-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Alabama
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sumbrwnkid
Full Member
For OOS applicants, how long after secondary completion does it usually take to hear back? I was complete by mid-late august and am trying to get an idea of when I might expect to receive some news.
futurebremd
Full Member
I'm OOS and was complete 7/24 and haven't heard anything back yet either, so not quite sure about timeline wise for OOS applicantsFor OOS applicants, how long after secondary completion does it usually take to hear back? I was complete by mid-late august and am trying to get an idea of when I might expect to receive some news.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interested in this as well. The numbers show around a 70+% acceptance rate post II IS, so hopefully not in that 30% lmao.Have any IS been rejected yet? Silence since July here
Sorry, never used Lizzy. This might sound crazy too, but never checked my MCAT score. lol.
how does one apply without checking Mcat score. That’s confidence!!
Does anyone know what time of the day calls usually go out for acceptances?
Got accepted by phone at 9:15 Alabama time! No change to the portal yet.
Got accepted by phone at 9:15 Alabama time! No change to the portal yet.
If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview?
If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview?
9/5. OOS.
I know some more calls are going out tomorrow, but any idea when they will be making decisions for those who interviewed on 10/10?
R this morning, OOS LM74 with strong ties to AL. Does anyone know if they're receptive to applicants asking for feedback?
They are, in fact they encourage it. Is this post interview?R this morning, OOS LM74 with strong ties to AL. Does anyone know if they're receptive to applicants asking for feedback?
They are, in fact they encourage it. Is this post interview?
Pre-II. Thanks for the information! I'll definitely ask them for feedback
devarlin23
Full Member
Received the R email on Thursday, interviewed 9/19.
Bummed out because I really liked the school but I wish the best for the rest of you guys.
Bummed out because I really liked the school but I wish the best for the rest of you guys.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry, and I wish you the best of luck in the rest of your cycle! But gotta ask, IS or OS?Received the R email on Thursday, interviewed 9/19.
Bummed out because I really liked the school but I wish the best for the rest of you guys.
OOS with extremely strong ties, but have had silence since I sent secondary... should I keep hoping? Is this basically a rejection?🙁 I'm getting a little antsy with applications. (I've sent out of secondaries, no interview invites yet...)
devarlin23
Full Member
Sorry, and I wish you the best of luck in the rest of your cycle! But gotta ask, IS or OS?
OOS
pepsisoduh
New Member
I did and received an offer via phone at the end of last week. I hope you hear back soon.Anyone from 09/19 interview group heard back yet?
I did and received an offer via phone at the end of last week. I hope you hear back soon.
Congratulations and thank you for the kind words! If you don't mind me asking, are you IS or OOS?
pepsisoduh
New Member
OOSCongratulations and thank you for the kind words! If you don't mind me asking, are you IS or OOS?
Has anyone gotten an Ii recently?
diasterdream
Full Member
Got an II today. Complete in September.Has anyone gotten an Ii recently?
Supremehobo
New Member
Got the acceptance call earlier today. IS, interviewed 10/3.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Got an II today. Complete in September.
Congratulations!!!!!! If you don’t mind me asking are you IS or OOS and what were your stats?
diasterdream
Full Member
IS. 3.89, 512Congratulations!!!!!! If you don’t mind me asking are you IS or OOS and what were your stats?
diasterdream
Full Member
Rumor on the street is that UAB tries to interview the majority of IS applicants. My interview is in January so there are still more chances to interview.Congratulations!!!!!! If you don’t mind me asking are you IS or OOS and what were your stats?
SamWinchester
Full Member
Accepted!!! OOS, interviewed early September. So insanely excited right now
Supremehobo
New Member
Congrats on the acceptance! Just wondering, have you gotten an acceptance email yet? I got a phone call yesterday but no emails from UAB.Accepted!!! OOS, interviewed early September. So insanely excited right now
Congrats to both of you! Regular MD or PCT?Congrats on the acceptance! Just wondering, have you gotten an acceptance email yet? I got a phone call yesterday but no emails from UAB.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Supremehobo
New Member
regular MD for meCongrats to both of you! Regular MD or PCT?
Congrats on the acceptance! Just wondering, have you gotten an acceptance email yet? I got a phone call yesterday but no emails from UAB.
I was accepted this morning, and I didn't get an email either. I'm sure they'll send it out early next week.
Accepted!!! OOS, interviewed early September. So insanely excited right now
Congrats!! That OOS tuition though...😱
Congrats!! Just wondering did they communicate with you at all once they tweeted they had reviewed all of your interview group? Or was it radio silence until now?Accepted!!! OOS, interviewed early September. So insanely excited right now
SamWinchester
Full Member
Nothing yet!Congrats on the acceptance! Just wondering, have you gotten an acceptance email yet? I got a phone call yesterday but no emails from UAB.
SamWinchester
Full Member
Regular MD for me as wellCongrats to both of you! Regular MD or PCT?
FreeBird21
Full Member
Got acceptance call on Thursday. Interviewed 9/5.
Did they contact you at all between your interview and the acceptance?Got acceptance call on Thursday. Interviewed 9/5.
FreeBird21
Full Member
No. They haven't sent the acceptance email either.Did they contact you at all between your interview and the acceptance?
Can anyone speak to what the interview was like and how to best prepare? I believe it's a combo of MMI and traditional, is that correct? Any tips welcomed (of'course nothing in detail)
Same same!OOS, submitted 7/24 and have heard nothing... anybody else out there :-(
OOS with strong ties and complete 8/21. No news since. Interviewed last cycle.
Just Google MMI and/or watch youtube videos of an MMI to get a feel for how it is done. They make up scenarios so nothing you can do to prepare for MMIs. For traditional, they have your essays but not your grades and MCAT scores, so go over that part of your app. The same applies for almost any med school so this isn't anything unique to UAB.
bluelight123
Full Member
Any OOS MD-PhD applicants here? My app has been under review since 8/12 and I haven't heard anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any OOS MD-PhD applicants here? My app has been under review since 8/12 and I haven't heard anything.
OOS MSTP, but I added the school in very late September.
bluelight123
Full Member
OOS MSTP, but I added the school in very late September.
Ah I see. Has your app been "under review" then (you should've received an email saying that)?
D
deleted998376
There is one more interview for MSTP, I believe in January. I received my invite around 1 month before the date, so it probably won’t be until December that more go out (aka don’t lose hope)
Ah I see. Has your app been "under review" then (you should've received an email saying that)?
I've been complete for MSTP since late August with no word yet. Their last interviews are the first week of December so it's not looking very promising unfortunately
Ah I see. Has your app been "under review" then (you should've received an email saying that)?
No. How long did it take for you to receive that email?