mariposas905

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys! So basically, it looks like there is some hope left since not everyone selected CTE. There are still some people (don't know how many) who will either select CTE this week or release their seat...based on that the VCU waitlist will move. However, I was not able to get a clear answer on whether this is for the IS or OOS waitlist :shrug: if anyone can ask her this and receive a more detailed answer, please let us know!

Nov 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys! So basically, it looks like there is some hope left since not everyone selected CTE. There are still some people (don't know how many) who will either select CTE this week or release their seat...based on that the VCU waitlist will move. However, I was not able to get a clear answer on whether this is for the IS or OOS waitlist :shrug: if anyone can ask her this and receive a more detailed answer, please let us know!
Thanks again for reaching out to her. If I'm feeling insane enough then I'll ask her on Friday.

mariposas905

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Why? Today is July 12th.
It's disadvantageous to us because VCU and EVMS's waitlists tend to move based on UVA's waitlist based on what admissions told me awhile back. For example, someone accepted to VCU/EVMS who gets off UVA's waitlist might choose UVA because of its higher ranking and prestige. So the longer UVA's waitlist movement occurs, the more delayed VCU and EVMS waitlist movement can get. And most of UVA's movement would have occurred after it's CTE deadline. A July 1st CTE for them would have meant that they could have had time to offer VCU acceptees a position before VCU's CTE deadline of July 8th. If that happened, maybe less people would have CTE'd to VCU (for those that preferred UVA over VCU)...but since UVA's got pushed to July 10th, that didn't happen. This is exactly what the deans were saying - that most instate WL movement for VCU and EVMS would happen in the first week of July based on UVA's CTE and now we lost that advantage. That was a long explanation lol but hope it makes sense :/

Mar 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I just wanted to say that I wouldn't want to be on WL with any other group. Everyone here is so collaborative and supporting! Even if we all don't end up getting into VCU, I really do wish you all the best of luck in whichever school you end up and hope we become excellent physicians one day.

Sheeshtopher

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe VCU is holding off? Then again I do see the advantage of forcing CTE before UVA CTE to boost stats I guess... Don't know though and assuming can be dangerous.

mariposas905

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe VCU is holding off? Then again I do see the advantage of forcing CTE before UVA CTE to boost stats I guess... Don't know though and assuming can be dangerous.
VCU didn't know I think. They were under the impression UVA's CTE was July 1st and the Dean told me to expect WL movement first week of July a few weeks ago. I think UVA changed their CTE date unexpectedly.

Sheeshtopher

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
VCU didn't know I think. They were under the impression UVA's CTE was July 1st and the Dean told me to expect WL movement first week of July a few weeks ago. I think UVA changed their CTE date unexpectedly.
I read your post on UVA's thread (and that other person who called and asked about withdrawing after CTE) - maybe CTE doesn't even mean anything anymore and is more of a formality...

• Selecting “Commit to Enroll” does not automatically withdraw applications from other medical schools. Applicants must communicate directly with all schools about their final decision according to each school’s specific policy.

Reactions: blnk

Sheeshtopher

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I specifically asked about IS vs OOS, but you can’t really predict who will withdraw is what I am speculating. She was not annoyed, just short and sweet to the point.

Reactions: medicdoc123
May 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there anybody still looking for a roommate? I just lost my provisional spot. Would prefer sharing a house but anything is fine at this late stage. (Coming over from Canada)

jpvn2015

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Nah fam! Re-taking the mcat in about 20 days! Sometimes life be like that. Will make us better physicians because of it though. Keep going strong everyone!

Reactions: blnk