-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Eastern Virginia
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Does EVMS reject post interview or just waitlist ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post interview rejects do happen but usually people don't advertise that online (similar to how most people don't advertise if they've been placed on the bottom third of the waitlist).Does EVMS reject post interview or just waitlist ?
Pre-med9820
Full Member
If you have a 3:30 interview, do you know what you do between 2 when they start and the time of your interview? Do you just have time to yourself to read a book or prepare some more for the interview?
alwaysnice
Full Member
Yep you do have down timeIf you have a 3:30 interview, do you know what you do between 2 when they start and the time of your interview? Do you just have time to yourself to read a book or prepare some more for the interview?
Congratulations!!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?Accepted via email! Interviewed 10/18. Hoping everyone hears good news soon!
Congratulations!!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thanks! 3.73 cGPA/3.91 sGPA/515, OOS non-trad (military vet).
Okay thank you very much! Congratulations again!!!Thanks! 3.73 cGPA/3.91 sGPA/515, OOS non-trad (military vet).
how long did it take to get your secondary?
guys I just wanted to say a few words to those who got waitlisted :
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know you are probably upset right now, but I really want to try to get you look at it differently!!!!!! you did amazing! they put you on the waitlist, because they LIKED YOU. if they didn't, they would have rejected you! give your self a big pat on the back! you did great! all it means is that they really really liked you, but they are just not quite ready to give you the final answer just now (that's the way I see it). So, take a deep breath. Think about how far you've come!!!!!!! the absolute majority of ppl do not even get the interview invitation!
breath, breath, and keep going through the rest of the cycle. most likely you will still get at least a few invites, so stay strong, optimistic, and don't forgot to send updates!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know you are probably upset right now, but I really want to try to get you look at it differently!!!!!! you did amazing! they put you on the waitlist, because they LIKED YOU. if they didn't, they would have rejected you! give your self a big pat on the back! you did great! all it means is that they really really liked you, but they are just not quite ready to give you the final answer just now (that's the way I see it). So, take a deep breath. Think about how far you've come!!!!!!! the absolute majority of ppl do not even get the interview invitation!
breath, breath, and keep going through the rest of the cycle. most likely you will still get at least a few invites, so stay strong, optimistic, and don't forgot to send updates!
TheNumbersMason
Full Member
Withdrawing my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you awesome people! 🙂
D
deleted895575
withdrew my II because i can't justify the cost to attend oos, hope it goes to someone great!
RIP. Waitlist email in the middle of trying to meditate lmao, EVMS doesn’t want to let me be calm clearly
interviewed 11/1, OOS
interviewed 11/1, OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!! I cannot believe it!!
Also accepted. Interviewed 10/30
Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats? and if you are IS or OOS?Also accepted. Interviewed 10/30
Just got accepted! Interviewed 10/25, OOS.
Waitlisted in top third; OOS, ORM, LM 72. Any idea what my chances are?
From what I've heard, a lot of the class ends up coming from the waitlist.
From what I've heard, a lot of the class ends up coming from the waitlist.
Attended II today and they said the same. Fingers crossed
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
What did they say about the waitlist ? Still waiting on a decisionAttended II today and they said the same. Fingers crossed
What did they say about the waitlist ? Still waiting on a decision
They didn't really talk about when there would be waitlist movement, but I'm assuming there will be some movement come March/April. Sorry, didn't think about asking this question.
On a side note, really love everything this school offers. Campus is very nice compared to the other schools I have interviewed at. Lunch could have been improved, but I'm not complaining about free food. Fingers crossed I hear some good news in four weeks. Hoping I hear before 12/14 (1st DO deposit deadline).
Don't stress out anyone interviewing tomorrow, it was very conversational!
oh wow, congrats! They’re really moving on getting decisions.
Pre-med9820
Full Member
FIRST ACCEPTANCE !!! Interviewed 11/13
Congratulations!!! Do yo mind sharing your stats??FIRST ACCEPTANCE !!! Interviewed 11/13
alwaysnice
Full Member
+1Alternate list today
interviewed 11/8 best of luck friends!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Pre-med9820
Full Member
Congratulations!!! Do yo mind sharing your stats??
In-state, LM 75
Withdrew my II here. Good luck everyone!
Anyone from 11/15 heard back yet?
Dang :/ I heard that many people get off the waitlist though!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?Waitlisted this morning; interviewed 11/13. This was my top choice.
runforfun98
Full Member
Interview invite this morning! Complete 7/16, OOS
Mind sharing stats??Interview invite this morning! Complete 7/16, OOS
I'm super late, but this was my first rejection (pre-secondary). Good luck to those who are waiting for their acceptances!
Primary Completed: 7/31
Secondary Offered: N/A
Informal Rejection: 8/29 (I was called by Ms. Gail Williams, as she did not want me to get the news via email months later. She thought I was a very special student and commended me on achieving what I had thus far. She noted that my performance in my recent master's program would be a close call... but an eventual "no" from the commitee, but she was confident I would get accepted to another institution. This meant a great deal to me. At the time, I was suffering from a great personal loss and did not even think I was going to get any interviews at all, so for her personal call and encouragement was invaluable. I'm glad I've revisited this, so I can give her the good news! But I must say... I think my secondary would've made the difference, lol! My personal statement was just the surface. 😛 )
Formal Rejection: 12/20
Primary Completed: 7/31
Secondary Offered: N/A
Informal Rejection: 8/29 (I was called by Ms. Gail Williams, as she did not want me to get the news via email months later. She thought I was a very special student and commended me on achieving what I had thus far. She noted that my performance in my recent master's program would be a close call... but an eventual "no" from the commitee, but she was confident I would get accepted to another institution. This meant a great deal to me. At the time, I was suffering from a great personal loss and did not even think I was going to get any interviews at all, so for her personal call and encouragement was invaluable. I'm glad I've revisited this, so I can give her the good news! But I must say... I think my secondary would've made the difference, lol! My personal statement was just the surface. 😛 )
Formal Rejection: 12/20
Last edited:
I'm super late, but this was my first rejection (pre-secondary). Good luck to those who are waiting for their acceptances!
Primary Completed: 7/31
Secondary Offered: N/A
Rejected: 8/29 (I was called by Ms. Gail Williams, as she did not want me to get the news via email months later. She thought I was a very special student and commended me on achieving what I had thus far. She noted that my performance in my recent master's program would be a close call... but an eventual "no" from the commitee, but she was confident I would get accepted to another institution. This meant a great deal to me. At the time, I was suffering from a great personal loss and did not even think I was going to get any interviews at all, so for her personal call and encouragement was invaluable. I'm glad I've revisited this, so I can give her the good news! But I must say... I think my secondary would've made the difference, lol! My personal statement was just the surface. 😛 )
Thank you for sharing this. And it was so nice of her to call and let you know in person. I am sorry to hear about your loss but congratulations on getting accepted to medical school. Good luck future doctor and colleague.🙂I'm super late, but this was my first rejection (pre-secondary). Good luck to those who are waiting for their acceptances!
Primary Completed: 7/31
Secondary Offered: N/A
Rejected: 8/29 (I was called by Ms. Gail Williams, as she did not want me to get the news via email months later. She thought I was a very special student and commended me on achieving what I had thus far. She noted that my performance in my recent master's program would be a close call... but an eventual "no" from the commitee, but she was confident I would get accepted to another institution. This meant a great deal to me. At the time, I was suffering from a great personal loss and did not even think I was going to get any interviews at all, so for her personal call and encouragement was invaluable. I'm glad I've revisited this, so I can give her the good news! But I must say... I think my secondary would've made the difference, lol! My personal statement was just the surface. 😛 )
Rejected post interview just now.
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
Just got the interview! Dates being offered were throughout January. Application complete 10/22
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is the alternate list ranked or grouped..?Alternate list over here. Pretty bummed, but still hopeful. Will call in to find out where
Just got the alternate list too :/ interviewed 11/15
is the alternate list ranked or grouped..?
Just got the alternate list too :/ interviewed 11/15
I believe it is grouped into thirds. Haven’t called yet.
+1, complete 9/4Just got the interview! Dates being offered were throughout January. Application complete 10/22
I believe it is grouped into thirds. Haven’t called yet.
You can call them and they'll tell you which tier you're in - top third, middle third, bottom thirdis the alternate list ranked or grouped..?
Just got the alternate list too :/ interviewed 11/15
also, everyone who interviewed and was accepted or not, feel free to add your data:
add your interview data here.
check your school's data here.
ADD YOUR OUTCOMES HERE