You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Wake Forest University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Symbiogenesis
New Member
So I’m assuming everyone who was accepted off of waitlist last week/ previously held an acceptance plans on attending?
For some, I'm sure that's true. However, I think that as commit to enroll deadlines pass at other schools that there will be shifts due to waitlist movement / people making final decisions. I could be wrong, but it seems like this cycle will have disjointed waitlist movement rather than a few waves in May and June as in previous years.
I have been trying my hardest to wait patiently, but it's hard when I'm absolutely certain that Wake is the school that I want to attend!
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
I agree, I hope there will be more WL acceptances this week....For some, I'm sure that's true. However, I think that as commit to enroll deadlines pass at other schools that there will be shifts due to waitlist movement / people making final decisions. I could be wrong, but it seems like this cycle will have disjointed waitlist movement rather than a few waves in May and June as in previous years.
I have been trying my hardest to wait patiently, but it's hard when I'm absolutely certain that Wake is the school that I want to attend!
@Pathdocmd I know you answered my question earlier but is it likely that there is more movement this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!
Are there others who are gearing up for another cycle? I also love Wake and am waiting to hear back, but I'm getting ready to reapply as well (any advice from those who got waitlisted in one cycle, and then accepted after a second try would be greatly appreciated). It has been quite the roller coaster but I'm not giving up. Congrats to all who already got in! Hoping everyone gets an acceptance soon.
Are there others who are gearing up for another cycle? I also love Wake and am waiting to hear back, but I'm getting ready to reapply as well (any advice from those who got waitlisted in one cycle, and then accepted after a second try would be greatly appreciated). It has been quite the roller coaster but I'm not giving up. Congrats to all who already got in! Hoping everyone gets an acceptance soon.
If you want to PM me I would love to give you some advice and share what I did to get in this cycle after not getting in last year.Hi all!
Are there others who are gearing up for another cycle? I also love Wake and am waiting to hear back, but I'm getting ready to reapply as well (any advice from those who got waitlisted in one cycle, and then accepted after a second try would be greatly appreciated). It has been quite the roller coaster but I'm not giving up. Congrats to all who already got in! Hoping everyone gets an acceptance soon.
Does Wake Forest have a deposit that we need to pay?
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
Anyone feel like calling and asking about the WL? Lol
I am trying to PM you but it's not allowing me, can you send me a PM please? Thanks, and congrats on getting in to medical school!Withdrew my acceptance earlier today. It was such a tough decision. GL to everyone on the WL, hope one of you on here gets my spot!
WerbenJaegerman
Full Member
There is no depositDoes Wake Forest have a deposit that we need to pay?
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
Just called and apparently ADCOM is out of the office today. Not sure if that’s because they are meeting or if they are genuinely not there...lol
I was told to call back tomorrow if I had questions regarding the WL.
@Pathdocmd do you think it’s the former or the ladder? Lol
I was told to call back tomorrow if I had questions regarding the WL.
@Pathdocmd do you think it’s the former or the ladder? Lol
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
Accepted students: Please comment if you have decided to withdraw your acceptance, remain undecided, or intend on enrolling if you have not already!
Thank you to those that have let us know of their decision!
Thank you to those that have let us know of their decision!
Hi AlphaDoctor. We all understand the eagerness and the uneasiness of being placed on the waitlist. Keep in mind though that even if people withdrew their acceptances, the admissions committee still can’t give you much information because we have no idea how many people are on the waitlist and how many people are planning to withdraw. If you didn’t receive an email from admissions, then you just have to be patient. There’s nothing in your power that can change waitlist movement other than waiting it out and sending them updates.Accepted students: Please comment if you have decided to withdraw your acceptance, remain undecided, or intend on enrolling if you have not already!
Thank you to those that have let us know of their decision!
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
Ok I’m done, sorry @Pathdocmd and everyone else for the constant posts and I wish everyone the best of luck!!!Hi AlphaDoctor. We all understand the eagerness and the uneasiness of being placed on the waitlist. Keep in mind though that even if people withdrew their acceptances, the admissions committee still can’t give you much information because we have no idea how many people are on the waitlist and how many people are planning to withdraw. If you didn’t receive an email from admissions, then you just have to be patient. There’s nothing in your power that can change waitlist movement other than waiting it out and sending them updates.
If you want to PM me I would love to give you some advice and share what I did to get in this cycle after not getting in last year.
I'm getting geared up to apply again--mind if I PM you for input as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not at all, please do!I'm getting geared up to apply again--mind if I PM you for input as well?
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
NegativeHas anyone heard anything from the waitlist since last week's wave?
Also got in off the waitlist late at night May 1 after interviewing March 4. Are there any current students I could PM with questions?
Sure feel free to shoot (or post on the FB page)
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
Any news? Lol
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
@Pathdocmd said the ADCOM meets and release acceptances as needed. They’re probably still working though it. When I called, they said that movement lasts until late JuneWhat do you guys think is going on with WL? Eerily silent. Is it over?
Anyone know when deadline for CTE date is at Wake Forest?
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
June 15th I believe
ThankYouKindly
Full Member
At least 21 days prior to matriculation (June 17th).Anyone know when deadline for CTE date is at Wake Forest?
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
Yes, they will continue accepting students up until orientation on a need be basisCan you still do CTE after June17th if you are accepted of the waitlist after that date, or are they trying to get to everyone before then?
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
Although it is eerily quiet....Yes, they will continue accepting students up until orientation on a need be basis
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Symbiogenesis
New Member
I got an acceptance email this morning! Opened my email to request transcripts from my undergrad institution for the upcoming cycle, but I was pleasantly surprised. I am incredibly excited for this opportunity! Good luck to the rest of those on the waitlist!
TybeeRagnar
1°:10 | 2°:9 | II: 3 | A: 1| WL: 1 | R: 5
Congrats!!I got an acceptance email this morning! Opened my email to request transcripts from my undergrad institution for the upcoming cycle, but I was pleasantly surprised. I am incredibly excited for this opportunity! Good luck to the rest of those on the waitlist!
Congrats, and welcome to the class!I got an acceptance email this morning! Opened my email to request transcripts from my undergrad institution for the upcoming cycle, but I was pleasantly surprised. I am incredibly excited for this opportunity! Good luck to the rest of those on the waitlist!
congrats! Stats please?I got an acceptance email this morning! Opened my email to request transcripts from my undergrad institution for the upcoming cycle, but I was pleasantly surprised. I am incredibly excited for this opportunity! Good luck to the rest of those on the waitlist!
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
I’m scared that the early CTE date is going to force those holding an A and sitting on waitlists to select CTEcongrats! Stats please?
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
@WFSOM any word on waitlist?
For the mask fit test, follow the instructions at the top of the form. You are only filling out the first four sections and signing/dating the end. The mask fit test will be done during orientation.For those matriculating, did you have to do the Respiratory Fit Testing?
Also for the PE, did you need to provide any documentation or did you just have your PCP sign on the AAMC Immunization form?
As for the physical examination, you just need a letter from your PCP stating that you received a physical.
Regarding the waitlist, we know as much as you do at this point. We might go back to it, we might not. There can be movement up until one week before classes start.@WFSOM any word on waitlist?
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
So the class is full at this point?Regarding the waitlist, we know as much as you do at this point. We might go back to it, we might not. There can be movement up until one week before classes start.
Thank you for your response.
I’m assuming you will have a better understanding as the June 15th CTE deadline approaches?
wanttobeadoctor3000
New Member
No idea if the class is full or what, but I had planned to enroll at Wake and withdrew my acceptance this past week after getting off a waitlist at my top choice. Hope that spot goes out to someone!
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
U da real MVPNo idea if the class is full or what, but I had planned to enroll at Wake and withdrew my acceptance this past week after getting off a waitlist at my top choice. Hope that spot goes out to someone!
Not me? LOLU da real MVP
I really wanted to come here but decided on a state school cos I'm poor.
AlphaDoctor
Full Member
You are 2!!!! <3Not me? LOL
I really wanted to come here but decided on a state school cos I'm poor.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So yeah! Just got the email yesterday after being waitlisted since December and it is finally official 🙂@Freddywap where’s the announcement?
There's a mixed bag. Its only about a 5-8 minute drive from the hospital to the school so it shouldn't affect you too much either way. I'd say the majority lived near the school (within a 5-10 minute walk) for first year, but we had people living closer to the hospital and in the surrounding communities as well.Does anyone have recommendations for M1 student housing? Do most M! students live close to medical school or hospital complex?
That's wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!!!!! Can you share stats please???So yeah! Just got the email yesterday after being waitlisted since December and it is finally official 🙂
is there a specific housing complex that the majority of the students lived in near the school?
Here is a ppt of common housing options they provided to us via the Facebook group.
@Freddywap CONGRATS!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K