2019-2020 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected today after waiting 103 days on admissions.

I've attached a file based on the information provided in this thread that may be useful to future applicants trying to gauge a timeline of dates as well as some of the stats of those that received interviews. Hopefully it helps somebody. Best of luck to everyone!

Here are my stats/dates to add more information for anyone in the future:
Complete: 6/27
Interview Invite: 8/2
OOS
MCAT: 508
cGPA: 3.75
sGPA: 3.74

Received another pre-II hold email today. Forst one was mid-October... Anyone else?

Last edited:
Is it the same email twice, or is it just an active update?

II on 11/4, anybody else interview that day and get a response?

I interviewed 11/4..still haven’t heard anything. I wish they would hurry up though because of the traffic guidelines.

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 87 post completion email. Fingers crossed for good news this week :xf:

I interviewed 11/4..still haven’t heard anything. I wish they would hurry up though because of the traffic guidelines.

Ugh I interviewed on 11/18 and was praying they'd get back soon... but if you guys haven't even heard back then I'm so screwed... my $1000 non-refundable deposit for a school that I don't know if I want to go to is due 12/15 :arghh: Any tips on what to do? Or should I just kiss my$1000 goodbye... :( I liked DMU so much I'd much rather put my deposit down for here... why they gotta do this to us

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh I interviewed on 11/18 and was praying they'd get back soon... but if you guys haven't even heard back then I'm so screwed... my $1000 non-refundable deposit for a school that I don't know if I want to go to is due 12/15 :arghh: Any tips on what to do? Or should I just kiss my$1000 goodbye... :( I liked DMU so much I'd much rather put my deposit down for here... why they gotta do this to us

In a similar boat, interviewed on the 15th. I'd wait it out for as long as possible, place your deposit down on the last day (if necessary) hoping to hear back from DMU by then!

Accepted!!! Interviewed on 11/7 :)

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted, II on 11/4. Phew because I really thought I had absolutely bombed my interview.

Reactions: 4 users

Yeah, you gotta just bite the bullet. It would be terrible if you didn't get another acceptance and then had to do another cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
I just kept smiling but inside I was dying

I had a 4 hour drive home after my interview and I think I had like 10 panic attacks while I was replaying all of my answers in my head LOL

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed 11/07, put on "alternate list"

email also included "Your position within the Alternate List guarantees that you will be considered if space becomes available." not sure if that means anything special or if i'm reading too much into it? if anyone has any insight that would be great! i tried to check last year's thread and some people speculated that it meant you were in the top quartile of the waitlist... but no one confirmed if that was correct or not.

Interview invite today. Complete 9/10.

Reactions: 1 users
wait-listed interviewed 11/7. Let the count down begin for the quartile list!

Interview invite yesterday and scheduled for 12/12, complete 9/4. Can’t tell if this is a late interview? They had a bunch of interview days in January.

When do we get the info on how to do the drug screen and background check?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

think I’m going to call in and inquire about finaid as well as all this stuff. Haven’t paid my deposit yet as I’m still waiting on news, but will likely get it done soon.

For people that have already interviewed, is the majority of the interview indoors or outdoors? Just trying to gauge as to whether I should bring a jacket or not to the interview(or if my suit will suffice for the cold temperature).

Also, is there a place to hang up your jacket?

Also, is there a place to hang up your jacket?

99% in doors unless you convince your guide to go outside. And yes there’s a closet space to check in your personal belongings. You can always access it later. There are hangers for your coat and a space underneath for suitcases.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If weather is crazy, guides said they would take the tunnels and not subject us to the conditions outside.

Just withdrew my interview here, hope it goes to one of you deserving ppl!

Just got off the phone with Admissions/Finaid and info regarding the drug screen and background check would be sent out to us sometime March/April. Sounds like we need to do it a certain number of days/months before matriculation. Sounds like all communication will be done through the DMU email once we receive our Pulse information. Financial aid awards will be distributed late winter or early spring.

Anyone else from Florida about to drop the admissions deposit on DMU and move to the cold for the first time?