2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who are going to be renting or have been renting, how did you guys do it/ or how will you do it?

Would love some insight on this. The moving process between hometown to Mesa to CHC has been bugging me lately

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone has questions about living in the area, PM me and I can try to help! I'm from Mesa so I'm familiar with just about everywhere

Members don't see this ad :)
hey y'all! for those who interviewed, what time did y'all finish? im looking at a 2:20 pm flight out of phoenix. would i be good?

for those that currently attend at-stil soma, do they offer many scholarship options? and how much in grants were you able to get through fafsa?

For those who have recently received II's: mind sharing which dates are currently open? Contemplating throwing in a last-minute app here since the MD cycle is rolling along very slowly for me

For those who have recently received II's: mind sharing which dates are currently open? Contemplating throwing in a last-minute app here since the MD cycle is rolling along very slowly for me

I’ve been complete since early October and haven’t heard word back. It might be a little late, but you never know

i was complete in august and i got an ii for jan. there were some december dates available but i started my new job so i didnt want to take off that soon.

i was complete in august and i got an ii for jan. there were some december dates available but i started my new job so i didnt want to take off that soon.
thanks for sharing-- specifically, could you tell me when you were invited to interview, and then which dates were available at that point? trying to figure out how far out they're booking slots in terms of setting up interviews

thanks for sharing-- specifically, could you tell me when you were invited to interview, and then which dates were available at that point? trying to figure out how far out they're booking slots in terms of setting up interviews
I got invited in november i believe. late november and they had early december dates still available at that point. im guessing right now they would have interview dates for early next week.

for those that interviewed, are there hotels that offer shuttles to/from the school and/or the airport?

Hey guys, does anyone know if ATSU-SOMA is receptive to update letters? This is a top choice to me because it is close to home, but I have had absolute silence from them since July.

Hey guys, does anyone know if ATSU-SOMA is receptive to update letters? This is a top choice to me because it is close to home, but I have had absolute silence from them since July.
I'm pretty sure they do accept them, but you should call their admissions office and double check!

Members don't see this ad :)
for those that interviewed, are there hotels that offer shuttles to/from the school and/or the airport?

I haven't interviewed yet but I know that La Quinta and Country Inn offer shuttle's but it depends on driver availability. I'm going to be using that T&T service that ATSU linked at the bottom of the PDF. They will drive you from the airport to the hotel, then to the school for the interview and then back to the airport. Maybe check that out?

I haven't interviewed yet but I know that La Quinta and Country Inn offer shuttle's but it depends on driver availability. I'm going to be using that T&T service that ATSU linked at the bottom of the PDF. They will drive you from the airport to the hotel, then to the school for the interview and then back to the airport. Maybe check that out?
hey can you DM me that information about the T&T Service?

if anyone has advice on ranking CHC sites, please message me!

Edit: Specifically looking for student insight at their respective CHC location.

Last edited:
Got a pre-interview reject here today via email. Lizzy M 62 and complete late October. Good luck to everyone else!

current fourth year, the curriculum might have changed, but when i was a first year we had small groups 1-2x a week which included problem-based learning, but majority was traditional lectures.
current 1st year here, there are still small groups every friday afternoon and yea most of it is traditional lectures (a mix of online and live presentation). It seems like it hasn't changed much in a few years.

II just now! In-state, complete mid-July

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the interview Invite! Complete mid-september

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
II today! Earliest available is Feb 14...does anyone know if they’ve filled up the class yet? Are they interviewing people for the alternate list / waitlist at this point?

II today! Earliest available is Feb 14...does anyone know if they’ve filled up the class yet? Are they interviewing people for the alternate list / waitlist at this point?

Same, and OOS, so I'm flying in. Scared I'll be put on waitlist/don't even have a chance because that's still a month away...

I'm pretty sure they have interviews going out through April and they definitely still take students from those. If the school is of interest to you guys getting II's for February, you absolutely have a chance of securing a spot

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Just took a Pre-II R from here! Complete 8/6.

Just received an II from ATSU-SOMA! However, I already have an acceptance elsewhere and seeing as how late it is in the cycle, I'm a little concerned not only about my chances, but also my chance of getting a desirable CHC site? Are those assigned to everyone accepted already? Will I have less of a say in what my CHC is?

Does anybody have interview advice they could PM me about?

anyone know which CHCs are currently full/approaching full?

anyone know which CHCs are currently full/approaching full?
When I ranked mine 1-2 weeks ago, the ones that were left were Scranton, PA; Wichita Falls, TX; Alton, IL; Ridgeland, SC; Mt. Orab, OH; and Waianae, HI. Everywhere else had a waitlist.

They said there's A LOT of waitlist movement for the other CHCs, so even if you're placed at one of the above and they're not your top choice, it's likely you'll move up to a higher ranked CHC. Hope hat helps!

for anyone that has withdrawn their acceptance (after first deposit), who did you email and what did u say?

Anyone know if they will be opening up more interview dates? The only one rn is in late April

just forfeited my interview for jan 31. hope it goes to one of y'all best of luck! trying to save money on flights/hotels/ubers, and i have a few great acceptances!

I ranked my CHC like back in December. Has anyone gotten any emails regarding movement up their preferred CHC site?

Does anyone know when financial aid awards information starts getting sent out to students?

Does anyone know when financial aid awards information starts getting sent out to students?
I got my email about how to start filing for FAFSA around Christmas time and finally filed in January. I think it said in like April they start figuring out how much you'll be awarded and then you'll get notified

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Can anyone offer advice about where to find ATSU-SOMA 1+3 pros and cons, and the lecture schedule outside of clinicals? While I love the idea of early integration with patients, not sure I like the idea of being on a CHC waitlist for an unknown year 2-4 destination, and then wondering about the quality of the teaching and virtual stuff, along with classmate interaction. Is everything basically online except for in person CHC with patients and how often each week? Lab? pls & thx!

Reactions: 2 users
Any tips on MMI and SOMA interview? This is my first MMI

Me too! I’m nervous
just be human and really empathize with the patient during MMI. Don't brush them off . the key thing is to LISTEN to them and make sure you address their concerns. There are a ton of MMI resources on the internet and i think i used this. Just make sure it does not come off as "rehearsed".

just be human and really empathize with the patient during MMI. Don't brush them off . the key thing is to LISTEN to them and make sure you address their concerns. There are a ton of MMI resources on the internet and i think i used this. Just make sure it does not come off as "rehearsed".

Thanks so much! I wish you the best with this cycle :)

Thanks so much! I wish you the best with this cycle :)

Me too! I’m nervous
Read what others have posted on this thread.
Just be yourself, be helpful with your teammates, and be sincere. You're gonna do great!

Anyone know if they will be opening up more interview dates? The only one rn is in late April
I'm not sure if they'll be adding more interview dates, but I know that you can call and be put on a waitlist for earlier dates in case anyone drops their interview slot.

Does anyone know if there is a specific type of teal required for students scrubs?

II today, OOS, complete 11/15
I was fortunate enough to have been accepted at another school.
Will be turning this one down. Hopefully it goes to one of you worthy applicants!
Only date available 4/24

Reactions: 3 users
First interview invite of the cycle. Just as things seemed hopeless. Extremely excited. A little bummed that the interview date is over 2 months away but can't complain otherwise :)

Reactions: 8 users