Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so does the new application get withdrawn the moment you accept the previous cycle’s acceptance?you can apply again even while on the waitlist.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ok so does the new application get withdrawn the moment you accept the previous cycle’s acceptance?you can apply again even while on the waitlist.
If you get accepted off the waitlist, you withdraw your amcas from consideration. Don't worry about that. If you get in you go ****ing party with your friends and family.Ok so does the new application get withdrawn the moment you accept the previous cycle’s acceptance?
You rightIf you get accepted off the waitlist, you withdraw your amcas from consideration. Don't worry about that. If you get in you go ****ing party with your friends and family.
Way too early to start overthinking something hahaI'm also gearing up to reapply, but there's also so much time between now and the AMCAS launch. I'd put most of your stuff together and just be ready for when it opens May 31st since most waitlist movement should/seems to happen before then.
Agreed. Also, I hate to be a Debby Downer but also keep in mind that a lot of schools' (I also think EVMS falls into this boat) CTE deadlines aren't until July, meaning that waitlist movement could plausibly happen during the new application cycle --> more reasons to have everything ready to go and submitted
I’m familiar with the CTE date but what is the AMCAS transmissions date and it’s significance? Sorry if it is a dumb question.Exactly! EVMS CTE's 7/18.
I believe AMCAS transmission date is pushed back too (July 10th I think), so might work out for this cycle 🙂
Im
I’m familiar with the CTE date but what is the AMCAS transmissions date and it’s significance? Sorry if it is a dumb question.
Yeah just reply to that email and ask. That's all I did.Just got email for alternate list. Interviewed 3/20 and OOS. Who do you email to ask about your position on the WL? Do you just reply to that email?
Wooo, they're done with the rest of the interviews. Now, let's see this WL move! Let there be light :O
Yeah they were.Wait, wasn't last date of interviews March 27th?
You're right lol. Sorry!
Heart started beating fast when I saw that EVMS email. Just info regarding the WL and LOIs/Update letters...
I literally just sent them an update letter 5 minutes before that was sent and thought it was a personal email because I messed up or something. Especially with the bold parts of the email! Phew! Glad it wasn't just me!Heart started beating fast when I saw that EVMS email. Just info regarding the WL and LOIs/Update letters...
Yes, my little brother got rejected post II here this cycle. Granted he said he interviewed VERY poorly due to lack of sleep. So it does happen but it’s possible they only reject post II if you completely bomb the interview.Does EVMS reject students post-interview? Thought I saw somewhere that you’re either accepted or
WL post-interview
Does EVMS reject students post-interview? Thought I saw somewhere that you’re either accepted or
WL post-interview
I got the alternate email yesterday morning, but got a phone call telling me I got in a few hours later. Interviewed 3/27. Also got the email about updates and such after I got the phone call.
Thanks! I was really confused when I got the phone call. They said they were just calling to see if I had any questions about EVMS, and I said no I'm just hoping to get in. Then they were like well your hopes have come true.That is awesome!
Thats great! IS or OS? etc?I got the alternate email yesterday morning, but got a phone call telling me I got in a few hours later. Interviewed 3/27. Also got the email about updates and such after I got the phone call.
Out of State, Go Tar-Heels! Don't know what tier I was in, didn't have time to ask. MCAT slightly below their average, GPA slightly above.Thats great! IS or OS? etc?
Out of State, Go Tar-Heels! Don't know what tier I was in, didn't have time to ask. MCAT slightly below their average, GPA slightly above.
SureLemme in EVMS!!!
Can I send you a PM?
Dang that's so awesome! Congrats! Sounds like a recurring dream of mine …. lolThanks! I was really confused when I got the phone call. They said they were just calling to see if I had any questions about EVMS, and I said no I'm just hoping to get in. Then they were like well your hopes have come true.
Placed on the super tier waiting listI got the alternate email yesterday morning, but got a phone call telling me I got in a few hours later. Interviewed 3/27. Also got the email about updates and such after I got the phone call.
Does anyone know how big the waitlist is per tier or overall? From that post-II google spreadsheet, OOS interviewed applicants last year had around a 70% chance of getting in. Idk how useful it is to speculate what my chances are to get off the middle tier waitlist, but just trying to find some light at the end of the tunnel since I'm currently on two waitlists. Thanks in advance for anyone who has this info.
If I get in I will definitely take you up on that offer. Even with all this time on my hands I can still only make ramen.If I get in, I will share a loaf of sourdough (likely weekly) with my fellow EVMS students! Been going ham on cooking and baking since I know I’ll be leaving my family.
Congrats. Would you mind sharing stats, OOS/IS, and tier? Thanks.
Not sure of a specific amount, but I’d like to think we have a good amount after this month’s deadline for accepted people to narrow school options.How many acceptance do people think they have left?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.