2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who got interviews here, did your status change to SS or does that absolutely have nothing to do with the chances of getting an II?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview here! My first one!!!

Edit: LizzyM 71, IS applicant, complete July 24

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
II just now!

Complete 8/3, IS, stats in signature

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got interviews here, did your status change to SS or does that absolutely have nothing to do with the chances of getting an II?
Mine changed to SS for a while and it just changed to MV (Med School Invite to Interview)

In-State Applicant
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 521
Primary & Secondary Complete: 9/4/2018
Interview Invite via Email: 9/20/2018 @ 3:15AM

Reactions: 1 users
In-State Applicant
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 521
Primary & Secondary Complete: 9/4/2018
Interview Invite via Email: 9/20/2018 @ 3:15AM
congrats. did you submit secondary on 9/4, or got complete email on 9/4? thanks.

Once again, as someone stated before me, if you get an II, please post complete date/OOS or IS/Stats or LMscore. It helps no one else if you just post II.

Does Wayne State give preference to IS applicants? Seems like these first few rounds of IIs have been mostly IS

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Wayne State give preference to IS applicants? Seems like these first few rounds of IIs have been mostly IS
Yes they do at least according to the numbers on MSAR and a few other charts.

Reactions: 1 user
II email at about 3am this morning! Scheduled for Oct 19 :)

IS applicant
Apps complete 7/11
GPA 3.9
MCAT 513

Reactions: 2 users
They basically have to, its a public school so its state-funded. That would be terrible to us living in Michigan otherwise.

They basically have to, its a public school so its state-funded. That would be terrible to us living in Michigan otherwise.
you guys will be alright, MI has like 50,000 schools, just make room for us California students lol

I am not applying myself (obviously) but I know an applicant and....

"M.D. Admissions Interview Process Google Hangout - Sept 26"

Expert Level Trolling.

The best part is that on a smart phone it looks like MD admissions interview!

I am not applying myself (obviously) but I know an applicant and....

"M.D. Admissions Interview Process Google Hangout - Sept 26"

Expert Level Trolling.
Honestly. It hurt my soul. I feel like now they’re just having fun with it.

I’m outraged at this this email !! They couldn’t come up with a better subject line ??!

Reactions: 3 users
I didn’t get the email :arghh: I’m not even worth their hangout time :unsure:

The subject line is genius. It makes you actually read the whole email and increase opening rate :) and turnout. It stinks to be on the receiving end though.

Now I understand the mental conflict that people feel when their significant others are physically abusive, but they can't bring themselves to break up.
I would honestly not use that example considering I went through that lol

Now I understand the mental conflict that people feel when their significant others are physically abusive, but they can't bring themselves to break up.

It gets better though. If you actually try to sign up, they ask when you expect to start at WSU. You either love me or you don’t. Stop confusing me!!

It gets better though. If you actually try to sign up, they ask when you expect to start at WSU. You either love me or you don’t. Stop confusing me!!
Maybe its a good sign, as in an interview is forthcoming? Just tryna stay delusionally optimistic lol

That email is pure evil

They also sent me something via mail and I opened it only to find out its basically an AD asking me to apply, I already did wayne!

Seriously Wayne if you have time to troll me with emails, you have time to send me a II!

Saw “Wayne State MD” and “Interview” in the title and nearly flipped. LOL!!! Thanks for trolling us, Wayne.

Why you do this to me Wayne!!!!! I almost died ...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Started freaking out when I saw the email and then realized I didn’t even apply here

Reactions: 9 users
Just curious, but why is michigan appealing when you're from cali??
The mid-west in general focus more on being great clinicians and Cali is all about research and not enough schools.

For sure, that makes a lot of sense. I was just wondering if there was anything that was attracting people to michigan, but it seems like just mid-west in general

For sure, that makes a lot of sense. I was just wondering if there was anything that was attracting people to michigan, but it seems like just mid-west in general
I applied to 30 schools and not one in Cali lol and I can say majority are in the mid-west (IL/MI/MO). Community service is a big thing among the schools in the mid-west, which I have alot of coming from Oakland,CA #Yayarea.

Being a CA resident is ****

It puts you at a disadvantage.

Most residents of other states can get into good schools with reasonable stats, but in CA we pay all this tax and there’s #1 not enough schools considering our population #2 no policies helping
Our in state students and #3 almost all of our schools are “high rank” which means they are of little use to Average Californians who don’t have 3 years of research and just wanna do family practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Three and a half years ago I promised myself I would do everything humanly possible to learn and train downtown at Wayne. The most fulfilling moment is telling my father and number one inspiration, a Wayne MD alumni, that I would be joining him to serve others as a physician.

All the hours paid off. Do not give up on your goals. Accepted, EDP.

Reactions: 20 users