2018-2019 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got the R.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

+1
Not surprised, OOS, complete first week of August. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Members don't see this ad.

+1.
Guess the R in Rochester is for Rejected.
This was my top choice, so a little disappointing, but oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got that R! I’ve seen it coming for a while, secondary submitted 7/11

R, complete 7/31. 3.5 GPA

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Rejected as well fams. Complete early August

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected, complete mid July, good luck to those still in the running!

Just got an email stating that my application is still under review

Reactions: 6 users
Just got this email:

“A quick update to let you know your application to the University of Rochester Medical School is still under review. We realize the waiting is hard, but our Committee wants to give each of our 5,900 applications a thorough review. Review of applications will continue through the end of December and once a decision has been made regarding your application, you will receive an email from us.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your interest in Rochester.”

Is this a hold/soft-reject?

Reactions: 1 users
Instead of being part of the massive rejection wave that appears to be occurring today for UoR, I just got an email saying that my application is still under review?

Any idea if this is like a hold?

Just got an email stating that my application is still under review

Just got this email:

“A quick update to let you know your application to the University of Rochester Medical School is still under review. We realize the waiting is hard, but our Committee wants to give each of our 5,900 applications a thorough review. Review of applications will continue through the end of December and once a decision has been made regarding your application, you will receive an email from us.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your interest in Rochester.”

Is this a hold/soft-reject?

When were you guys complete? This whole thing could simply be a time-based thing, cause the rejection wave today appears to be for mid-late July folks. I am mid-August.

Got a “still under review” email, complete 8/9, LM70

When were you guys complete? This whole thing could simply be a time-based thing, cause the rejection wave today appears to be for mid-late July folks. I am mid-August.
I was complete mid july and havent gotten a rejection or the under review email.

Complete 7/12 and received the “under review” email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Complete late july, have not gotten a rejection or under review email

Reactions: 3 users
just got the “you’re still under review email” which seemed odd to me, anyone have any information on what this email means
complete 8/25 OOS LM 69-70

just got the “you’re still under review email” which seemed odd to me, anyone have any information on what this email means
Just got it, too, lol. I think we should just take it at face-value: we’re still under review.

Reactions: 10 users
Just got it, too, lol. I think we should just take it at face-value: we’re still under review.

I agree 100%. Considering they sent it out to (assuming) a lot of people the same day as a massive rejection wave, it is probably just exactly what it means. If anything, it makes me kind of like UoR more!!

They seem to be considerate about the immense pressure and stress some of us might be under during this time.

Reactions: 4 users

My guess is that we are good enough to avoid rejection but not good enough to garner an interview. My guess is that we can gain interviews depending on how they want to fill their class.

I did a quick search of last years thread and I didn’t see anyone posting about that email—maybe new this year

Last edited:
I received the under review email but was complete 8/1, LM 73, OOS.

Complete 8/4 and haven't heard anything

Edit: just received the under review email. Honestly kind of respect Rochester a little more now...very kind update

Last edited:
Complete 8/17 and haven't heard anything. LM ~74. IS.

JK just received the review e-mail

Last edited:
lol just got the review email 10 mins ago. Email server probably sending it out in batches so not to overload...

Last edited:
I agree or they could also send out such mass email having received numerous inquiries from applicants about their status. One email to hold phone calls or emails for a little while as they continue to sieve through applications.

These hoe ass schools playing with emotions, this was my first MD school update and it’s just to tell me I’m still under review. Oh well, better than an R I guess.

Reactions: 3 users
about the 100th person on here to get the under review email. complete 7/18