2018-2019 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After much consideration, I will be withdrawing my OOS acceptance tomorrow. Good luck everyone! Hopefully they will reassign my scholarship offer to one of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Will be withdrawing from the high priority waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Withdrew from normal priority waitlist. Hope this helps one of you wonderful people out!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance from the portal?

Anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance from the portal?

I believe you call admissions and request that they directly transfer the acceptance to me, If I recall correctly

Reactions: 4 users
Noreastmed, I would do that in a heartbeat!! hahahaha

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when UVM historically has movement after May 1st? Waitlisted here and it’s my #1.

Accepted this morning to the Connecticut Campus, OOS, interviewed 1/9 (i think) and HPWL last month.

Very, very torn over this because UVM was always my first choice until I saw SKMC. Could any current students or committed matriculates share why they picked UVM over other acceptances?

Accepted this morning to the Connecticut Campus, OOS, interviewed 1/9 (i think) and HPWL last month.

Very, very torn over this because UVM was always my first choice until I saw SKMC. Could any current students or committed matriculates share why they picked UVM over other acceptances?
Just out of curiosity, did it say "provisionally accepted" in your email as well? That wording has been messing with me. I'm assuming the "provisionally" is based on the background check and completed course work?

yeah, I think that just means provided satisfaction of pre-matriculation requirements
Thank you for your response. I was also accepted this morning to the Connecticut Campus, OOS, interviewed early December and went through the "strongly interested" to HPWL for those who were wondering.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got the A this morning to Connecticut campus as well! I'm currently deciding between UVM and SUNY Upstate.
SUNY Upstate has the in-state tuition but I was wondering if there's any other strong argument to chose UVM over Upstate.

I also got the A this morning to Connecticut campus as well! I'm currently deciding between UVM and SUNY Upstate.
SUNY Upstate has the in-state tuition but I was wondering if there's any other strong argument to chose UVM over Upstate.

Currently sitting on the high priority WL for both so I’ll take whatever acceptance you end up not using kthanks hahaha
The reason I would personally choose UVM though is because I’m extremely interested in global medicine and UVM seems like they have more formal opportunities available than upstate. I also love UVMs flipped classroom curriculum and think it caters to the way I learn. These are both very specific reasons for myself though, I honestly loved both schools and felt overall I’d be very happy at either.

Do we think there will be additional waitlist action later this week or was the earlier acceptances the wave? Congrats to those who were accepted!

Hey--I withdrew my acceptance to the Vermont campus yesterday. I was absolutely in love with the school but got off the waitlist at the one place that was more undeniable for me. Still bittersweet because I was so attached to the idea of studying in Burlington, and I really think the administration / flipped classroom model is top-notch. Hope that one of you gets the spot! <3

Do we think there will be additional waitlist action later this week or was the earlier acceptances the wave? Congrats to those who were accepted!
The email for HPWL stated they were anticipating making "many offers" from it. Based on the couple of people who were admitted from it earlier this week I'd say we still have more to come.

Is anyone else having trouble paying the acceptance deposit? I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday and the online applicant center still says waitlisted so I can't pay the deposit.

Withdrawing my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!

Yo dudes. Just got the acceptance off the regular waitlist. This is my first A after applying last year, interviewing at UVM, getting rejected, retaking the MCAT because my score expired, and then sitting on the waitlist for months. It's a brutal grind and at times you feel super mentally depleted. For those of you on the waitlist or those who have been rejected, keep going. Keep hammering away until you get that A. Best of luck to everyone. While SDN threads are occasionally sources of neurosis and anxiety, hopefully this post will give some peeps some hope. See you other Catamounts in the fall! Awwwwww yeaahhhhhhh

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Recently accepted (IS). Went from strong interest>HPWL>A. That was quite the long wait. Good luck to the rest still waiting to hear back.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if someone who has been accepted later in the cycle has any possibility of receiving the Larner scholarship, in any amount?

anyone know what the commit to enroll deadline is?

Really loved the school but will be withdrawing! Also had been given the scholarship so it's back in the pot!

Reactions: 4 users
Can any current students comment on the cheating scandal?

My understanding is that 8 students were involved.

Surely the CASPer test should have weeded out these types?

Can any current students comment on the cheating scandal?

My understanding is that 8 students were involved.

Surely the CASPer test should have weeded out these types?
Can you update those of us who don’t know about it?

I heard there was a loophole in electronically signing out for exams.
Some students exploited this and left early in order to complete the tests together in the library.

They were caught.

I heard there was a loophole in electronically signing out for exams.
Some students exploited this and left early in order to complete the tests together in the library.

They were caught.
This seems like not a great idea.

anyone know what the commit to enroll deadline is?
Per the Accepted Students webpage: Change your status to Commit to Enroll by July 15th, 2019. Committing to enroll means you must withdraw any acceptances or waitlist spots at other medical schools. Unfortunately, if we do not hear from you by that time, we may have to offer your seat to another deserving applicant.

Does anyone know what UVMs waitlist movement has looked like historically? It seems to be trickling in with a few acceptances here and there, week after week. Is this just because of the new AAMC guidelines or is this because of how the committee goes down the list?

Anyone know of any waitlist movement this week? I know of a few friends of mine who gave up slots recently

Anyone know of any waitlist movement this week? I know of a few friends of mine who gave up slots recently
I think honestly of all the threads I am on this one has the least amount of people on it -- so I think sdn is definitely not a great representation for UVM wait list movement.

Yooo just wanted to let y'all know I was accepted this morning off the high priority waitlist!! I was waitlisted at 7 schools lol and UVM was my top choice of those so I will see you guys there in fall! Can't wait. I know it can be straight up brutal waiting so best of luck to everyone else still hoping to get in!

Yooo just wanted to let y'all know I was accepted this morning off the high priority waitlist!! I was waitlisted at 7 schools lol and UVM was my top choice of those so I will see you guys there in fall! Can't wait. I know it can be straight up brutal waiting so best of luck to everyone else still hoping to get in!
Nice! Were you in-state oos? VT or CT campus?

Hello, does UVM require updates on speeding tickets? I had just gotten one last month (not a misdemeanor in my state), but I don’t know if they require that update and I don’t know where they would have you update it. So I’ve been accepted from the WL, and I didn’t think that would happen—so I didn’t update them on the new speeding ticket. Do I still have to do this (do they require the update)?

Will this show up on the pre-admission background check?

Hello, does UVM require updates on speeding tickets? I had just gotten one last month (not a misdemeanor in my state), but I don’t know if they require that update and I don’t know where they would have you update it. So I’ve been accepted from the WL, and I didn’t think that would happen—so I didn’t update them on the new speeding ticket. Do I still have to do this (do they require the update)?

Will this show up on the pre-admission background check?
No...

OOS accepted today off the HP waitlist to the Connecticut campus

Decided to decline my acceptance here. Good luck to those on the WL!

OOS Acceptance off HP list today! Connecticut campus

Reactions: 5 users