2018-2019 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the “under review” email and I was complete on 7/30.

Members don't see this ad.

Under review email. Completed 7/28. Considering is good news since there seemed to be a wave of R's that have been sent out for people completed around the same time as me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the under review email.. Maybe considering all the rejections they sent out this week its not the worst thing....

When were you guys complete? This whole thing could simply be a time-based thing, cause the rejection wave today appears to be for mid-late July folks. I am mid-August.
I got this too and i was complete July 12

Last edited:
Historically, Is under review just a soft R?

Has anyone received an acceptance for the MSTP program?

I was complete in Sept and got the under review also!

Reactions: 1 users
I think the "under review" e-mail is legit just trying relieve some anxiety, not create more of it. They seem like they're trying to be nice and let us know we're not forgotten and just have to sit tight for a bit longer.

Reactions: 7 users
Even if they are trying to be nice, it still causes anxiety to see "Application Update" pop up in your indox. :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
6 of one half dozen of the other . People complain about absolute silence too so it’s a no win for schools unless they send a II and later acceptance to an applicant

Reactions: 9 users
Personally, I think its a good move on Rochester's part. Something is better than nothing in this context.

Reactions: 14 users
under revieWwWwWwW I'm tired
late July complete

Got the under review email as well. Wondering if I should send update letter. Their website said nothing about pre-interview updates. Anyone knows if they welcome updates?

Interview Invite! complete 8/19 and IS

cGPA: 3.47 MCAT: 506
To all my fellow applicants with lower credentials, stay hopeful!!

Also, earliest dates available are in mid-January

Reactions: 10 users
Interview Invite! complete 8/19 and IS

cGPA: 3.47 MCAT: 506
To all my fellow applicants with lower credentials, stay hopeful!!

Also, earliest dates available are in mid-January

Surprised that they sent II on a Sunday. Congrats!

Did the folks getting IIs today also get a "continued review" email this week?

II today as well :)

Edit: Complete 7/30. Got review email this past week

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
hoping all the ones that got review emails are just in the queue to get II

Does anyone know if Rochester is receptive to letters of intent? I know their website just says they accept *substantial* updates but I am not sure about intent.

Does anyone know if our interviewers are picked randomly or matched up with us based on things from our app? Both of my interviewers are MD/PhDs but I'm not applying MSTP and I'm curious if that's random or it's because I have a lot of research experience

Has anyone received an acceptance for the MSTP program?

I got the call Halloween night 10/31! I'm beyond psyched! Everyone in my interview group seemed insanely qualified (NYU/UCSF MSTP IIs, etc.) so I kinda just stood in disbelief.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who interviewed before/on October 2nd received an acceptance yet?

I didn't get an under-review email, I got a rejection email. But today got a 'so we re-reviewed your application and decided to interview you - Congrats!' email.

Dates available starting in late January for anyone interested in knowing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I didn't get an under-review email, I got a rejection email. But today got a 'so we re-reviewed your application and decided to interview you - Congrats!' email.
Me too. Rejected last month and invited for interview today. Weird but I will take it :)

Reactions: 4 users

Dates available starting in late January for anyone interested in knowing.
lmao what the actual f. congrats tho that's great!

Reactions: 1 users
bruh I got the under-review email, no rejection and still haven't gotten an II. RIP.

Reactions: 9 users
I got an interview invite after being rejected as well! Damn, even after getting a rejection the neuroticism can’t end.

Reactions: 4 users
I got an interview invite after being rejected as well! Damn, even after getting a rejection the neuroticism can’t end.

Me too. Rejected last month and invited for interview today. Weird but I will take it :)

Scratching my head. Some one's job is on the line :whistle:

A couple years back, Georgetown (I believe) sent all the rejected students acceptance emails and all the accepted students rejected emails. Could be something similar. What a nightmare though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

A couple years back, Georgetown (I believe) sent all the rejected students acceptance emails and all the accepted students rejected emails. Could be something similar. What a nightmare though.

Earlier this cycle, Oakland sent out interview invites to people they meant to reject. What a mess lol

Last edited:
Does this mean that those who received a “re-review” email will get rejected soon?