2018-2019 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! Quick question, so I’m still having trouble logging in it says server application error, I tried resetting the pin but the same problem is happening. Does anyone know how I can contact IT?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Quick question, so I’m still having trouble logging in it says server application error, I tried resetting the pin but the same problem is happening. Does anyone know how I can contact IT?
Are you on mobile?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else have this message? I'm not planning on taking the MCAT and I am not engaged in coursework... does this mean my application is on hold or just that it may be on hold? It doesn't say on hold anywhere
"
Your M.D. file is now complete. The Sub-Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.

Please note that your file may be put on hold for the following reasons:
Hold for MCAT: We are assuming you are scheduled to take the test. The Committee wishes to wait to evaluate your file until those scores are available. MCATS taken after September of the year of application will not be considered. If you are not planning to take or retake the MCAT, please notify us immediately.

Hold for Grades: The file review done by the Committee has determined that you are engaged in coursework which may affect their decision about whether to invite you for an interview. It is imperative that you submit grades for current or proposed courses in a timely fashion. Any file on hold for grades that are not submitted by January 31st will automatically be rejected. If you did not take the course indicated on your primary or supplemental application, please notify us immediately."

does this mean my application is on hold or just that it may be on hold? It doesn't say on hold anywhere
If it is put on hold, it will say "hold for mcat" or hold for grades". That's all that it is saying. If you aren't on hold and aren't completing coursework/taking the mcat, there's nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten the "we are very interested in your candidacy" message from last year? I just got the "your file review is complete" one, and I'm kind of freaking out because it does not feel good... feels like I'm waiting for a rejection

Has anyone gotten the "we are very interested in your candidacy" message from last year? I just got the "your file review is complete" one, and I'm kind of freaking out because it does not feel good... feels like I'm waiting for a rejection
I got the your file is complete message as well when I checked. Idk what it means haha

This will appear within a few weeks. I think I got this message a week after I was complete. If you’re still stuck with the message after sept/oct then your chances go down pretty low

Does anyone else have this message? I'm not planning on taking the MCAT and I am not engaged in coursework... does this mean my application is on hold or just that it may be on hold? It doesn't say on hold anywhere
"
Your M.D. file is now complete. The Sub-Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.

Please note that your file may be put on hold for the following reasons:
Hold for MCAT: We are assuming you are scheduled to take the test. The Committee wishes to wait to evaluate your file until those scores are available. MCATS taken after September of the year of application will not be considered. If you are not planning to take or retake the MCAT, please notify us immediately.

Hold for Grades: The file review done by the Committee has determined that you are engaged in coursework which may affect their decision about whether to invite you for an interview. It is imperative that you submit grades for current or proposed courses in a timely fashion. Any file on hold for grades that are not submitted by January 31st will automatically be rejected. If you did not take the course indicated on your primary or supplemental application, please notify us immediately."
When did you submit?

Does anyone have an idea of when interviews will start coming out here?

Does anyone have an idea of when interviews will start coming out here?

According to last years thread they started going out end of July so I would expect to see some starting next week. Didn't look like it was a mass wave though so who knows

Reactions: 1 user
Do they send confirmation e-mails for payment and receipt of your supplemental answers? I submitted and paid, but didn't receive any e-mail from them or even a confirmation notice on the website like with other schools.

The options also disappeared on the side bar. Is this the same for y'all that are completed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send confirmation e-mails for payment and receipt of your supplemental answers? I submitted and paid, but didn't receive any e-mail from them or even a confirmation notice on the website like with other schools.

The options also disappeared on the side bar. Is this the same for y'all that are completed?
After a day or so I got an email saying that I should check my portal cause there is an update and then when I checked my portal it said my file is complete and will be under review.

I got the your file is complete message as well when I checked. Idk what it means haha
when did you submit your secondary? and did you get an email notification that your status has changed (after your file review was marked complete)?

I took Casper early July (the 8th?). I remember that someone had called VCU and they said that they don't need casper results to offer an interview, but they had to know that you had taken it. Has anyone emailed them to notify them that you have taken it? Does casper do this automatically?

I took Casper early July (the 8th?). I remember that someone had called VCU and they said that they don't need casper results to offer an interview, but they had to know that you had taken it. Has anyone emailed them to notify them that you have taken it? Does casper do this automatically?
They said they need it done by January. It's not gonna be used to offer you an II. Once you take the test and they grade it, it'll automatically be sent to all the schools you assigned.

Anyone know if the 150 character limit for the reapplicant question includes spaces?

Anyone know if the 150 character limit for the reapplicant question includes spaces?
Are you sure it is only 150 characters? cause I was looking at the one I submitted and I had 1000 characters so I really hope I didnt miss any instructions

Are you sure it is only 150 characters? cause I was looking at the one I submitted and I had 1000 characters so I really hope I didnt miss any instructions
It's definitely a very short limit haha. I was only able to type <50 words.

Not sure which one that was because the mandatory essay had 2000 characters while the re-app question had 150 characters. I didn't see anything about 1000 characters

Hmm that's very weird and I can't seem to find a way to access my responses on the portal to double check since I already submitted

Anyone got an idea of when we will be seeing some II's? @DeanMission

Last edited:
Anyone got an idea of when we will be seeing some II's? @DeanMission
Soon. Interviews start on 8/16, with additional August dates on the 22nd, 23rd, 29th, and 30th.

Reactions: 14 users
How long does it take for the preliminary review for a secondary after submission of the primary application? This is one of my top choices and I'm hoping to get past this first step.

Your complete application has been considered carefully by the Admissions Committee, and we regret that we are unable to offer you a position in the class beginning in August 2019.

The Committee understands the disappointing nature of their decision and urges you to consult with your pre-med advisor to discuss the possibility for improvement of your application.

We wish you the very best of success with your future plans.

I wish for the very best for a full refund :).

Your complete application has been considered carefully by the Admissions Committee, and we regret that we are unable to offer you a position in the class beginning in August 2019.

The Committee understands the disappointing nature of their decision and urges you to consult with your pre-med advisor to discuss the possibility for improvement of your application.

:( I hope you'll find success the rest of the cycle! if you don't mind, when were you complete?

Did you get an email notifying you that your status changed or did you just come across this message in the portal?

What are your stats?

I forgot. VCU was one my earliest secondaries. Probably 1.5 weeks ago.

What were your ECs like? I hear that VCU is very service oriented and has a lot of volunteering hours requirement? But sorry to hear that. honestly, I think it's b/c of OOS, not your stats

What were your ECs like? I hear that VCU is very service oriented and has a lot of volunteering hours requirement? But sorry to hear that. honestly, I think it's b/c of OOS, not your stats

500 hours of clinical volunteering
50 hours non-clinical volunteering <- prob got me rejected
3 months of research
full-time non-clinical job

500 hours of clinical volunteering
50 hours non-clinical volunteering <- prob got me rejected
3 months of research
full-time non-clinical job

You still have so much clinical volunteering. I feel like that itself would make up for any other low hour areas.

I don’t think it was becuase of the oos status since they interview so many oos people, it’s probably the lack of service

Rejected post secondary just a minute ago. Got an email about a status update to my application. Bummer, first one of the cycle. OOS. Oh well!