2019-2020 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got off the phone with Admissions/Finaid and info regarding the drug screen and background check would be sent out to us sometime March/April. Sounds like we need to do it a certain number of days/months before matriculation. Sounds like all communication will be done through the DMU email once we receive our Pulse information. Financial aid awards will be distributed late winter or early spring.

Thanks for letting us know! Appreciate it, future fam!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how much time 2nd-year students get for dedicated board prep

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much time 2nd-year students get for dedicated board prep
It usually changes but this past year we got pretty much 6 weeks ish if I remember correctly (but my mind is mush so maybe not). In the middle of that was the COMSAE practice exam. Some people counted that and say we only got 4 weeks, but honestly its a practice exam that you would be taking anyway so I said the full 6ish. I thought it was more than enough and I took mine pretty early on, late June. I started up uworld and B&B right after christmas and just integrated it into classwork

Reactions: 1 users
It usually changes but this past year we got pretty much 6 weeks ish if I remember correctly (but my mind is mush so maybe not). In the middle of that was the COMSAE practice exam. Some people counted that and say we only got 4 weeks, but honestly its a practice exam that you would be taking anyway so I said the full 6ish. I thought it was more than enough and I took mine pretty early on, late June. I started up uworld and B&B right after christmas and just integrated it into classwork
Thank you

Admitted! Interviewed 11/15

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed on 11/8 and haven’t heard anything back - am I the only one? I know somebody asked this earlier on this thread - but does anyone know if they stagger their announcements?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Admitted! Interviewed 11/18! I could cry right now I was going to have to put down a $1,000 non-refundable deposit for a school I didn't want to go to... So happy :smug:

Reactions: 4 users
Same I haven't heard back yet....

I emailed one of the people on admissions and she said that I should be hearing back sometime this evening - so I imagine it will be the same for you

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed one of the people on admissions and she said that I should be hearing back sometime this evening - so I imagine it will be the same for you

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just paid my deposit! About to join the FB page. See you all there next year :)

II received, set for January 17th, does anyone know a good hotel to stay at with close distance/shuttle to the school?

Waitlisted. Commence the wait for the quartile list.

II at 9:28 pm... weird its so late. Complete 10/11 as well!

• Wow
Just paid my deposit! About to join the FB page. See you all there next year :)

Did you pay half or full? I paid half and didn’t get anything for the fb page.

Did you pay half or full? I paid half and didn’t get anything for the fb page.

half as well, but if you search their groups on the FB page, you can find the DO class of 2024 group. It currently has 12 members.

Did the button disappear after you paid your deposit?

half as well, but if you search their groups on the FB page, you can find the DO class of 2024 group. It currently has 12 members.

Did the button disappear after you paid your deposit?

Ah okay. Do we need an invite or is it open to join?

It didn’t disappear for me.

Ah okay. Do we need an invite or is it open to join?

It didn’t disappear for me.

You have to request to join.

Good to know, mine is the same. Excited :)

Accepted :) Interviewed 11/22

Reactions: 2 users
3 months since app complete and nothing. F in the chat

I think my application took 3 months and 2 weeks and I received 2 days ago.

• Love
3 months since app complete and nothing. F in the chat

It took exactly 1 month from my completion to II, so the timeline varies considerably. Note: I submitted primary/secondary quite late, late October-Early November.

I would try emailing them and checking in. I started freaking out about 2months after submitting my app and emailed asking them if everything was complete on my end. I received an interview invite within a week after that

• Love
Just paid my deposit! so excited

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations on all the news everyone!! :) It seems like most people got news about a month after their interview? I have a deposit due 1/3 for $2,000 at another school and I interviewed 12/12. Hoping do hear back from DMU but I’m pretty sure I won’t by then with the holidays? Do you guys think it’s a good idea to email DMU about my position?

Anyone else still waiting to hear decision from 11/22 interview? :(

Congratulations on all the news everyone!! :) It seems like most people got news about a month after their interview? I have a deposit due 1/3 for $2,000 at another school and I interviewed 12/12. Hoping do hear back from DMU but I’m pretty sure I won’t by then with the holidays? Do you guys think it’s a good idea to email DMU about my position?

Rough situation to be in. I would email them and just ask if they think that a decision will be available by then, and explain your situation. Unfortunately, I would highly doubt that with Christmas next week and the normal turnaround being 4 weeks that they will have it in by then. Just wait as long as you can

II today complete >90 days ago. Emailed to check in on app since it was over 90 days and got the II the next day. LM 64 OOR

I was placed on hold here a few minutes ago. I was one day away from sending them an update letter. In their email they state:
“There is no need to submit additional documents. Updates to your GPA and MCAT scores should be sent directly to AACOMAS for processing.”

Does this mean I should absolutely not send my letter? It’s not MCAT or GPA related, rather a clinical job promotion and a first author research publication. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Rough situation to be in. I would email them and just ask if they think that a decision will be available by then, and explain your situation. Unfortunately, I would highly doubt that with Christmas next week and the normal turnaround being 4 weeks that they will have it in by then. Just wait as long as you can

Thanks so much! Yah I think that will be my course of action :) Hoping for the best!

can any current student speak about the scholarships? It seems like the website lists hundreds of internal scholarships are they really attainable for the majority of students?

Has anyone had luck getting off of being "on hold" for an interview? Looking for some hope here! So sorry if this has already been answered!

Received a II today, but most likely will be declining it. Hoping it goes to one of y'all. Merry Christmas!

can any current student speak about the scholarships? It seems like the website lists hundreds of internal scholarships are they really attainable for the majority of students?
Most are ones where you have to demonstrate interest in FM/EM, etc. or have to be a veteran. But others are available yeah

If any other 1/23 interviewees wanna grab a beer the night before let’s link up and check out Des Moines

Reactions: 2 users