2019-2020 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, everyone! First off, I just want to say that I'll never forget Memorial Day bc I got into UC off the waitlist on the Wednesday after Memorial Day. So here's hoping for some good news this week.

Second, I just wanted to share a list of campus-area Jewish resources I drew up for Jewish med students. Just updated the links. It may also be of interest to vegetarians because there are a lot of veg-only restaurants on it. There are a few links of general interest, too! Enjoy. Jewish Medical Students' Association at UC College of Medicine - Sarah E. Beck.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What tier were you on, if you don’t mind me asking?

Hey, everyone! First off, I just want to say that I'll never forget Memorial Day bc I got into UC off the waitlist on the Wednesday after Memorial Day. So here's hoping for some good news this week.

Second, I just wanted to share a list of campus-area Jewish resources I drew up for Jewish med students. Just updated the links. It may also be of interest to vegetarians because there are a lot of veg-only restaurants on it. There are a few links of general interest, too! Enjoy. Jewish Medical Students' Association at UC College of Medicine - Sarah E. Beck.

I don't remember, but I think it must have been 2 or 3, because I was shocked.

Members don't see this ad :)
What sort of updates did you send to the admissions office between receiving your waitlist offer and your acceptance?

I don't remember, but I think it must have been 2 or 3, because I was shocked.

I don't remember exactly, but I do remember I didn't have anything significant to report. So I greatly doubt that an update helped me move off the WL. I definitely didn't send a letter of intent or anything like that, because I was all set to attend the other school that admitted me.

Reactions: 1 user
Just emailed admissions today about waitlist movement.

Their response:

"Thank you for reaching out – we hope this email finds you safe in the midst of this pandemic. We’re happy to answer your questions surrounding this year’s alternate list movement. First, please know that we understand holding a place on our alternate list puts you limbo. For this, we just want to say THANK YOU for hanging in there with us. Our goal will be to provide as much transparency as we possibly can in the coming weeks/months – always feel welcome to connect with us now and in the future.

At this time we’ve had no movement of offers from our alternate list. While we hoped for this to be a very active year of making offers, at the moment that anticipation is not panning out like we had originally planned. At this time, we don’t anticipate making offers from our alternate list until late May/June at the earliest.

We hope this has clarified your question. Again, always feel welcome to reach out to us if you have further questions – we are happy to help in any way that we can!"

Just emailed admissions today about waitlist movement.

Their response:

"Thank you for reaching out – we hope this email finds you safe in the midst of this pandemic. We’re happy to answer your questions surrounding this year’s alternate list movement. First, please know that we understand holding a place on our alternate list puts you limbo. For this, we just want to say THANK YOU for hanging in there with us. Our goal will be to provide as much transparency as we possibly can in the coming weeks/months – always feel welcome to connect with us now and in the future.

At this time we’ve had no movement of offers from our alternate list. While we hoped for this to be a very active year of making offers, at the moment that anticipation is not panning out like we had originally planned. At this time, we don’t anticipate making offers from our alternate list until late May/June at the earliest.

We hope this has clarified your question. Again, always feel welcome to reach out to us if you have further questions – we are happy to help in any way that we can!"

I got the same email, word by word, two weeks ago. I just asked them again today for an update and they said now it looks less likely for any waitlist movement this cycle :(

This is what I heard back from them:

“At this time we’ve had no movement for offers from our alternate list. While we hoped for this to be a very active year of making offers from the list, at the moment that anticipation is not panning out like we had originally planned as we’re currently at a standstill. We typically focus on tier two.”

Does anyone mind emailing adcoms about waitlist movement? I would do it but I feel like I've been checking in too often already in the past few weeks. My CTE at another school is at the end of next week so this is the final window for me :(

I'm planning to email them tomorrow, will report back

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all, here's what they said:

"Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, we have had no movement from our alternate list. At this time the chances are very slim that we will have any movement at all this summer. We appreciate you keeping us updated and we assure you that if we were to be put in a position to make an offer of acceptance to you, that we will first, call you and then follow-up with an email."

:(

Hey y'all, here's what they said:

"Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, we have had no movement from our alternate list. At this time the chances are very slim that we will have any movement at all this summer. We appreciate you keeping us updated and we assure you that if we were to be put in a position to make an offer of acceptance to you, that we will first, call you and then follow-up with an email."

:(
Nooooooo...rip

• Sad
Hahah thanks! Hope you have one as well!

Yoo...so like no waitlist movement this year?

Smh my head, rip in peace