2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was SS. My portal didn't change but I did receive an email. 510 3.86 complete on July 11th

Is there a new area on your portal to schedule an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a grad student at WSU and have seen multiple non-EDP interview groups walking around campus the past few weeks. EDP-only interviews ended Aug 31st.
Well, it looks like SDNers are blacklisted lol

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has the interview portal changed for those with II's?
Also, are interview dates posted on the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
So it has begun....

congrats to everyone who got II. I hope to be you when I grow up

Reactions: 16 users
Any idea how often Wayne updates the admission tracker? Doesn’t look like it reflect the new II

Sooo I just found an email from 2 years ago (from when I first took my MCAT but didn’t apply) from the Wayne recruiter .. at the end it says “if you decide to apply please send me an email once you’ve completed your secodnary’s” lmao uhmmm ????

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday. Complete mid/early July

Reactions: 3 users
II!! IS, complete 8/31

Reactions: 3 users
I've been complete since July 10th. Have us July people gotten passed over? I've seen a few II for people complete in August

Reactions: 1 user
I've been complete since July 10th. Have us July people gotten passed over? I've seen a few II for people complete in August
Chances are they’re not going in order of completion

It's not in order at all. Usually, the higher LizzyM students get invited first (65-70+) but there isn't data for this, just observation. Last round all of my friends from the Master's program didn't even get an interview until February and it's a specifically designed program for med school and should at least give us a first look for interviews. But that didn't happen.

@TobyFlendersin Is the interview schedule different for MD/MPH applicants?
The interview schedule for MD/PhD is the same for MD. Interviews for the program with MD/PhD Program faculty will be scheduled to coincide with interviews for medical school admission. Candidates are then interviewed separately for the MD program and for the MD/PhD program by members of the interview panels. You are also offered the opportunity to meet with appropriate faculty and current MD/PhD students during their visit.

We got Toby and Michael on the same thread? lol
tumblr_mxezr6qN7F1skg82io8_r3_250.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what site offers data on acceptance rate post interview for whatever school?

So according to aamc only around 5.5k apps were submitted last cycle. And that’s not even accounting for all the people who didn’t complete the secondary. Where is wayne getting this 9000 number

https://www.aamc.org/download/321442/data/factstablea1.pdf
Idk but I swear to you I looked at the tracker last year and it had around 9,500 applications. And admissions told me over the phone a couple weeks ago they got backtracked because of 9,000 applications.

Idk but I swear to you I looked at the tracker last year and it had around 9,500 applications. And admissions told me over the phone a couple weeks ago they got backtracked because of 9,000 applications.
Maybe they mistyped it? 9 is awfully close to 5 on the keyboard :)

Idk. I’m more inclined to trust the aamc. Plus logically this makes sense too. No way can a school jump 4K apps in a year especially when it was a year where the total number of applicants went down

Idk. I’m more inclined to trust the aamc. Plus logically this makes sense too. No way can a school jump 4K apps in a year especially when it was a year where the total number of applicants went down

Well although the AAMC spreadsheet data you shared said 2017-2018 applicants, it had the EXACT same number of applicants wayne med reported for their 2017 entering class (https://admissions.med.wayne.edu/application/class-profiles) so I'm going to assume they have data from the wrong year. Also agree with Toby, I frequently checked the tracker as a WSU grad student and I think it capped at 9700. Also there was a lot of talk about how long they had to extend interviews until because of how many apps they received/I talked to some professors who were interviewers who discussed how crazy high the applicant number increased.

Last edited:
Well although the AAMC spreadsheet data you shared said 2017-2018 applicants, it had the EXACT same number of applicants wayne med reported for their 2017 entering class (https://admissions.med.wayne.edu/application/class-profiles) so I'm going to assume they have data from the wrong year. Also agree with Toby, I frequently checked the tracker as a WSU grad student and I think it capped at 9700. Also there was a lot of talk about how long they had to extend interviews until because of how many apps they received/I talked to some professors who were interviewers who discussed how crazy high the applicant number increased.
Maybe , although I can’t imagine aamc making that big of a mistake without fixing it even now

They mentioned that 9000 applicants number during our first day of orientation and during our white coat ceremony. Make of that what you will. :shrug:

Maybe , although I can’t imagine aamc making that big of a mistake without fixing it even now
You're also looking at the wrong year. 2017-2018 was 2 years ago. Last round was 2018-2019 and this year is 2019-2020. Look at the dates in your Wayne secondary for verification if needed. Also, last year is when they started the email blasts, all-out recruiting for minority students around the country, and lowered OOS tuition for the first time in years. They almost lost accreditation from lack of diversity 2-3 years ago. All of this stuff could easily generate an extra 4,000 applications from one year to the next.

You're also looking at the wrong year. 2017-2018 was 2 years ago. Last round was 2018-2019 and this year is 2019-2020. Look at the dates in your Wayne secondary for verification if needed. Also, last year is when they started the email blasts, all-out recruiting for minority students around the country, and lowered OOS tuition for the first time in years. They almost lost accreditation from lack of diversity 2-3 years ago. All of this stuff could easily generate an extra 4,000 applications from one year to the next.
Wait but this current cycle is the 2018-2019 one. Even amcas says that when you open it. It goes by application cycle

Wait but this current cycle is the 2018-2019 one. Even amcas says that when you open it. It goes by application cycle
My AMCAS says only "2019 application" and doesn't have 2018-2019. If you check your Wayne portal, it says 2019-2020 application for this current round. Look, I wish it wasn't 9,000 applications as much as you but I've talked closely with rxailagan and med school interviewers who have all agreed about the 9,000+ number. Even burntflower said the same as a current student. There's so much overlap during May-July of application years that its probably difficult for scores to report on time.