ coming from an average state school? Or do you think they are prioritizing selective undergrads. They seem big on wanting people from HYPS
Got an interview invite today my LM is like a 73-74. I went to UMiami. Although it's not a state school it is far from HYPS Imo

Reactions: 4 users
Could you share when you were complete?
Sure 7/22/18
I had already gotten my letters in and CASPer, so once I submitted my secondary I was good to go.

Has anyone who took Casper on 7/8 gotten an interview yet

Received an II this afternoon! Can confirm that not all IIs get sent out at the same time of day, since others reported receiving IIs this morning. OOS, LM 76-78. Looking forward to meeting some of you in Ann Arbor!

Looks like 36 IIs were sent out this week

Congrats to all IIs today! Until next week my friends :)

Reactions: 3 users
Its that time again guys, good luck to everyone tomorrow! :)

Its that time again guys, good luck to everyone tomorrow! :)

I'm not sure if this Monday thing makes me more or less anxious. With the other schools I just gave up on until I get an email out of the blue. With Michigan I'm like today might be the day every Monday :confused:

I'm not sure if this Monday thing makes me more or less anxious. With the other schools I just gave up on until I get an email out of the blue. With Michigan I'm like today might be the day every Monday :confused:
I know what you mean haha lw feel like this is worse cause you know they sent out a whole wave of interviews but were like naaahhh when they saw our apps :/

Please Michigan I can't take this silence say something

They sent out a whopping 4 IIs today... I'm speechless

Reactions: 7 users
still nothing from the MSTP side either, I don't think. That or all the ppl with MSTP IIs aren't on this board or the Physician Scientist board.

See y'all next week folks
At least for MSTP they don't necessarily send them only on Mondays, lol.

Is there any way to view my secondary after I already submitted and complete?

All i see is a 'view form HTML' and 'view details' and i really wanna recycle one of my answers wtf lol

Is there any way to view my secondary after I already submitted and complete?

All i see is a 'view form HTML' and 'view details' and i really wanna recycle one of my answers wtf lol

Hit view form HTML and it should open up a window with everything from your secondary :)

Hit view form HTML and it should open up a window with everything from your secondary :)
Wow I was doing that before and nothing was happening but now it worked what the heck

Thanks!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just confirming, all of Michigan's interviews start Thursday night and end Friday at 5? They don't do any other day of the week?

Just confirming, all of Michigan's interviews start Thursday night and end Friday at 5? They don't do any other day of the week?

I'm pretty sure this is true, when I was picking my interview dates they were only offered once a week and on Friday. Although the Thursday part is optional if you can't make it.

EDIT: looked it up to confirm and yup:
https://medicine.umich.edu/medschool/sites/medicine.umich.edu.medschool/files/assets/2019 Interview dates external.pdf

My sister went to law school at UM, so I have a tie to UM. Does this warrant an update to my app? They didn't have a place for it anywhere in the app, and I'm not sure if it would help at all, so hoping for some feedback from you all.

My sister went to law school at UM, so I have a tie to UM. Does this warrant an update to my app? They didn't have a place for it anywhere in the app, and I'm not sure if it would help at all, so hoping for some feedback from you all.
No. Significant change in ECs like awards, publications, etc are more appropriate update content

Reactions: 1 users