2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I’m assuming everyone who was accepted off of waitlist last week/ previously held an acceptance plans on attending?

Members don't see this ad.

So I’m assuming everyone who was accepted off of waitlist last week/ previously held an acceptance plans on attending?

For some, I'm sure that's true. However, I think that as commit to enroll deadlines pass at other schools that there will be shifts due to waitlist movement / people making final decisions. I could be wrong, but it seems like this cycle will have disjointed waitlist movement rather than a few waves in May and June as in previous years.

I have been trying my hardest to wait patiently, but it's hard when I'm absolutely certain that Wake is the school that I want to attend!

Reactions: 1 users
For some, I'm sure that's true. However, I think that as commit to enroll deadlines pass at other schools that there will be shifts due to waitlist movement / people making final decisions. I could be wrong, but it seems like this cycle will have disjointed waitlist movement rather than a few waves in May and June as in previous years.

I have been trying my hardest to wait patiently, but it's hard when I'm absolutely certain that Wake is the school that I want to attend!
I agree, I hope there will be more WL acceptances this week....

@Pathdocmd I know you answered my question earlier but is it likely that there is more movement this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

Are there others who are gearing up for another cycle? I also love Wake and am waiting to hear back, but I'm getting ready to reapply as well (any advice from those who got waitlisted in one cycle, and then accepted after a second try would be greatly appreciated). It has been quite the roller coaster but I'm not giving up. Congrats to all who already got in! Hoping everyone gets an acceptance soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all!

Are there others who are gearing up for another cycle? I also love Wake and am waiting to hear back, but I'm getting ready to reapply as well (any advice from those who got waitlisted in one cycle, and then accepted after a second try would be greatly appreciated). It has been quite the roller coaster but I'm not giving up. Congrats to all who already got in! Hoping everyone gets an acceptance soon.
If you want to PM me I would love to give you some advice and share what I did to get in this cycle after not getting in last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my acceptance earlier today. It was such a tough decision. GL to everyone on the WL, hope one of you on here gets my spot!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone feel like calling and asking about the WL? Lol

Withdrew my acceptance earlier today. It was such a tough decision. GL to everyone on the WL, hope one of you on here gets my spot!
I am trying to PM you but it's not allowing me, can you send me a PM please? Thanks, and congrats on getting in to medical school!

Just called and apparently ADCOM is out of the office today. Not sure if that’s because they are meeting or if they are genuinely not there...lol
I was told to call back tomorrow if I had questions regarding the WL.
@Pathdocmd do you think it’s the former or the ladder? Lol

Accepted students: Please comment if you have decided to withdraw your acceptance, remain undecided, or intend on enrolling if you have not already!
Thank you to those that have let us know of their decision!

Accepted students: Please comment if you have decided to withdraw your acceptance, remain undecided, or intend on enrolling if you have not already!
Thank you to those that have let us know of their decision!
Hi AlphaDoctor. We all understand the eagerness and the uneasiness of being placed on the waitlist. Keep in mind though that even if people withdrew their acceptances, the admissions committee still can’t give you much information because we have no idea how many people are on the waitlist and how many people are planning to withdraw. If you didn’t receive an email from admissions, then you just have to be patient. There’s nothing in your power that can change waitlist movement other than waiting it out and sending them updates.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi AlphaDoctor. We all understand the eagerness and the uneasiness of being placed on the waitlist. Keep in mind though that even if people withdrew their acceptances, the admissions committee still can’t give you much information because we have no idea how many people are on the waitlist and how many people are planning to withdraw. If you didn’t receive an email from admissions, then you just have to be patient. There’s nothing in your power that can change waitlist movement other than waiting it out and sending them updates.
Ok I’m done, sorry @Pathdocmd and everyone else for the constant posts and I wish everyone the best of luck!!!

If you want to PM me I would love to give you some advice and share what I did to get in this cycle after not getting in last year.

I'm getting geared up to apply again--mind if I PM you for input as well?

Has anyone heard anything from the waitlist since last week's wave?

Just withdrew my acceptance after getting off the waitlist at another school. Hopefully someone on here gets my spot.

Reactions: 8 users
Can I PM any current students regarding some questions?

What do you guys think is going on with WL? Eerily silent. Is it over?

What do you guys think is going on with WL? Eerily silent. Is it over?
@Pathdocmd said the ADCOM meets and release acceptances as needed. They’re probably still working though it. When I called, they said that movement lasts until late June

Can you still do CTE after June17th if you are accepted of the waitlist after that date, or are they trying to get to everyone before then?

Can you still do CTE after June17th if you are accepted of the waitlist after that date, or are they trying to get to everyone before then?
Yes, they will continue accepting students up until orientation on a need be basis

I got an acceptance email this morning! Opened my email to request transcripts from my undergrad institution for the upcoming cycle, but I was pleasantly surprised. I am incredibly excited for this opportunity! Good luck to the rest of those on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I got an acceptance email this morning! Opened my email to request transcripts from my undergrad institution for the upcoming cycle, but I was pleasantly surprised. I am incredibly excited for this opportunity! Good luck to the rest of those on the waitlist!
Congrats!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats, and welcome to the class!

congrats! Stats please?

For those matriculating, did you have to do the Respiratory Fit Testing?
Also for the PE, did you need to provide any documentation or did you just have your PCP sign on the AAMC Immunization form?

For those matriculating, did you have to do the Respiratory Fit Testing?
Also for the PE, did you need to provide any documentation or did you just have your PCP sign on the AAMC Immunization form?
For the mask fit test, follow the instructions at the top of the form. You are only filling out the first four sections and signing/dating the end. The mask fit test will be done during orientation.

As for the physical examination, you just need a letter from your PCP stating that you received a physical.

@WFSOM any word on waitlist?
Regarding the waitlist, we know as much as you do at this point. We might go back to it, we might not. There can be movement up until one week before classes start.

Regarding the waitlist, we know as much as you do at this point. We might go back to it, we might not. There can be movement up until one week before classes start.
So the class is full at this point?
Thank you for your response.
I’m assuming you will have a better understanding as the June 15th CTE deadline approaches?

No idea if the class is full or what, but I had planned to enroll at Wake and withdrew my acceptance this past week after getting off a waitlist at my top choice. Hope that spot goes out to someone!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have recommendations for M1 student housing? Do most M! students live close to medical school or hospital complex?

Last edited:
Does anyone have recommendations for M1 student housing? Do most M! students live close to medical school or hospital complex?
There's a mixed bag. Its only about a 5-8 minute drive from the hospital to the school so it shouldn't affect you too much either way. I'd say the majority lived near the school (within a 5-10 minute walk) for first year, but we had people living closer to the hospital and in the surrounding communities as well.

So yeah! Just got the email yesterday after being waitlisted since December and it is finally official :)
That's wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!!!!! Can you share stats please???