You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Eastern Virginia
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futuredogtor94
Full Member
Accepted - top third OOS! Is anyone else interested in the MPH dual degree program? Confused as to why it is 5 years if you take classes at the same time as MD.
carolinafan100
Full Member
How have y’all gotten notified today? Email or phone call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredogtor94
Full Member
How have y’all gotten notified today? Email or phone call?
Do you guys think they send out OOS WL separate from IS WL? Or is there probably just more OOS WL movement?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably has to do with more OOS WL movement. When I was interviewing the students mentioned there were was also alot if IS WL movement later in the cycleDo you guys think they send out OOS WL separate from IS WL? Or is there probably just more OOS WL movement?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it bad that i am still on the waitlist OOS top third when OOS people from the middle third get in? Are there lots of OOS top third who are never offered acceptance every year?
asdfwelldoit
Full Member
Waitlist Acceptance - TOP 1/3 OOS! Most likely going to withdraw
TheRealTomHanks
New Member
Accepted off waitlist middle tier OOS
Accepted off of the waitlist today! Top 1/3 instate, interviewed in mid December. I sent an update letter in January but never sent a LOI.
Accepted!! OOS, middle tier. Does anyone know when the CTE deadline is?
I believe it's July 18th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shahryar556
Full Member
Do they have a lot of IS movement here? I’m top 3rd in state and kinda scared now
Does anyone know how they send out their waitlist acceptances? Is it sporadic or on a weekly basis after they meet? also did anyone that got accepted off the waitlist send in a letter of interest? Thanks! And congrats to everyone that got accepted!!
Is it bad that i am still on the waitlist OOS top third when OOS people from the middle third get in? Are there lots of OOS top third who are never offered acceptance every year?
nope, the way EVMS pulls from the WL depends on other factors besides where you’re at on it like demographics, maybe activities? Stay hopeful, I know I am!
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Accepted does anyone have the fb
Log into Facebook | FacebookAccepted does anyone have the fb
Thats the link. If it doesnt work try looking up evms class of 2024. Should pop up
Yo this waitlist movement is off the charts. So happy for y’all!!!
ey2020jof270
Full Member
So acceptances off of waitlist are still happening? I feel like the only person on this forum that is top tier OOS here without an A right now. While a bit heartbroken, I'm seriously thrilled for all of you. I know you will make amazing doctors that impact the lives of many patients, and that makes me so happy. God bless you, beautiful people😍Just accepted off of the waitlist!! Top 1/3, OOS!
I did not send a LOIDoes anyone know how they send out their waitlist acceptances? Is it sporadic or on a weekly basis after they meet? also did anyone that got accepted off the waitlist send in a letter of interest? Thanks! And congrats to everyone that got accepted!!
So acceptances off of waitlist are still happening? I feel like the only person on this forum that is top tier OOS here without an A right now. While a bit heartbroken, I'm seriously thrilled for all of you. I know you will make amazing doctors that impact the lives of many patients, and that makes me so happy. God bless you, beautiful people😍
I’m with you! Top 1/3 OOS still waiting for the A :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I truly am excited for IS movement to begin. I'm so incredibly hopeful. Currently studying to take another MCAT in case I don't get in this year.
So acceptances off of waitlist are still happening? I feel like the only person on this forum that is top tier OOS here without an A right now. While a bit heartbroken, I'm seriously thrilled for all of you. I know you will make amazing doctors that impact the lives of many patients, and that makes me so happy. God bless you, beautiful people😍
Same here! OOS first tier with no acceptances anywhere this process is extremely frustrating
Got the acceptance today. IS, WL top 1/3, interviewed in February. Excited and wishing anyone waiting on news the best.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang this is awesome!!! Congrats to everyone today!! Honestly a really good morale boost haha
Fingers crossed we're next 🙂
Congrats everyone, the force was definitely real today haha
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
Did anyone accepted get any financial aid?
futuredogtor94
Full Member
From what I understand from the financial aid info, we can’t apply until we actually pay the deposit. I could be very mistaken though. My brain was overwhelmed to say the least lolDid anyone accepted get any financial aid?
futuredogtor94
Full Member
Does anyone know if there are any plans for orientation at this point? When if/it will be and what not. Classes are still planned to start on 8/10 as of this minute, right?
Does anyone know if there are any plans for orientation at this point? When if/it will be and what not. Classes are still planned to start on 8/10 as of this minute, right?
No changes have been announced. I am sure they are expecting normalcy, but planning alternatives if need be.
futuredogtor94
Full Member
Have they announced when it will be? I just paid my deposit today, so I haven't gotten any correspondence about that information. Also info about the White Coat Ceremony - I need to start making plans for getting my grandma from Upstate NY down to Virginia!No changes have been announced. I am sure they are expecting normalcy, but planning alternatives if need be.
Ethiadene977
Full Member
You can't apply for financial aid until your EVMS account is setup (they require you to fill out their form in addition to FAFSA).
On that note, does EVMS give out login credentials regardless of whether you picked PTE or CTE? Or do you have to indicate CTE first?
Have they announced when it will be? I just paid my deposit today, so I haven't gotten any correspondence about that information. Also info about the White Coat Ceremony - I need to start making plans for getting my grandma from Upstate NY down to Virginia!
No info has been provided and likely no more info will be available for a few weeks. They have not mentioned white coat ceremony, though previously, it looked like it has been the Friday (or was it Thursday?) after classes began. Note: it could also be digital this year.
On that note, does EVMS give out login credentials regardless of whether you picked PTE or CTE? Or do you have to indicate CTE first?
Possibly PTE, only because it's that time of the cycle where you need to PTE. You could get the info prior to PTE previously though. It took about 2 weeks for me to get access, I'm sure it varies though - just wait for that email asking you for your number (2 factor authenticaiton).
I dont think any information has been sent regarding white coat ceremony.Have they announced when it will be? I just paid my deposit today, so I haven't gotten any correspondence about that information. Also info about the White Coat Ceremony - I need to start making plans for getting my grandma from Upstate NY down to Virginia!
Do we have to PTE if we got accepted, or can we just not PTE and wait until july 18th to CTE?
I have not seen them specifically say. I would ask admissions and not random people online, as schools can drop acceptances if someone does not follow their guidelines.
Do we have to PTE if we got accepted, or can we just not PTE and wait until july 18th to CTE?
doesnt PTE’ing save your seat?? I’m not sure as I don’t hold any acceptances and haven’t looked into it. Congrats though!
The volume inside of this bus is ASTRONOMICALI have not seen them specifically say. I would ask admissions and not random people online, as schools can drop acceptances if someone does not follow their guidelines.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
After CTE how long did it take for email information to be sent and school credentials
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredogtor94
Full Member
I CTEed yesterday morning and paid my deposit and haven’t gotten any info yetAfter CTE how long did it take for email information to be sent and school credentials
Typically 5-10 business days for school credentialsAfter CTE how long did it take for email information to be sent and school credentials
Accepted off the WL (top 1/3, OOS) on Monday! I interviewed in November. Loved the school, but I just withdrew as I’ll be matriculating at a program closer to home.
To all those in the top third still waiting to be pulled off the wait list: I hope this A goes to one of you 🙂 Your time is coming soon, so just hang tight! And congratulations to all others accepted this week!!! EVMS is a great school, and you will receive excellent medical training here.
To all those in the top third still waiting to be pulled off the wait list: I hope this A goes to one of you 🙂 Your time is coming soon, so just hang tight! And congratulations to all others accepted this week!!! EVMS is a great school, and you will receive excellent medical training here.
Accepted off the WL (top 1/3, OOS) on Monday! I interviewed in November. Loved the school, but I just withdrew as I’ll be matriculating at a program closer to home.
To all those in the top third still waiting to be pulled off the wait list: I hope this A goes to one of you 🙂 Your time is coming soon, so just hang tight! And congratulations to all others accepted this week!!! EVMS is a great school, and you will receive excellent medical training here.
When in November? Did we interview together :O
Best of luck, thank you for withdrawing promptly! Hoping it goes to the middle :O
When in November? Did we interview together :O
Best of luck, thank you for withdrawing promptly! Hoping it goes to the middle :O
The 13th I think? I was in a Wednesday session. I left directly from that interview to fly to one in Philadelphia so all the dates kind of run together. That was a crazy couple weeks!
I’m going to keep checking in on this thread because I want to celebrate with you WL guys when you get your As!