2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharing your stat?
EDP applicant so stats don’t matter for everyone else. You’re not even eligible for EDP unless 3.6+ Bcpm GPA and 65th percentile or higher on mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like the portal is down for everyone, I guess we're all rejected

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if Wayne is receptive to ITA notifications? I'm moving out of state soon and it would be a lot more convenient if I could plan everything out

Will a letter of intent get me in? This is my top choice hands down

Members don't see this ad :)

You might have similar chances of getting in by reciting the holy gospel or donating your liver unless you’ve already gotten an acceptance elsewhere or are waitlisted here man

Reactions: 1 users
You might have similar chances of getting in by reciting the holy gospel or donating your liver unless you’ve already gotten an acceptance elsewhere or are waitlisted here man
what changes when you hold an acceptance elsewhere? is it a thing that can change the weight given to a letter of intent? I have not heard of this.

what changes when you hold an acceptance elsewhere? is it a thing that can change the weight given to a letter of intent? I have not heard of this.

I know that USC won't read any update letters when you are on the waitlist UNLESS you are holding another acceptance. I think some schools have an ego complex that makes them only want to take kids that have other options.

An intent letter is really only meaningful if you can say I’d go to x college over any others. It’s hard to prove that when you don’t have an acceptance since technically you’d go to any college at that point. With an acceptance in hand you’re saying that even with this, I’d still go here.

I think you should send it, if they gave you an interview invite and you're an in-state student. Special thing about this year is, schools cannot see if you have acceptances from other schools

Secondary completed on July 19th. OOS. 3.7/509. II received on September 18th via email. II completed on September 24th. Is it smart to send a thank you note for this kind of thing to admissions post interview?

just checked my portal because and my status changed to "med school invite to interview"!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Complete date 8/5 ... sGPA 3.49 ... 3.80 if post bac and using their 20 hrs rule and MCAT 513

Reactions: 3 users
So after checking my portal again, I found that I submitted my secondary and everything else by the first week of august but I didn't submit the photo ID until aug 15. Does that mean I was complete mid august or early august? Or does it not matter

So after checking my portal again, I found that I submitted my secondary and everything else by the first week of august but I didn't submit the photo ID until aug 15. Does that mean I was complete mid august or early august? Or does it not matter

I don’t think it matters....but they did send a complete email, so i’d go by that date.

II today! OOS, URM, LM~70, completed 7/14

Reactions: 1 users
You would be complete on Aug 15 then. Shouldn't matter in the long run, looks like they're mostly interviewing OOS applicants right now and those with LizzyM around 70

You would be complete on Aug 15 then. Shouldn't matter in the long run, looks like they're mostly interviewing OOS applicants right now and those with LizzyM around 70
Hope you’re right! Here’s to hoping I get an II as an oos applicant with a Lizzym around 70 haha

Last edited:
got an II at 3 am this morning. Woke up to that message at 4 am, looked at my phone, got super excited and went back to sleep convincing myself it was a dream. Then I woke up and realized iT WAS REAL!!!!!!

complete date 7/17, OOS (mom is from detroit) , LM ~70. SUPER PSYCHED!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Did anyone's status change from SS to SC today under the Med School in Process section?

Nope, I just checked the portal and it had changed to that

So I have been finished with my app here for over a month. I just saw that I hadn't uploaded the technical standards. I just uploaded it today. Do they review apps before the additional materials are uploaded?

So I have been finished with my app here for over a month. I just saw that I hadn't uploaded the technical standards. I just uploaded it today. Do they review apps before the additional materials are uploaded?
I still haven’t uploaded technical standards and I II this past Monday.

Does anyone here know how Google Hangouts work? Are they going to be able to see us like a video chat tonight? Or is it more like a live stream where they cannot see the viewers? Sorry if this is a stupid question

Does anyone here know how Google Hangouts work? Are they going to be able to see us like a video chat tonight? Or is it more like a live stream where they cannot see the viewers? Sorry if this is a stupid question
God I hope they can't see us I'm gonna be lookin pretty haggard today. Pretty sure they can't see us. There's gonna be so many people tuning in.

God I hope they can't see us I'm gonna be lookin pretty haggard today. Pretty sure they can't see us. There's gonna be so many people tuning in.
Wait was is this for? lol

Hope y'all will report back with anything groundbreaking you learned from hanging out with Wayne

So they finally started sending out those II but where is mineee

Reactions: 5 users
What's the difference between SS and SC on application status page?

Reactions: 1 user